Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I would say he is underrated here at Tuz but the thing is he makes some crucial mistakes - He is similar to MDL in terms of position but if you take Chiellini vs Demiral it means we still have Danilo which means we still need one more CB.
It is still unknown as to who are going to be our 3 CB in case all are healthy but if I need to take a guess - Bonucci and MDL are going to start with Chiellini as LCB which means we dont get Demiral as a starter yet but we are getting Danilo out.
Danilo (or at least the version we’ve seen of him so far) is a better fit for RCB than any of the other CBs though, because defensively he’s still the best fit at RB and he can also go forward and get involved offensively, which seems to be a requirement for Pirlo. I can’t see him getting benched if he plays like he has so far.

So ideally we’d have something like

RCB- Danilo
CB- De Ligt
LCB- Chiellini or Demiral

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I can’t see Demiral benching Bonucci, as Bonucci is too important in the build up offensively. Demiral to me is Chiellinis backup/competition.

I think de Ligt has the best shot, but that would require Pirlo to ignore all biases. And it’s still tbd what Bonucci were gonna get this season. He was great against Sampdoria and looked great again yesterday.
Is he really? It's only been two games under Pirlo so maybe we'll see, but i don't know what he does that De Ligt can't. Perhaps send some nice long passes but so far we don't play like that anymore

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Is he really? It's only been two games under Pirlo so maybe we'll see, but i don't know what he does that De Ligt can't. Perhaps send some nice long passes but so far we don't play like that anymore
I’d argue hes more important now than he was under Sarri.

B02C7BB5-FC4E-4853-B312-420BF47B5224.jpeg

he’s almost an extra mid. Definitely vital to build up, and breaking lines. But De Ligt is good for that role as well, and he’s a superior defender, so Pirlo will have an interesting decision to make.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Had a good game. His leadership was valuable. Penalty bot his fault. He had to commit to the tackle and it went not his way. 9 other times he would have gotten away with that

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Can't wait for De Ligt to come back and bench his ass.
I wouldnt sleep on this. Bonucci has some sort of a spell cast on coaches where they cant bench him and would even change a whole system up just to suit Bonucci in it. I would go as far as to say that if it werent for Bonucci we would have never played with 3 at the back.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
To be honest, he plays best in a back 3 but the back 3 Pirlo plays is really a back 4 in the defensive phase and the timing of Danilo's movements to the right back position can leave him exposed and therefore makes Bonucci look worse than he is. Bonucci's distribution and long balls is what makes him unique and why coach's like him.

Also I have a feeling that Pirlo really wants a McKennie style midfielder also helping a lot in defense. Perhaps Arthur's positioning needs to be refined in the system too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)