Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 23, 2011
His positioning at the 2nd goal is truly all you need to know about Pirlo's tactics. He has absolutely no business following Lautaro that deep in their own half. If a striker drops down that deep, let him but don't leave a giant hole in the center of your defense for any other player to run into (which is what happened). If Lautaro receives the ball it's one of our midfielders' responsibility to pick him up. With an organized defense this would have never happened, but Pirlo's tactics bring the absolute worst out of Bonucci.

This high-pressing bullshit doesn't work with the players we have.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
His positioning at the 2nd goal is truly all you need to know about Pirlo's tactics. He has absolutely no business following Lautaro that deep in their own half. If a striker drops down that deep, let him but don't leave a giant hole in the center of your defense for any other player to run into (which is what happened). If Lautaro receives the ball it's one of our midfielders' responsibility to pick him up. With an organized defense this would have never happened, but Pirlo's tactics bring the absolute worst out of Bonucci.

This high-pressing bullshit doesn't work with the players we have.
That one is on Bonucci, I dont know where the fuck he was going, I don't think Pirlo told him to do that.

Oct 23, 2011
That one is on Bonucci, I dont know where the fuck he was going, I don't think Pirlo told him to do that.
You may be right, but it's no secret that Pirlo wants his defenders to press high up. This season Bonucci appears everywhere on the pitch, even on the wing occasionally after a setpiece which just blows my mind. Even in the build-up, he is often the defender that moves to midfield to create that +1 situation. That's why I thought he was following instructions or tactics. Regardless, it really looked amateuristic.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Poor awareness. When he played with Barzagli and Chiellini he had no choice but to sit his ass in the middle and just clean up loose balls like a sweeper. A back four or hybrid system is just too complicated for this dunce who was never a good defender to begin with.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
ok we are talking about Bonucci here, because he is shit and thats okay, but just look at how positioned is this teamit looks like a complete mess. Also shows ho exposed the left side is.
Pirlo's tactics in a nutshell.
Shape, form, marking, tactical awareness is non-existent.
Also look how far centrally Ramsey is and what kind of space hackimi has (a crucial player for them). He pushes a little forward and that play becomes 2 vs 1 vs frabotta who is in no man's land.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Also its such a easy passy to make, there is so much space. This just shows how unprepared we were for the game, because this is basically Inters game plan - from the defence they either send a long ball to their attacker or pass it to the Wing back. Fucking Shakhtar learned how to defend it.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
So, we all agree (those of us who aren't blind or oblivious at least) that he's a bad defender. However where is the passing ability, attacking set pieces, and all that shit he's purportedly good at? Haven't seen it for a while now. In fact, the young Inter defender Bastoni was the one who ended up making a pass that even Bonucci would be proud of.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
So, we all agree (those of us who aren't blind or oblivious at least) that he's a bad defender. However where is the passing ability, attacking set pieces, and all that shit he's purportedly good at? Haven't seen it for a while now. In fact, the young Inter defender Bastoni was the one who ended up making a pass that even Bonucci would be proud of.
That pass by Bastoni was impressive stuff. Truly excellent awareness.

As for Bonucci, I'm not going to defend him, but he's obviously not going to make similar passes in games like the one over the weekend. We were so incredibly stale, there are no runs, we never try to make use of what little space there is, etc. So where is he supposed to pass the ball exactly?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Clearly best times are behind him...his best assets in that role were always his passing abilities...chiellini and barzagli made him look like much better than he ever was. I remember us all criticising the shit out of him in his first couple of seasons.

Has to be benched.

Back 4...sandro demiral MDL caudrado.

Oct 23, 2011
This is getting lame. He has pretty bad this season, yes. But I am sure that with a little bit more organization and cohesiveness he will improve and his weaknesses won't get exposed that much. De Ligt can handle himself because he is a beast 1v1 and an incredible athlete, but I can't think of many other defenders who wouldn't get exposed in our current setup. Besides, we don't even have a proper replacement. I am not counting on Chiellini and Demiral seems to have a reoccurring injury problem as well. So until we get a proper replacement he shouldn't go anywhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)