Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
You mean Chiellini is humble and fully aware of his surroundings while Bonucci is a guy that had to be renewed and overpaid to stay, right?
No I meant you don't need to worry about chiello's self interest he's got an agent and obviously treated well by the club.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Loyalty, sacrifice, passion and first and foremost choosing to put the club first, the embodiment of a Juventus captain and leader of 9x champions defence.

I mean, basically, almost everything that this guy isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

lol? just can't....

Pointing out Bonucci as the most reliable CB is point blank FALSE, maybe the most healthy and available yes, but that's about it. Plenty of mediocre players capable of that aswell. Anyway, as i was saying, if you think we have any chance getting anywhere far in CL with this guy leading the backline then you are in for a rude awakening pal.
You just can't what? Not to exaggerate? Eventhough your mind is made up and would like to think otherwise he's already proven that we can.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
No I meant you don't need to worry about chiello's self interest he's got an agent and obviously treated well by the club.
Yes but we obviously can't deny the contrast between the two, which is among the very reasons why his time is up, there's literally almost no bright side to keeping or starting him other then being injury-free, but then we can add the high wages, age, declining performances , defeatist mentality and above all lack of assuming responsability, all this without even mentioning his questionable loyalty.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm done with the arguments, point is he's not good enough anymore and it hurts knowing it and still having to start him due to circumstances, we are never going to go far with him starting in crucial CL games and it's been quite obvious for some time now.

- - - Updated - - -

You just can't what? Not to exaggerate? Eventhough your mind is made up and would like to think otherwise he's already proven that we can.
I haven't exaggerated nearly as much as you buddy, you are confusing availability/dependability with quality/what really is required to succeed at this level.

Last edited:

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Yes but we obviously can't deny the contrast between the two, which is among the very reasons why his time is up, there's literally almost no bright side to keeping or starting him other then being injury-free, but then we can add the high wages, age, declining performances , defeatist mentality and above all lack of assuming responsability, all this without even mentioning his questionable loyalty.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm done with the arguments, point is he's not good enough anymore and it hurts knowing it and still having to start him due to circumstances, we are never going to go far with him starting in crucial CL games and it's been quite obvious for some time now.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't exaggerated nearly as much as you buddy, you are confusing availability/dependability with quality/what really is required to succeed at this level.
"what really is required at this level" please...
We've reached finals with this guy also getting into world's XI pretty much debunking whatever you bring up against him. Guess what the latest winners had an half injured and a makeshift cb in defence. You guys just put too much emphasis on individuals in a team game and you in particular are clearly biased.
Have a good day dude :tup:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
"what really is required at this level" please...
We've reached finals with this guy also getting into world's XI pretty much debunking whatever you bring up against him. Guess what the latest winners had an half injured and a makeshift cb in defence. You guys just put too much emphasis on individuals in a team game and you in particular are clearly biased.
Have a good day dude :tup:
At least you are able to recognize the past tense of your statement, altough you clearly failed to notice i've said he's been finished since his Milan affair, not before, and just to point it out even further the main fact here would be that ever since then we got eliminated by Ajax and Lyon, all 4 games with him starting, not necessarily him being the main culprit ofc but he sure could have done better, but he instead failed miserably both individually and collectively in all of those games, which is a pretty good sample of what to expect further, so anyway, whatever fits your narrative then. :tup:

Have a nice day aswell, cheers.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Passage from Bonucci's pre-match press-conference for Italy's game against the Netherlands tomorrow.

“We are fortunate to be seeing two of the best defenders in the world face off, like Giorgio Chiellini and Virgil van Dijk, who I’d say are two of the top five.

“Van Dijk proved in the Premier League and on international duty that he deserves the Ballon d’Or, while Giorgio has been the best for 15 years.

“The Dutch have a different way of defending to the Italians, they are more physical, whereas we focus more on the tactics.”

Read the rest of it here: https://www.football-italia.net/158186/bonucci-chiellini-and-van-dijk-worlds-best

Somewhat likeable comments, i give him that. :tup:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Lol Van Dijk doesn't deserve a Ballon d'or. What rubbish
That's bs ofc, but coming from an selfish CB as himself what'd did you expect? he probably hopes he'd be deserving of one too in case we win a CL.. :lol:
at least he recognized Georgio's greatness aswell which kind of balances out all the other bs tbh. :D

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Lol Van Dijk doesn't deserve a Ballon d'or. What rubbish
You are right Messi deserved it - He was literally the most important in their way for the CL title - Oh wait, nope he didnt.. VVD definitely got robbed there...

P.S I think most of the forum exaggerate regarding Bonucci - It is true we can improve but people here are talking about him like he is kind of a Serie C reject.
Should we improve over Bonucci?! No doubt, but there are things that should happen first like fixing areas where our players are almost dead like our midfield and also our CF which will soon arrive.
The CF thing is different as we sold Mandzukic in the past without getting a replacement and now we are kicking Higuain so its obvious we cant really go a full season without a pure CF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 123)