Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Am I the only one who has literally no concern with our defence provided that our team as a unit still maintains it's normal organization in front of the CBs?

We conceded like 2 goals when Bonucci didn't start for us. It's not like he was taking balls out of the net and stopping 1 on 1's all match.

He is good with the ball and he is good at anticipating. He will probably play the same role at Milan where Romagnoli and Mussachio man mark all match and he cleans up behind them. But if those two aren't up to the same standard as Chiellini-Barzagli, then watch out...
You're not alone, I'm not bothered at all. I liked Bonucci a lot as a character and the difference he brought with his style, how he worked his way up from clown to being a central figure. But we aren't talking about a great. He was as good as the players and team around him, he needs protection and then his game starts from there. His defending one on one definitely improved in the last couple of years but compared to general top defenders it is shoddy at best. He's a good defensive player, excellent playmaker, and big character. Big game character and player? I'm not sure he is.

The issue now drifts between Barzagli being another year older (and we saw the occasional slip in level last season), and the fitness of Rugani and Benatia. Bonucci was the first on the team sheet because he was always fit and played mostly at the same level, the others need to stay fit and in Rugani's case he needs a regular run. I think he'll relegate Benatia to a firm second choice eventually, I haven't been impressed with Benatia even if he has proven himself as a top Serie A defender with Roma. Injuries are putting a question mark against the tail end of his career, but he's the most natural Bonucci replacement straight away because he is the best footballing defender left there.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Don't you guys miss the adrenaline when Juve is properly challenged? The last seasons have been such a boredome. I miss seasons like 1998, 2003 or 2005, hell, even 2000. I even feel excited about Bonbon's transfer to Milan. I wish they and Inter buy more great players and we do the same. Then the fight can start.
Im on this boat too. Annoyed a little because of the magnitude of the betrayal, deep inside we all feel betrayed.

But to be honest this will be a good test to our resolution, as will no longer be fighting an aimless milan.. but a team with decent players all around.

In fact, we need to be extra cautious and take this seriously...because we are experiencing many changes and need to patch some holes still. On top of that we dont know what psychological impact this will jave on us. lets hope it will be positive with the troublemakers out.

Am I the only one who has literally no concern with our defence provided that our team as a unit still maintains it's normal organization in front of the CBs?

We conceded like 2 goals when Bonucci didn't start for us. It's not like he was taking balls out of the net and stopping 1 on 1's all match.

He is good with the ball and he is good at anticipating. He will probably play the same role at Milan where Romagnoli and Mussachio man mark all match and he cleans up behind them. But if those two aren't up to the same standard as Chiellini-Barzagli, then watch out...
:tup:

You don't say :D

The transfer fee is below market value but not as much as many here seem to think. Once a player gets into his 30s, clubs look at him with different eyes.
I'd say, you guys could have gotten anywhere between 50-60 mil for Bonucci elsewhere, but that would have been the max, imo.
All things considered, 40 mil isn't a bad deal at all for Juve.
Yup. We were in fact pushing above our weight in that regard. lets be honest.. the price is not ideal, but is not a tragedy.

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
Leonardo Bonucci won’t be the last Milan signing, as Lucas Biglia is on his way and there’s a reported push for Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata.

The Rossoneri and their new Chinese owners are unstoppable on the transfer market this summer, as Bonucci underwent his medical today ahead of a €40m plus €2m bonuses move from Juventus.

Biglia has left the Lazio training camp and is en route to Milan, where he is expected to arrive this evening and have fitness tests tomorrow morning.

According to Mediaset Premium, Bonucci is not just adding quality and prestige to the Rossoneri squad, but also acting as ambassador for another big move.

The centre-back is trying to convince Morata to accept a switch to San Siro as well, having worked together for two years at Juve.

Morata has limited playing time at Real Madrid, while Manchester United have already signed Romelu Lukaku and Chelsea appear to be targeting Borussia Dortmund hitman Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

The Chinese transfer market closed today, which means they both no longer face competition from those clubs for top stars.

Spain international Morata was named as first choice for Vincenzo Montella’s attack at the start of the summer and is now back in fashion.
Morata to Milan would hurt me more than Bonucci tbh.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Guys like Hydde and Alen saying how they are excited for the challenge and the rivals and how the season is going to go will probably be the first to ask Allegri sack if we dont win the league next season.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Guys like Hydde and Alen saying how they are excited for the challenge and the rivals and how the season is going to go will probably be the first to ask Allegri sack if we dont win the league next season.
Nah, i think allegri got this. I had my doubts in our 1st half of the season, but after looking how we played in the 2nd half, im pretty sure allegri got the idea on how we need to play. We need to give him the players and he will deliver.

And if i were u , i would think about having a better serie A. Theres no point in being a big fish on a small pond.

See, i dont wish to see our rivals beating us to a pulp, but lets be honest...we are fighting against teams who are a shadow of themselves. As nice as it is, the truth is the truth.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
After the calciopoli i will never root or hope some other serie a team improves or goes on to win the CL to "honour the italian flag".

We actually got to 2 CL finals partly "thanks to this weak ass league some suggest". With a tougher league it will be tougher to rotate between serie a and CL.

Another thing, we are still selling players/top players now, when we dominated the league and got to 2 CL finals. What happens if we dont win anything anymore? I could even see a scenario were we actually sell another major player next summer not for the sake of it but Buffon retires and we need replacement, im sure the management will not sign some nobody for Buffon replacement. So they might very well sell someone like Dybala next summer for big bucks. AND we arent going to reach CL final every year anyway. So less income.

Long term, i dont see any positive actually, Milan, potentially Inter with these sugar daddy asian money owners will actually weaken our chances long term. Just look at the fact how Bonucci DOUBLES his salary joining Milan. This shows a very obvious message out.

And in 1-2 years time our end of an era could actually become reality, i honestly think if we dont find proper replacement for Buffon we will have issues, Barzagli is getting old, Chiellini likewise, these are considered our leaders of this team. So was Bonucci, and then he flipped out. You need leaders for success.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)