Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Are you serious? Barca missed a bunch of sitters and that's very much why it stayed within normal margins. Overall however i agree that Bonucci did have an ok/decent game by his own average standards and provided some good cover out there but still far away from him being the main reason we got away with only two goals conceded, himself too could and should have done better.

Yes I'm serious. Without him and Woj performances it would gotten ugly. Barca were wasteful on what they got, but Bonucci stopped lots of almost chances in first half before they got to more chances (this with clearly not being able to run). Our best defender (thats not saying much, was a 6 rating performance). Was able to position himself where he is needed in time. 2nd best Danilo, and the worst Demiral, and I dont say it because of the red card, but because he was playing too nervous and reactive.

All in all cant blame our defenders too much, we lack organisation, and lost the ball infront of them alot by the midfielders, inviting transition attacks vs individually skilfull freaks.

Last edited:

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
He was a part of experimental defense line. Had to deal with constant pressure because higher lines didn't manage to keep a ball for ten seconds in a row and string two well-planned passes together. Played against the second best player in the world and other talented guys from Barca's offensive line-up. Was instructed by an inexperienced coach. And yet he did a decent job. If he's criticized for such a performance, Dybala should by packing his things by now.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Yes I'm serious. Without him and Woj performances it would gotten ugly. Barca were wasteful on what they got, but Bonucci stopped lots of almost chances in first half before they got to more chances (this with clearly not being able to run). Our best defender (thats not saying much, was a 6 rating performance). Was able to position himself where he is needed in time. 2nd best Danilo, and the worst Demiral, and I dont say it because of the red card, but because he was playing too nervous and reactive.

All in all cant blame our defenders too much, we lack organisation, and lost the ball infront of them alot by the midfielders, inviting transition attacks vs individually skilfull freaks.
Then you can say he is the reason it didn't end 13-0 perhaps because i'm quite sure that even without Bonucci's contributions they still got easily past our mids and defence enough to have scored maybe 5,6 or even 7 by the end.

Anyway, he is not the reason we lost last night obviously but LMAO at some of you praising him and defending him blindfolded, yeah he wasnt bad but he wasnt some hero either, not at all in fact so just snap out of it as this debate it's just cringe worthy and goes far away from the main consensus that sadly we were plain shit alltogether and all over the place last night which is the main reason we lost and could have went even worst.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Oh no, yesterday without him would have been a tragedy. From what I've seen, he fought really hard. Hate the guy too, but come on.
He said Bonucci was one of the MAIN reasons, maybe a bit of rephrasing needed there ? Based on @Osman second post he seems to be adding others aswell as the main reason it didn't get uglier which does makes sense , but by no means was he the deciding factor it remained only 2-0 , frankly if you ask me i'd add Griezmann, Dembele and even Messi as one of the main reasons it stayed within normal margins given how many clear cut chances they bottled which are separate to those that Bonucci cleared out.

Anyway , again , he wasn't some hero but definitely neither one of the main culprits, many factors made it lead to that but otherwise he didn't lead by example either to be deserving of such praise, believe me, once he puts on a good performance that actually leads to a good result i'll be one of the first to appreciate him for it, but about last night , ffs how cringe is it to be praising him after doing next to nothing impressive and talking about how he 'saved' us from conceeding even 6goals when it could have easily still been that many goals given how many clear cut chances and one on ones Barcelona had this game... as i was saying, i feel uncomfortable even writing or talking about this whole situation so let's just leave it to whatever each wants to believe, however one fact remains and that is the team was atrocious at both ends of the pitch and the score barelly reflects how ugly it was.

- - - Updated - - -

Also , just to clarify we are not exactly in a disagreement, i do want to point out that it's definitely better to have Bonucci around rather than not that's for sure, personally i do dislike both Bonucci the player and character but there's no point denying he still is a reliable solution(more often than not IMO) to have given our other CB's injury history or even lack of experience atm.

