• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Barzagli: ‘Bonucci? No comment…’
By Football Italia staff

Juventus defender Andrea Barzagli won’t discuss a potential return for Leonardo Bonucci as “it’s not fair on those who are here now”.

Along with Giorgio Chiellini, the pair formed part of the famous ‘BBC’ defence which helped the Bianconeri to win six Scudetti in a row.

The partnership was broken up last year though, when Bonucci joined Milan in a shock €40m deal.

It’s now thought that the centre-back wants to return to Turin, but his former teammate isn’t keen to discuss getting the BBC back together.

“Beyond the relationship with Leo, I think it’s not fair on those who are here now to talk about it. It’s something for the club to decide, and I think they know very well what to do.

“Paul Pogba? After a signing like [Cristiano] Ronaldo you can link so many names to Juve but I don’t know anything, it’s nothing to do with me.”

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
We were an inferior team when he left, and he's still a big upgrade if we do.

Lets not $#@!ing $#@! around. If you cant see how much our buildup game suffered and deteriorated without him, you are blind as $#@!.

Bonucci's ball playing ability and passing range was crucial for the past several seasons and we never found a way to compensate.

Teams just marked the regista, and without Pogba we had no midfielder able to bring it forward either.

With Bonucci, Pjanic would operate much more freely. And having Ronado, Costa and Dybala to send behind the defence, its a massive danger aswel.

Meanwhile, lets not forget, Bonucci was a high class defender. He's not a one man leader and crushed under pressure. he'll return to his former excellent self.

So what was the deal ? Toxic ego presence

Fairly $#@!ing certain he doesnt remotely has an ego left with is utter failure of a milan stint.

if the Ultra's dont block the move, we should do it.
Total nonsense. Our build-up play has deteriorated because of our deteriorated midfield. Like it's been said before, it'd make no sense to bring him back considering his wages and our urgency to sign a top midfielder. We don't need a good passer in defense and we shouldn't go back to 3-5-2. That formation has gotten us nowhere in Champions League.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Total nonsense. Our build-up play has deteriorated because of our deteriorated midfield. Like it's been said before, it'd make no sense to bring him back considering his wages and our urgency to sign a top midfielder. We don't need a good passer in defense and we shouldn't go back to 3-5-2. That formation has gotten us nowhere in Champions League.
:tup:

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Man I used to come to this thread to laugh and now I come here to cry.

I can't believe this is happening, I mean has he got no pride left?

How can he even look his Torino supporting son in the face :lol:

If we take him back and he has one of his classic brain farts in a CL knockout game are fans will turn on him and his confidence will be shot to hell if it isn't already.

What a crazy Mercato.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I think there's truth to both statements. Bonucci did help our build-up play, so what Zach is saying is not nonsense at all. But our midfield also deteriorated, which also obviously made a big impact.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Man I used to come to this thread to laugh and now I come here to cry.

I can't believe this is happening, I mean has he got no pride left?

How can he even look his Torino supporting son in the face :lol:

If we take him back and he has one of his classic brain farts in a CL knockout game are fans will turn on him and his confidence will be shot to hell if it isn't already.

What a crazy Mercato.
lol forgot his son likes Torino

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Oud midfield in 2017 was

Pjanic
Khedira
Dybala
Mandzukic
Cuadrado

In 2017 that mid 2 simply didnt work at all and we needed a mid 3 cause we struggled immensely to get the ball forward

That was because teams marked pjanic and pressed quickly and we couldnt get the ball fast and effectively over the press

In 2017 if they pressed the defence and mids, players ran behind the press and Bonucci, or if he was getting pressed, pjanic, send the ball over the press

There is a simple reason why modern top teams all have at least 1 regista'esque cb. Because you cant press all the way to the CB as he'll simply find players in the space you leave behind you

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I think there's truth to both statements. Bonucci did help our build-up play, so what Zach is saying is not nonsense at all. But our midfield also deteriorated, which also obviously made a big impact.
:tup:

Which became evem more obvious due to Bonucci not being there anymore.

How people fail to see this is beyond me. Then again it's just the usual suspects really.

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
Oud midfield in 2017 was

Pjanic
Khedira
Dybala
Mandzukic
Cuadrado

In 2017 that mid 2 simply didnt work at all and we needed a mid 3 cause we struggled immensely to get the ball forward

That was because teams marked pjanic and pressed quickly and we couldnt get the ball fast and effectively over the press

In 2017 if they pressed the defence and mids, players ran behind the press and Bonucci, or if he was getting pressed, pjanic, send the ball over the press

There is a simple reason why modern top teams all have at least 1 regista'esque cb. Because you cant press all the way to the CB as he'll simply find players in the space you leave behind you
That's not true. RM don't have a "registaesque" CB. Ramos isn't one and I'm pretty sure Varane isn't one either. However, I do agree we need a mid 3 to crowd the midfield and have more control and possession.

