Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
The b2b role exists in a 4-3-3 anyway, Vidal would be absolutely fine.

As for Bonucci, I agree. He's stolen 3 years as a starter purely because we play 3 CBs at a time and if that's changing then it's only natural to sell him whilst he's still considered a starter for a major club instead of keeping him for a season as he gradually becomes less and less of a 'key' player only to see his age go up and his value decrease.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I would sell him for anything above 20m. And not because of his form or something, but because of simple calculation. In our team there are two players who have gained the most from formation we have been playing so far, I mean 352. And these players are Bonucci, who would have been rotting on the bench if Conte had decided to deploy 4-men back line last year, and Vidal, who can show all his upsides running back and forth from one box to another.

In case of switching into 433, I see Bonucci warming the bench again, as he is very good in the role of sweeper - last link in the 3-man defence. He is mistake prone defender, sometimes too shaky and unconcentrated, too passive to even have a chance to be rock solid in 4-man back line. He is really decent player, with a lot of relevant values, but I'm convinced that he was born and bred to carry out his assigments perfectly as a last link in 3-man defence. He won't be awful as a central defender in 433 for example, but there are much better and cheaper players than him on that position, in addition - available to buy for peanuts.

The same story when it comes to Vidal. If we would change our strategy to 424 or 4231 and he would be tied to defensive midfielder role, it doesn't make sense, as his traits predispose him to play only as box to box. It would be waste of human resources to force him play as a defensive midfielder for long period of time.
He would play almost the same role in 4-3-3. Arturo has taken more offensive duties in 3-5-2 and Marchisio has taken more defensive duties since why he has scored score less goals compared to 11-12.

oldlady87

May 13, 2012
The 27-year-old then commented on his future at Juventus and AntonioConte’s decision to stay on as Bianconeri boss.
“I’ll think more about Juve after the World Cup, but I think we’re all delighted that he’s decided to stay on.
“My future is very simple – I want to stay at Juve. When the club don’t want me, that’s when I’ll make new plans.
“But right now, my only thought is to stay with Juventus.”

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The 27-year-old then commented on his future at Juventus and AntonioConte’s decision to stay on as Bianconeri boss.
“I’ll think more about Juve after the World Cup, but I think we’re all delighted that he’s decided to stay on.
“My future is very simple – I want to stay at Juve. When the club don’t want me, that’s when I’ll make new plans.

:tuttosport:

JamalRice10

Mally Loves Nara!
Nov 25, 2005
David Luiz goes for 50 million and you guys want just 20 for Bonucci? Step your game up. Bidding starts at 40.
Shakes head... Good defenders are hard to find these days.

- - - Updated - - -

He would make a good sub... Also I would mind spending some money for Paletta ;)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
:agree: Finally someone with common sense. If that giant piece of dog shit David Luiz can command a 50 million Euro transfer fee, then anything less than 30 million for our own Bonbon is preposterous.
Well if these are the prices might as well ask 69 for Pepe. After all that one is a tactical secret to successful 433 :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Bonucci is a starter in a 3 consecutive Scudetto winning team. as we are not a selling club, we have no need to sell one of our starters. the only way is if someone is stupid enough and comes with a offer of 35M+ which is unlikely. so he will most likely stay...

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Pack and sell him for 12/15M.

This is not about his real value as a player (which I think is around that fee, regardless what bullshit fake transfers oil clubs do), but about "freeing" Conte to use and test different systems.

I just feel like he rates all 3 CBs at the same level of skill and importance, and will bench none of the 3 in the foreseeable future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 875)