Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Where else do you find a *cough* defender with such ball playing ability, ahem, we don't even need a midfield with such quality at the back dinking balls around the pitch with pin-point accuracy. he even tackles opponents without even looking at them, what other defenders can tackle with their back to the player, i cant think of any.

Mbappe + Cash then we can start talking, until then, suffer with Thiago Silva and Marquinos, whilst he have the true GOAT at the back

Buy on AliExpress.com

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Where else do you find a *cough* defender with such ball playing ability, ahem, we don't even need a midfield with such quality at the back dinking balls around the pitch with pin-point accuracy. he even tackles opponents without even looking at them, what other defenders can tackle with their back to the player, i cant think of any.

Mbappe + Cash then we can start talking, until then, suffer with Thiago Silva and Marquinos, whilst he have the true GOAT at the back
We don‘t need a defender with ball playing ability. That‘s Jorginhos part in Sarris system.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm not a big Bonucci fan, but I wouldn't want to sell him just because we sign someone like De Ligt (hopefully). Not sure if I trust Rugani yet either. If an offer like 50ME arrives for Bonucci, that should absolutely be considered, but I doubt that is a serious rumor -- although it could be in lobotomized EPL-land.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Considering Chiellini's age, Rugani's incompetence, Romero & Demirel who are relatively unknown and lack experience, selling Bonucci wouldnt be that great. We would need reliable replacement for a start.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Would he happily accept riding the bench for most of the season/all important matches though?

He doesn't strike me as someone who would.
He'll be the starter along De Ligt soon enough, Chiellini is fantastic but he's glass as fuck and goes missing in the most important moments almost every season.

That being said I don't think Bonucci will complain if he has to sit on the bench from time to time. He leaned his lesson with the Milan move IMO - he knows he won't have it any better than here.

If anyone should be worried then it's Rugani. He seems to accept the bench role though, so no problems here too.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Considering Chiellini's age, Rugani's incompetence, Romero & Demirel who are relatively unknown and lack experience, selling Bonucci wouldnt be that great. We would need reliable replacement for a start.
Is Bonucci reliable though?

Only thing you could rely on him for last season was to not bother to mark his opposing striker on crosses.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Ahh, the haters in full force again :touched:

Let's sell him right? Because Chiello never get's injured and we still have the likes of Raguno and Demiral to fill in if an important game comes up eh?

Yeah, I know who i'd rather have coming off the bench instead, and so do you if you put the personal bias aside for a second.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Is Bonucci reliable though?

Only thing you could rely on him for last season was to not bother to mark his opposing striker on crosses.
Hes underrated here to a point its getting silly. Obviously Bonucci excells when he has player like Chiellini next to him, someone to do the 'dirty' work. Paired with Rugani or another not as physical type of defender and you are asking for trouble.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Hes underrated here to a point its getting silly. Obviously Bonucci excells when he has player like Chiellini next to him, someone to do the 'dirty' work. Paired with Rugani or another not as physical type of defender and you are asking for trouble.
He does well when he doesn't have to defend i.e. when he is protected in a back 3.

I would be incredibly surprised if we played a back 3 next year, when you only have 2 CB's you need them both to be able to defend. I genuinely lost count of the number of goals he cost us last season by simply not being able to defend.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

Let's sell him right? Because Chiello never get's injured and we still have the likes of Raguno and Demiral to fill in if an important game comes up eh?

Yeah, I know who i'd rather have coming off the bench instead, and so do you if you put the personal bias aside for a second.
Common man he is definitely better than rugani, but if the rumored price would be somewhere north of 40 mil. wouldn't you want to sell?
If de ligt comes he will ride the bench.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

Ofc that Demiral, player for whome 90% of members have never even heard of let alone seen him play is suddenly superior and reliable player.

- - - Updated - - -

He does well when he doesn't have to defend i.e. when he is protected in a back 3.

I would be incredibly surprised if we played a back 3 next year, when you only have 2 CB's you need them both to be able to defend. I genuinely lost count of the number of goals he cost us last season by simply not being able to defend.
Its a myth debunked a while ago. He had tremendous seasons in our both CL finalist years and we played with 4 at the back. At least until the final game :p

Yeah there were mistakes but a lot of it came when he was paired with Rugani and these two dont fit in together. His good games were alongside Chiellini and I feel the same would be with MDL.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)