Last edited:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I mean writting an essey to find excuses, not because a player had a bad game but because he performed above your expectations and to make sure that type of delinquency cant go unnoticed. Tuz :touched:
Imagine saying he performed above my expectations when losing 2-0 at home and allowing about 10 clearcut chances which haven’t turned to goals solely due to poor finishing from the opponent and then come here and say we should be praising Bonucci who had as many good interventions as bad ones last night, tactics or not, he was more or less on the same level with the team and if you think otherwise then perhaps you were blinded by the few mins your stream worked and probably noticed his block on Messi in the beggining of the game after Demiral’s giveaway and are probably basing the whole argument on that only lol, yeah he is a good option to still have around but he did not exceed my expectations by any means yesterday, if anything he was okay and not directly responsible for any of the goals which is a pleasant surprise as he usually tends to be part of that select group and that’s pretty much about it, nothing more nothing less.

well, needless to remind, tuz’ is the place where a player is a king and irreplaceable after one good game and a disposable totally useless bum the very next game when things don’t go that players way, and vice versa all year long, and even funnily enough, the very same experts come and shit on usually the same player and then come back to praise him just to go back and shit on him again the very next time they get a chance.

Last edited:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Funnily enough, the very same experts come and shit on usually the same player and then come back to praise him just to go back and shit on him again the very next time they get a chance.
Not the case with Bonucci. It's always the same users who shit on him, and they do so always, regardless of performance. At best they are silent for one week, but that's about it. They just happen to hate his guts.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Calma... Him, Lucio, Woj and Morata were the only ones that seemed competent enough to play at this level. Others looked like they accidentally found themselves on the pitch, while on their way to local deli. To play good defense as a team, requires good organization and suitable approach, which we dont have atm. Blaming one of our best performers and he defo was if u look at the amount of times he was there to make clearance, important tackle, interception, doesnt seem fair.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Not the case with Bonucci. It's always the same users who shit on him, and they do so always, regardless of performance. At best they are silent for one week, but that's about it. They just happen to hate his guts.
Think there are a few who tend to do that here aswell. And ofc not only here, and im not referring to you or Osman either, just overall, there’s such a thin line that even level-headed guys can get easily triggered and maybe go a bit overboard with praising(sometimes criticizing) just by trying to prove a point, even a fair one in most cases but still, it’s silly and pointless arguing about this particular situation for example, yes Bonucci had an ok game but to say he is one of the main reasons it was only 2-0 when Barcelona’s attack single handedly bottled some of the most clear cut chances i’ve ever seen Juve ever being subjected to for the duration of one full 90mins is just pointless to say the least.

- - - Updated - - -

Calma... Him, Lucio, Woj and Morata were the only ones that seemed competent enough to play at this level. Others looked like they accidentally found themselves on the pitch, while on their way to local deli. To play good defense as a team, requires good organization and suitable approach, which we dont have atm. Blaming one of our best performers and he defo was if u look at the amount of times he was there to make clearance, important tackle, interception, doesnt seem fair.
Agreed, just for the main point which is the fact that i think nobody is seriously bashing him for his performance last night, if anything he was as you mentioned, among the ones that actually tried something and didn’t fail repeteadly at it, but again, personally i just don’t agree with the notion it was thanks to him that the score remained so marginal when in reality it was Barca’s atack that graciously bottled it time after time.

Last edited:

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Not a fan at all but I saw a good match by him yesterday. I hope we see more of it. And also didn't he have that long pass on the disallowed goal? Whoever Pirlo puts in there, those players will get my full support for 90 minutes, could be less, it depends. :sergio:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i saw him do one of his backwards tackles on messi and it worked!

a fine scholar like messi never expected such dirty peasant method of defending to outsmart him lmao.

after that messi was shook taking on bonucci lmao

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Specially considering none of our MF was able to made long passes and how underperformed were Paulo and JGC; our only way to go was basically with high pressure recovers ball or long balls from Bonbon.... He wasn't definitely the reason why we were so chaotic against Farca in every line

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 363)