Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 9, 2015
Only Buffon kept Bonucci at Juve
By Football Italia staff

Gianluigi Buffon was the only thing keeping Leonardo Bonucci at Juventus over the last few months ahead of his Milan move, claim reports.

The defender completed his €42m transfer to San Siro on Friday and is completing his final medical tests this morning.

It all seemed to take place in the space of 48 hours, but murmurs in the Italian media suggest the negotiations have been going on for two weeks.

The lack of response to Bonucci’s departure after seven years also highlighted the deep tension between the defender and his teammates.

Only one player openly saluted him on social media and it was Buffon.

“Teammates and travelling companions,” wrote the goalkeeper. “We travelled a piece of the same path together. A winning path.

“I wish you the best. But I will miss you…”

Bonucci replied, his only comment so far via social media.

“I will miss you too. Thank you for the victories we shared, the battles won and even those lost. We’ll see each other with the Nazionale.”

The centre-back bought a full-page ad in La Gazzetta dello Sport, in which he thanked the Club, fans, captain and teammates, but pointedly did not mention Coach Max Allegri.

According to reports, the infamous clash Bonucci had with Allegri during the Palermo game in February and his exclusion from the following Champions League match with Porto was a wound that never healed.

It’s suggested that only the intervention of Buffon managed to keep the peace to the end of the season, but that Bonucci wanted a way out.

Others maintain it was Allegri who gave a 'me or him’ ultimatum to the club.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We don't know how true any of this is, but if there is any truth in it then it's better to make a hard choice than let things fester.

Also Allegri said a couple of weeks ago that he considered quitting after the CL final, so it ties in with that.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
We don't know how true any of this is, but if there is any truth in it then it's better to make a hard choice than let things fester.

Also Allegri said a couple of weeks ago that he considered quitting after the CL final, so it ties in with that.
Time will tell whether if it's the correct decision or not.

I'd have rather lost Allegri over Bonucci :snoop:

Apr 9, 2015
Don't you think it's weird only Buffon said goodbye and Bonucci replied to him? The whole other squad didn't wish him succes by his new club. It was more than just a simple transfer. Problems looks real if nobody want to say you goodbye (on social media).

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010

Remember in February Gazzetta Dello Sport reported Allegri said it's either him or me? They also said one of them would leave in the summer. It is very obvious this is down to the coach not being able to handle Bonucci or the frictions in the team. We should admit that without making excuses. It's not the end of the world. Juve will be fine, our management have proven time and again to be solid. Allegri handles changes very well and is an excellent tactician. We will probably cruise to the Scudetto once again in April and perhaps we won't have a great Champions League campaign but we can't expect to reach the final every year.

I don't mind selling Bonucci. I think no player at this team is irreplaceable. The problem is that the management didn't show enough ballls. They could have either 1) gotten more money, 2) forced him abroad and cashed in even more. It was weak to sell to Milan. But what I don't like even more is that we sell players at the moment trouble starts. It's like we almost don't want to keep them and they moment they ask for a sale or anything similar we ship them out in three days. We spent two months signing Douglas Costa, we spent two months trying to sign Draxler but when we were selling Vidal and Bonucci it happened very fast. It won't be healthy if we are looking to win in Europe to sign a couple of good players and sell equally good players. We don't take one step forward, but we take one step to the side every summer.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Remember in February Gazzetta Dello Sport reported Allegri said it's either him or me? They also said one of them would leave in the summer. It is very obvious this is down to the coach not being able to handle Bonucci or the frictions in the team. We should admit that without making excuses. It's not the end of the world. Juve will be fine, our management have proven time and again to be solid. Allegri handles changes very well and is an excellent tactician. We will probably cruise to the Scudetto once again in April and perhaps we won't have a great Champions League campaign but we can't expect to reach the final every year.
That could be repaired but it's down to both personalities to accept it. If one doesn't want to then obviously the coach is going to be the guy winning this scenario, and rightly so. Once players start dictating club policy it's the end.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
That could be repaired but it's down to both personalities to accept it. If one doesn't want to then obviously the coach is going to be the guy winning this scenario, and rightly so. Once players start dictating club policy it's the end.
It's not the player's job to keep order, it's Allegri's job and the management. If they can't handle players like Bonucci we are in for some troubling years because we will sell cheap every time there is any problem. We have already let the player dictate club policy. Whenever someone asks to leave we pack his bags for him and sell him cheap.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
It's not the player's job to keep order, it's Allegri's job and the management. If they can't handle players like Bonucci we are in for some troubling years because we will sell cheap every time there is any problem. We have already let the player dictate club policy. Whenever someone asks to leave we pack his bags for him and sell him cheap.
It is if you're the one causing disorder.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #18,434
    Il Giornale has reported that Bonucci told his agent, Alessandro Lucci, to find him a new club as he doesn't want to continue working with Allegri.

No actual quotes, though, so the the article lightly.

Apr 29, 2006
    Funny thing will be if it was just Allegri - Bonucci beef. I mean players argue with each other, but given that this happens more often statistically its obviously easier to handle. Anyhow even if it was Allegri-BonBon do anyone think we can find a better coach? Supposed we decide to part with the coach and bring someone more authoritative - whom will that be and how could he handle BonBon?

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    I'm over this already. At the end of the day Bonucci took the biggest L, not us. He lost out on playing for one of the best teams in the world. We can handle losing him and keep winning. Him on the other hand will have to start rebuilding and probably lose way more than he's grown accustomed to.

YY11

Sep 9, 2011

I don't mind selling Bonucci. I think no player at this team is irreplaceable. The problem is that the management didn't show enough ballls. They could have either 1) gotten more money, 2) forced him abroad and cashed in even more. It was weak to sell to Milan. But what I don't like even more is that we sell players at the moment trouble starts. It's like we almost don't want to keep them and they moment they ask for a sale or anything similar we ship them out in three days. We spent two months signing Douglas Costa, we spent two months trying to sign Draxler but when we were selling Vidal and Bonucci it happened very fast. It won't be healthy if we are looking to win in Europe to sign a couple of good players and sell equally good players. We don't take one step forward, but we take one step to the side every summer.
    RESPECT :jj:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)