Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
But in the first line, is he trying to imply that Keane provoked the crowd? Even though his celebration was more muted than anything and they were racially abusing him long before the goal even happened?
The so called provocation of the crowd is not the issue, at least not with me. Its the actual term "50/50" at fault that troubles me... it's basically saying its Kean's fault he's black. Being heckled for 80+ mins before his goal makes it Kean's fault? fucking hell so much :sergio:

I still cant get over the fact the figc will turn a blind eye to this and let Cagliari walk away with this... what a way to solve racism :tup: sure lets worry about domestic abuse by applying a red strip on our faces instead :sergio:

Bonucci's follow up statement if anything was even more damaging followed by hollow and meaningless words of "Say no to racism"

seriously he needs to just fuck off now I'm embarrassed enough as it is with his on pitch performances, I can do without his stupidity off it

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I fail to see why what Kean did was wrong. And by wrong I mean something he must not do again. It was neither against the rules nor the norms. Just like fans' jeering and booing and even insulting are not against the norms. It's the racial insults that should have no place in the stadiums. Even if his celebration was provocative (which wasn't), when the two "wrongs" are disproportionate, it's stupid to give them equal (Bonucci's comments) or similar weights (Max's comments). It's even more stupid when the player affected is YOUR player. And even if you are stupid x stupid, you've got to be a moron to show it publicly.
Definitely agree with this. Kean’s celebration wasn’t provocative in the slightest, imo, nor should anyone be trying to justify racial abuse received because of a harmless celebration even if it was somewhat provocative (added to the fact they’d already been chanting such things earlier in the match).

While I do think Max saying Kean shouldn’t celebrate like that (I doubt he’d even seen it at that point, probably going off the question of the reporter) is poor given the context and timing, I just don’t see Max’s comments giving them similar weight at all. He said these people should be identified and banned for life and nothing justifies what these idiots are doing... saying that it takes great intelligence and care not to provoke these idiots is unfortunately the truth as evidenced by this incident. But I don’t see saying he shouldn’t have celebrated in a provocative way as placing similar weight on both sides. It’s wrong, but it’s not apportioning blame like Bonucci saying the fault is 50/50.

What I would have preferred from both Is saying something along the lines of they wish Kean would have celebrated with his teammates and ignored the idiots in the crowd, but that they understand why he felt the need to confront such blatant and disgusting racism, which should be punished with lifetime bans.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
That 50/50 comment to me is like when you tell your little brother to avoid the crazy neighborhood dog with a history of unprovoked attacks, you tell him to avoid the direction in which the barks are coming from and your brother does the exact opposite and engages with it. That kid bears half the blame. Idiot did a major F up in pharsing what he wanted to say. We have seen many Bonucci brainfarts during matches and this was one in judgement.
I dont believe this was Kean's first encounter with ignorant idiots or racists. We don't know the inside story of what Allegri or anyone else told him before this or how kean handled it before away from cameras. There is alot of shit we dont know.
. To me this was a fuck up nothing more. This was an inside converstation and not for an interview . I see a lot of over-reacting on here with zero warrant.. and the only thing I see wrong at this point is the club coming out, apologizing and clearing the air. But then again I'm still waiting for the same thing about how ADP left.

Deleted member 2609

Bonucci is Bonucci, he gets 1m pay rise as a reward for coming back after walking out. So with our club encouraging that twisted logic he probably thinks by not sticking up for Kean he'll get another pay rise.
Bonucci is getting irritated because more people are starting to realise that he's overrated.

The current racism protocol doesn't work, Inter proved that. They got a closure then a month later they only got a warning because after the closure they were back to zero bad points, like a yellow card system. Full stadium closures are the only answer. Start with one and increase for each subsequent offence, and don't reset for a new season but instead carry on the increases from the previous season. Eventually the club presidents will get it into their thick partial heads when they have to play 6 home games in a row behind closed doors and can't afford to pay themselves.
The politicians will never change.
Hit the presidents in the pocket and tarnish their club image because money is all they understand.
Italian football would suffer from an image crisis for a few years because of all the reported stadium closures but eventually it would turn and come out better at the other end.
Of course it won't happen because the liga and the FIGC won't want a loss in image rights because it's all about the money. :rolleyes2:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
nice :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Really?!
Easily one of the best ever. Not even a debate.

I've stated on this forum many times in the past that I've never held a grudge against anyone for leaving that summer. Players leave clubs all the time and in this case it was completely understandable to leave. That's what makes the players who stayed even more special.

Regarding his comments although they annoyed me at the time I do understand how he must of been pissed off. Back then everyone was sure Juve were guilty. The players felt betrayed all their hard work undone and two titles taken away basically being labeled as a cheat because of the acts of some bad decision making by some people at the club.

I believe we were innocent of this but this information only came to light years later back then this is how they would of felt.

