Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
It's pointless comparing Bonucci to Hummels as whoever watches us play knows that our strong point is the group and everyone at the back compliments each other really well.

So yes, now I blame all of you for continuing with this stupid debate with that stupid monkey.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
It's pointless comparing Bonucci to Hummels as whoever watches us play knows that our strong point is the group and everyone at the back compliments each other really well.

So yes, now I blame all of you for continuing with this stupid debate with that stupid monkey.
Said the guy who is dating his own twin sister :rofl: she is a shemale, isn't it?! :lol2:

And yes it's pointless to compare central defenders between each other just because you said so :lol2:

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

Which is exactly the same with Bayern and Dortmund.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Juventino[RUS];4156727 said:
Said the guy who is dating his own twin sister :rofl: she is a shemale, isn't it?! :lol2:

And yes it's pointless to compare central defenders between each other just because you said so :lol2:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
When I watch Bonucci play, I can't say I'm always confident of his abilities. He just looks shaky at times, both with the ball and without. He's quite certainly the weakest link out of the back three.

Hopefully he improves or we invest in a better player, like Hummels.
I disagree. He controls the ball and pass even better than the back 5 and better than Barza at times when he has the ball. He wasn't as calm when Juve first signed him but with time he's becoming calmer and has the courage to advance with the ball up to the middle without complicating it.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He even dribbles past players as if it's nothing. Only the fans have their heart in their mouths at that moment :D
And he does that when he is the last man :D
I really hate when he does that.
And someone mentioned his passing being the best out of back 5. Well neither of them is great passer but Bonucci tends to misplace some crucial pass in every game in our own half. I can't say that I see that happening from our other defenders that frequently. I prefer when defenders of that quality use more simple solutions.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
His body type goes against him, in terms of perception. He is quite gangly and it doesn't make him look elegant. He does have strong technique for a defender, however.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
And someone mentioned his passing being the best out of back 5. Well neither of them is great passer but Bonucci tends to misplace some crucial pass in every game in our own half. I can't say that I see that happening from our other defenders that frequently. I prefer when defenders of that quality use more simple solutions.
If there's anyone from our back line who frequently misses some easy or crucial passes, it's Chiellini. Of course, he does tend to make up for it when it happens.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Juventino[RUS];4156727 said:

Too bad you're always banned when it matters.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
If there's anyone from our back line who frequently misses some easy or crucial passes, it's Chiellini. Of course, he does tend to make up for it when it happens.
He is an awful passer as well. And his right foot is basically nonexistent. It's very easy to shut him down. But his defensive qualities make up for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad you're always banned when it matters.
Why is he banned again?

Bianconero90

Aug 31, 2012
It's dangerous yeah, but I like his confidence while doing it. He never fucked it up until now :D

May 22, 2007
I don't know either, I thought you hadn't noticed his style.

As for the discussion, I've posted in other threads that I believe people ignore the mistakes Hummels makes too easily, while being very critical about Bonucci. Confirms what I think.

Sort of reminds me of people fawning over Kjær at every opportunity and ignoring clear flaws. Although obviously Hummels is far better than he has ever been.

Edit: I don't know if it sounds like I don't rate Hummels, but I do. He's in a similar position to Bonucci last year. He's still young for a centre back and can develop into a very good player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 10, Guests: 1055)