• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Not saying it will end up that way

But we said the same things about our midfield after we lost Vidal and Pogba and now it's our weakest area in the team.

Rugani transitioning into a leader like Bonucci won't be easy at all. Our defense situation eerily reminds me of how we've mishandled our midfield situation and if we lose Sandro as well, it'll be tough for us to regain our old defensive standards. These things take time.
Surely you can see the defense situation is different to midfield though? Last season we had Rugani, Barzagli and Benatia as back up options. It's a far easier fix.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Some of the comment and tears :lol2:

We lost Tevez and I was pissed as hell. We sold Vidal, and we sold him for peantus, and I was pissed as hell. We lost Conte and I was pissed. We sold Pogba and I was kinda pissed but I knew he'd go away. I was pissed Morata left. Now when Bonucci is leaving I don't mind it one bit. Some people exaggerate and overrate the hell out of him just because he can pass the ball around. Yeah, he has gotten better over years, that's for sure. But seeing how some rate him as the best defender is nothing but laughable. Even when the summer mercato began I said I'd much rather keep Sandro and sell Bonucci if it's possible and it actually happened. CBs are much easier to replace and it won't even hurt much. I think it's quite silly how he's going to Milan after so years of Juve fans saying how he has Juve in his heart lmao. That's pathetic. If he had he never would join them, let alone be their captain. Plus, I see he's getting huge wages at Milan, stop saying how he's not moving for the money too, because if that was true, he'd ask for same or lower wages, not higher and captain armband. Not only that, but some people defend the move to Milan saying how it's his wifes fault :lol2: gimme a break. Milan has been shit for years, although I gotta admit they made some great moves this summer. Still, some of the moves were better than signing Bonucci. He had some good seasons here but move to Milan literally mean he wipped his Juve jersey with his ass. What Tanu is saying is disgusting and Bonucci looks like a real moron to have around so I'm even more glad we sold him. If anything, I'm sad we didn't sell him last year.

Some members set their standards a lot high. Some will defo cry if we don't reach CL final again and they will say how it's cause Bonucci left. It's BS as well, just like Leo's 'love' towards the club. So many teams spend over 100mln and reach lower stages years after. I still believe we'll be on the top and IMO much harder punch on us is how we have to replace 2 out of 4 defenders, and replacing Alves is a much tougher challange.

And of course Bonucci doesn't deserve legend section. If he's forced out that means he's doing shit there. And if he's doing shit there he doesn't deserve wearing our jersey. He can easily be replaced. It's Bonucci.
what? I believe the complete opposite is true, wide players and attackers can afford mistakes and miscommunication, CB's certainly can not, it's crucial to have a good bond and understanding between your CB's.
luckily for us we now play 2 CB's, because in a 3CB formation Bonucci would be really hard to replace. if we keep on playing 2 CB's I see no problems having Rugani, Barzagli, Chiellini and Benatia as our options. A 5th CB would be nice, but we'll survive, we can play Licht or something against minnows

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Some of the comment and tears :lol2:

We lost Tevez and I was pissed as hell. We sold Vidal, and we sold him for peantus, and I was pissed as hell. We lost Conte and I was pissed. We sold Pogba and I was kinda pissed but I knew he'd go away. I was pissed Morata left. Now when Bonucci is leaving I don't mind it one bit. Some people exaggerate and overrate the hell out of him just because he can pass the ball around. Yeah, he has gotten better over years, that's for sure. But seeing how some rate him as the best defender is nothing but laughable. Even when the summer mercato began I said I'd much rather keep Sandro and sell Bonucci if it's possible and it actually happened. CBs are much easier to replace and it won't even hurt much. I think it's quite silly how he's going to Milan after so years of Juve fans saying how he has Juve in his heart lmao. That's pathetic. If he had he never would join them, let alone be their captain. Plus, I see he's getting huge wages at Milan, stop saying how he's not moving for the money too, because if that was true, he'd ask for same or lower wages, not higher and captain armband. Not only that, but some people defend the move to Milan saying how it's his wifes fault :lol2: gimme a break. Milan has been shit for years, although I gotta admit they made some great moves this summer. Still, some of the moves were better than signing Bonucci. He had some good seasons here but move to Milan literally mean he wipped his Juve jersey with his ass. What Tanu is saying is disgusting and Bonucci looks like a real moron to have around so I'm even more glad we sold him. If anything, I'm sad we didn't sell him last year.

Some members set their standards a lot high. Some will defo cry if we don't reach CL final again and they will say how it's cause Bonucci left. It's BS as well, just like Leo's 'love' towards the club. So many teams spend over 100mln and reach lower stages years after. I still believe we'll be on the top and IMO much harder punch on us is how we have to replace 2 out of 4 defenders, and replacing Alves is a much tougher challange.

And of course Bonucci doesn't deserve legend section. If he's forced out that means he's doing shit there. And if he's doing shit there he doesn't deserve wearing our jersey. He can easily be replaced. It's Bonucci.
:howler: that's a nice ride you taking us on, of course no mention of your bias in this issue

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #17,545
    what? I believe the complete opposite is true, wide players and attackers can afford mistakes and miscommunication, CB's certainly can not, it's crucial to have a good bond and understanding between your CB's.
    luckily for us we now play 2 CB's, because in a 3CB formation Bonucci would be really hard to replace.
    I never said CBs are easy to find. But I for one thing LBs are waaaay harder to get your hands on. We've got the best one out there right after Marcelo.