Last edited:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Back then everyone was sure Juve were guilty. The players felt betrayed all their hard work in done and two titles taken a way basically being labeled as a cheat because of the acts of some bad decision making by some people at the club.

I believe we were innocent of this but this information only came to light years later back then this is how they would of felt.
This forum was a difficult place during them days, I couldn't believe my eyes how many were convinced we were guilty, ill give you that.

Out of the big players that left, zlatan, thuram, emerson, zambrotta, canavaro, viera and mutu. I'd say just less than half of them left with ounce of dignity, the rest had mercenaries written all over their smug face. This man was one of them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
The brit press certainly pounced on it, but kids look up to professionals and sadly we're going to get some kids taking the 50-50 approach as a new thing. Bonucci is telling kean how to be professional, but the reality is he showed no sign of being one himself.
Yes, and this will re-ignite when - not if - Juve come to Manchester or London for the CL semi-finals.

Both City and Spurs have outspoken black players that will certainly be approached for comment about Bonucci before the game - Raheem Sterling and Danny Rose, in particular - as the press know they will express their thoughts without any reservation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47798392
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/04/danny-rose-football-racism-england-tottenham

The press here love a bit of controversy and the media won't be letting this go, especially in light of the crap 'apology.' And that really does do nothing positive for the English speaking world's view of Italian football.

It's a shame because Bonucci seems like a decent footballer, and this is his legacy now. To be regarded as either a moron (at best) or a racist. Of course, the more relevant story is the one about Cagliari fans. But that won't sell as many papers or get as many clicks. Juve are the poster boys of Serie A after all. Gotta keep the advertisers happy.

P.S. I don't mean this post to be incendiary, just putting out a view from someone who has only a neutral affiliation with Italy and Juventus.

Last edited:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
This forum was a difficult place during them days, I couldn't believe my eyes how many were convinced we were guilty, ill give you that.

Out of the big players that left, zlatan, thuram, emerson, zambrotta, canavaro, viera and mutu. I'd say just less than half of them left with ounce of dignity, the rest had mercenaries written all over their smug face. This man was one of them.

A lot of them players were going to leave anyway regardless and as I said before players leaving clubs happens all the time so I've never felt like they we're traitors.

If we make it out that it was so easy to stay then that takes the shine off the players who actaully did.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005

I dont think its that easy to say tbh.

Two things.

1) Surely with relegation ( no european football. No serie a tv money) Juve lost lot of income in terms of tv money/sponsorship money/price/prize money. So that affected our policy with wages/salaries. I dont remember details but all the big players who stayed surely took a pay cut. That is significant. Without income it was not possible to pay all the stars we had.

2) Its easy to moan at the "traitors" but we also have to look at players own individual careers. Its not players fault we got relegated. And some of them were nearing mid 30s. Thuram was one of the oldest players in the squad.

I think what was worse was guys who said they remain and then still left. Cannavaro and Zambrotta initially said they will stay. And even then. Both were past it after world cup. Both Zambro and Canna declined so much and so fast. Canna was getting owned in Madrid and Zambro couldnt get into Barca first team. Zambro was also one of italys worst players at euro 08.

Zlatan was pretty much the only guy who didnt flop after leaving Juve. Mutu had some decent seasons at Fiorentina but he was on Capellos bench anyway.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I dont think its that easy to say tbh.

Two things.

1) Surely with relegation ( no european football. No serie a tv money) Juve lost lot of income in terms of tv money/sponsorship money/price/prize money. So that affected our policy with wages/salaries. I dont remember details but all the big players who stayed surely took a pay cut. That is significant. Without income it was not possible to pay all the stars we had.

2) Its easy to moan at the "traitors" but we also have to look at players own individual careers. Its not players fault we got relegated. And some of them were nearing mid 30s. Thuram was one of the oldest players in the squad.

I think what was worse was guys who said they remain and then still left. Cannavaro and Zambrotta initially said they will stay. And even then. Both were past it after world cup. Both Zambro and Canna declined so much and so fast. Canna was getting owned in Madrid and Zambro couldnt get into Barca first team. Zambro was also one of italys worst players at euro 08.

Zlatan was pretty much the only guy who didnt flop after leaving Juve. Mutu had some decent seasons at Fiorentina but he was on Capellos bench anyway.
Yes it would have affected us financially, but in no way did we force these players out, nor did these players leave because they morally gave a fuck about our finances. Sure someone would leave I'm ok with that, but it was always the manner. As you've highlighted zambro and cannavaro were 2 examples of mercenaries. We fans went through a lot, for these players its a career, for some fans its life.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
At the 06 world cup he was asked about calciopoli, he simply answered "juventus who" while still a juve player mind you
And I said it annoyed me but after a few years I came to understand the anger the players would of been feeling at the time.

He has stayed relatively close to the club since then Im sure he would feel differently about the situation now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)