Like you said, Pjanic needs a hand but it shouldn't come from defense, it should come from the midfield itself. Just like Pirlo was covered by Marchisio and Vidal back in the day. Imagine we could build a team like that but instead of having Vucinic, Matri or Tevez in attack, have a Ronaldo, Dybala, D. Costa.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That's not true. RM don't have a "registaesque" CB. Ramos isn't one and I'm pretty sure Varane isn't one either. However, I do agree we need a mid 3 to crowd the midfield and have more control and possession.

Like you said, Pjanic needs a hand but it shouldn't come from defense, it should come from the midfield itself. Just like Pirlo was covered by Marchisio and Vidal back in the day. Imagine we could build a team like that but instead of having Vucinic, Matri or Tevez in attack, have a Ronaldo, Dybala, D. Costa.

Ramos and Varane are both technically gifted and are surely a lot better passers than Chiellini or Benatia.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Marotta wants Bonucci to apologize to the fans before signing him. The Juventus CEO also expects the player to take a pay cut in order to arrive in Turin.
(GOAL)
He can stick his apology up his ass

- - - Updated - - -

The fuck, can you just stop being a hopless loser for once? Even when we agree on the general idea you just manage to find a way to jump the shark to cringetown. How the hell is that OK?
Oh be quiet you miserable fart

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
Ramos and Varane are both technically gifted and are surely a lot better passers than Chiellini or Benatia.
You underestimate Chiellini's ability with the ball. While he's not a top passer (and he shouldn't be), he's still good with his feet. It's not uncommon to see Chiello dribble past some players and join the attack.

The point is, we don't need Bonucci. We did fine last season without him and we will be fine without him. Caldara is a potential WC defender, Bonucci would just make it more difficult for Calda to develop.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I care little for the improved footballing aspect in this case (whole heartedly would welcome back Pogba, Vidal etc). I just cant :sergio:

You go from this:

223650883-c86eb082-d505-4db9-90a0-e29f13cb5fd8.jpg

To this?

tumblr_ouvzm76Fgd1rcg6fwo4_250.gif

And you expect to be welcomed back?????

3B74.gif

8ae9d7217d48da7f8dea97be1f7a8b32.gif

UnluckyThunderousIndianrhinoceros-size_restricted.gif

200_d.gif

1525904932364.gif

giphy.gif

@Hustini @Dru @Fr3sh @Post Ironic @Bianconero_Aus @Whatever Serge's new fangirl name is

Unless its all being done for this? :weee:

0578-3449523-Mario_Mandzukic_poses_as_The_Joker_from_Batman_ahead_of_Champion-a-39_1455638206721.jpg

tumblr_nh3qfh7Yex1qjai0go1_250.gif
I mean in the name of the game I'd welcome son back

He fucked up

he was punished and served his time

and now he returns

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
You underestimate Chiellini's ability with the ball. While he's not a top passer (and he shouldn't be), he's still good with his feet. It's not uncommon to see Chiello dribble past some players and join the attack.

The point is, we don't need Bonucci. We did fine last season without him and we will be fine without him. Caldara is a potential WC defender, Bonucci would just make it more difficult for Calda to develop.
Exactly. The benefits of having Bonucci back are minuscule compared to the drawbacks on and off the pitch, especially from a long term perspective. Besides, I'd never do business with that scummy club.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Lol.

Benatia had a career before Juve, if you didn't know. He was superb at Roma, and mostly at Bayern. it took a while to find his feet at Juve, but when he did he was mostly solid. Again, I'm not a fan of Benatia, but he's a better defender than Bonucci and it's laughable to even debate.

Bonucci only started to look good when we began playing 3-5-2, so we could make use of his passing while not having to depend on him to defend.

I guess it's a coincidence he sucked at Milan. Or it's the rest of the team's fault?

But don't worry, I won't forget to mention you every time he proves me right this season :p
No defender would look good in the current Milan, which is why we're talking about his time in Juve. And he was superb next to chiellini in the four man backline aswell. He just needs an aggressive partner to flourish.

Benatia looked good at Roma, very bad at Bayern and overall meh at Juve.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 104)