:howler: that's a nice ride you taking us on, of course no mention of your bias in this issue
    I admit he has gotten better. People obviously forgot how shit he was for the first three years here, but I'm not blind to see the positive that came out from him -- which it did. However, it's so stupid to call him a leader, a future captain and one of the best defenders out there. He's not either of those.

--

Btw, we wanted Pepe here. I highly doubt we'll leave our defense as it is now, we'll probably try to sign someone who won't be our 5th player.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Yes.

Need to atleast compensate with a higher level signing in the other department. Say a Nainggolan level CM.
    I never said CBs are easy to find. But I for one thing LBs are waaaay harder to get your hands on. We've got the best one out there right after Marcelo.

I admit he has gotten better. People obviously forgot how shit he was for the first three years here, but I'm not blind to see the positive that came out from him -- which it did. However, it's so stupid to call him a leader, a future captain and one of the best defenders out there. He's not either of those.

--

Btw, we wanted Pepe here. I highly doubt we'll leave our defense as it is now, we'll probably try to sign someone who won't be our 5th player.
    We should use the cash to get a really good physical cm on top fo what we allocated previously.

We play a 3man defence. Barzagli, Chiellini, benatia, Rugani . We shouldnt spend a bazillion for a cb.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    Pepe was an opportunity, we all know how Marotta loves those. We have too many holes to plug - Bernardeschi, starting CM, starting RB, backup GK, we might not have the time/funds for another CB option. If we are fucked by injuries we still can go for a CB in Jan.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    And we have more perspective players on loan out there, at least promising players.
    Well yeah I forgot Caldara as well. Let's be realistic, we've probably got the future Italy central defensive partnership on our books. That future-proofing we have tried to apply to all areas. We tried it in midfield but Sturaro and Lemina were not up to scratch. Mandragora and Bentancur are our next bets.

That said watch us go and sign Manolas or Romagnoli now :lol:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
    Jun 1, 2012
    Surely you can see the defense situation is different to midfield though? Last season we had Rugani, Barzagli and Benatia as back up options. It's a far easier fix.
    Sure it is but Bonucci was the biggest 'guarantee' out of all defenders. He never missed a game.

We've lost him now and we're pinning hopes on a young starlet to take on the mantle and lead the backline and that's risky and as I said it won't be easy at all. It's like Real selling Ramos and hoping Varane turns out great. Despite Ramos' flaws, he's still the leader of their backline and important to the team.

Basically we're putting ourselves in a rebuild position yet again. This is why we won't win CL.

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
    Bonucci is one of my favorite players in the world in the last years, while Milan is the team I dislike the most. Yet I can swallow this deal with ease. Change is good for everybody in this case. It's becoming obvious that we can't fight alone for serie A and we need help. The pathetic state of the other Italian clubs is hurting us and the entire league on so many levels and it costs us hundreds of millions in sponsors and tv deals. Since they can't help themselves, I guess we need to help them in order to help ourselves too. If Bonucci and a scudetto or two need to be sacrificed for this greater cause, then so be it.

Agnelli in fact said that 8 days ago.

Andrea Agnelli insists his Juventus “have only just begun” and that the club “won’t backtrack” on bringing in more stars.

Juve have won six straight Scudetti since 2011, all of which came under Agnelli’s presidency, but a sense of pessimism has crept in after their 4-1 defeat to Real Madrid in the Champions League Final last month.

Nonetheless, the patron made it clear the Bianconeri would remain competitive, both on the pitch and in the transfer market.

“What’s been built in my first seven years is just the foundation for our future successes,” he told Tuttosport.

“My Juve have only just begun. The six Scudetti are a starting point.

“It’s not true that Serie A is just a little workout, but I hope that the Milan clubs can challenge us again.

“Will we sign more top players like Higuain? We won’t backtrack now.

“Losing in the Champions League Final? I’m sorry for Cardiff, but a season can’t be judged on 20 minutes.

“Nothing happened during half-time. I was present. Besides, there’s a way to overcome an obsession with the Champions League: winning it!”

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #17,556
    We should use the cash to get a really good physical cm on top fo what we allocated previously.

We play a 3man defence. Barzagli, Chiellini, benatia, Rugani . We shouldnt spend a bazillion for a cb.
    Sandro as a wing back? I.... don't know. I can't see it happening.

Links we're getting at the moment are expected. It's Manolas and De Vrij.

I still think we'll play 4 man defense. But like a said, our bullet this summer is a fact that we need to change 2 players in defense. It will take a lot of time to settle those. So prepare for a ride.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Sandro as a wing back? I.... don't know. I can't see it happening.

Links we're getting at the moment are expected. It's Manolas and De Vrij.

I still think we'll play 4 man defense. But like a said, our bullet this summer is a fact that we need to change 2 players in defense. It will take a lot of time to settle those. So prepare for a ride.
    i meant to type 2 man defence, sorry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 21, Guests: 490)