Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

alex_samatar

Feb 16, 2004
Yeah, that`s not what actually happened, Thuram got the ball, took it and went with it towards the touchline, where he lost control of it and eventually lost it, giving Real Madrid a throw-in 4 or 5 metres from the corner spot... Not that it matters, Real didnt score after Thuram`s mistake, unlike Bayern who punished Evra`s or Parma who took advantage of Mario`s attempt to clear the ball...
You made me laugh I swear. Well maybe I am old fashioned but we used to applaud guys who clear the ball near the goalkeeper.

Buy on AliExpress.com

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
You made me laugh I swear. Well maybe I am old fashioned but we used to applaud guys who clear the ball near the goalkeeper.
Well, I guess we have a different understanding of what "clearing the ball" means. I always assumed that to "clear the ball" means to kick it away, as far away from the goal as possible, while you consider "clearing" this:

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
You are trolling but guys like Thuram are the definition of defending. It is rare to get them in football they play everywhere in the field. I will never forget that game again Real Madrid when Buffon saved Figo’s penalty Thuram stepped up and kicked the ball out of the penalty area.
I'm not trolling. That is exactly what Thuram said about Juve.

alex_samatar

Feb 16, 2004
Well, I guess we have a different understanding of what "clearing the ball" means. I always assumed that to "clear the ball" means to kick it away, as far away from the goal as possible, while you consider "clearing" this:

Clearing the ball from the 18 yard box. Am I speaking some sort of a language that you don’t understand.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Allegri:

“Bonucci, in a competitive trance, expressed himself badly after the game but immediately apologised and explained what he meant. The two are distinct"

I hope he means apologised to Kean immediately in private and he's not speaking about his social media post.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Allegri:

“Bonucci, in a competitive trance, expressed himself badly after the game but immediately apologised and explained what he meant. The two are distinct"

I hope he means apologised to Kean immediately in private and he's not speaking about his social media post.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Clearing the ball from the 18 yard box. Am I speaking some sort of a language that you don’t understand.
I`m sure you do, just like I speak at least one language that you don't understand, that is why we use the common language - english, to communicate with each other.

I will say it (again) - it doesnt really matter what happened after a penalty from almost 16 years ago, since it didnt result in Juventus conceding a goal. And yet it matters in this particular conversation because you picked a specific moment from that situation and praised one individual for his reaction and for what you remember that he did, while in reality it was a little bit different. Our brain does that sometimes - you remember that it was Thuram who reached the ball first and then your brain makes you think that he instantly kicked it away from the penalty area and cleared the danger - like you first said: "when Buffon saved Figo’s penalty Thuram stepped up and kicked the ball out of the penalty area." However, the video of the situation shows that Thuram neither kicked the ball nor cleared it, he collected the ball and with his first touch he went for the right side of our flang, ran towards the touch-line in an attempt to start a counter-attack (or maybe to then kick it away from the goal, whatever his plan was at that moment), his second touch of the ball was misjudged and poor, and his attempt to move past Figo, who was chasing him and the ball, failed and the ball went out for a throw-in just a few metres from the corner-spot - so in result the danger remained and had Real scored from the play after their throw-in then Thuram would have been (partially) responsible for not kicking/clearing the ball away from our goal in the first place and removing the danger, which is quite the opposite of what you remember and what you praised him for.

Now, since all of this is not related to Bonucci and is offtopic, I would like to simply say this - You are a free man and you are free to remember whatever you want, however you want it, you can tell the story of "when Buffon saved Figo’s penalty Thuram stepped up and kicked the ball out of the penalty area." to friends, colleagues, family, your children and grandchildren whatever you like and want to and neither I nor anyone else can stop you from doing just that. Cheers!

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Thread is getting better and better.

If this was redcafe there would be
165 new topics, only tuz can cover and discuss everything in one single thread.

amir3323

Jul 31, 2014
Thread is getting better and better.

If this was redcafe there would be
165 new topics, only tuz can cover and discuss everything in one single thread.
I checked that site for first time in a while to see the meltdown. The number of Pogba threads on that forum is completely out of control. How things have changed since summer of 2016.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)