Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Demiral was on the left, Deffrel came from his side and he didnt track him at all until it was too late.

Anyway, as Lion wrote, also a great play by Deffrel.
Both at fault for me, plus Arthur and Ramsey also far too slack in getting close to the midfielder.

But Bonucci has Defrel in front of him the whole way and should be able to read the danger.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Watch it again, Demiral should have intercepted that ball, or marked Defrel, he did neither and it allowed Defrel to make his run.
Regarding Bonucci I am convinced that other people have different interpretations of our games since many others don't think he's a shit defender. I watch the play, I see that Defrel is infront of Bonucci, so he's Bonucci's responsibility. Demiral is to cut off near post headers or passes or if the carrier makes it into the area. Defrel the centre is not the LCB's man if the attack is coming from the left and there's a second defender in the box.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The goal isn't the worst mistake he made in the game, it was a good ball and first touch that is even hard to defend for elite defenders. It was the ones before that. He had that casual, laid back look to him again. Like he's trying to exude confidence. In reality he can only exist with at least one top defender covering his shortfalls.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Watch it again, Demiral should have intercepted that ball, or marked Defrel, he did neither and it allowed Defrel to make his run.
Trolling or fooling yourself? That mark is Bonbon responsability all day long

- - - Updated - - -

The goal is on Demiral, he should have known better. Never count on Bonucci, do everything on your own. Consider Bonucci has a red card, otherwise relying on him will keep on costing us goals.
Agree. That's what De Ligt does

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
it seems like Bonucci is held to a different standard than pretty much anyone else on the roster. I’ve never seen a guy get away with being shit as much as him. Either fans are underrating his quality, or his manager(s) have some sort of blind loyalty to him. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. We had a similar situation with Khedira, but at least with sami boy you could point to the results with him as a starter.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Cant watch him anymore really. The sooner we get rid of him, the better.

- - - Updated - - -

Could of got himself sent off which would of cost us badly and almost gave away a silly goal.

Bench him already what more will it take.
That positioning when he got the yellow card is something that even i wouldnt do. How the hell do you stand next to your player and leave all that space for him to run instead of standing behind and prevent him to run towards goal like a defender should do??

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Cant watch him anymore really. The sooner we get rid of him, the better.

- - - Updated - - -

That positioning when he got the yellow card is something that even i wouldnt do. How the hell do you stand next to your player and leave all that space for him to run instead of standing behind and prevent him to run towards goal like a defender should do??
We dont need to get rid of him per se, we just need him not be a starter anymore.

athas

Jul 15, 2007
Defrel is Bonucci's responsible from the start.
1.png

Demiral did the right thing, he went to stop Traore in the case Traore run past our mid. Bonucci had only one job: mark the forward in our box.

2.png

And here how it went. The hilarious part is Bonucci's movement, look like he's intentional to let Defrel touch and shoot.

giphy.gif

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Ki
So the take home message for Demiral, as Snobist suggested, is to just imagine that Bonbon is not there and to plan and act accordingly. This actually does sound sensible.
Reminds me of lunch time at high school...there was always that shit player that got a game due to low numbers and which ever team he was on everyone knew either not to pass to him or to make sure you did his job for him. Who would have thought 21 years on i would see this again at the heart of juves defense.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
it seems like Bonucci is held to a different standard than pretty much anyone else on the roster. I’ve never seen a guy get away with being shit as much as him. Either fans are underrating his quality, or his manager(s) have some sort of blind loyalty to him. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. We had a similar situation with Khedira, but at least with sami boy you could point to the results with him as a starter.
I think the main reason is the guy is freakishly durable. Every time one of the others, mainly Demiral, has gotten close to challenge his place they get injured. Then it all starts over again, they have to be eased back from injury and once they find form, they get injured again while this guy stays fit.

It´s just a laughable cycle that won´t end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)