Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Yeah I wouldn't use that Spain game as a barometer to measure Bonucci's defending. That was an extremely tired and injury ravaged team playing against quite possibly the best international team in history. I think any team in Italy's place would have struggled. I also think most people forget Italy played with 10 men for basically half of the game.
Someone should make a compilation of his attempted 1 on 1 tackles, against most teams, strong or weak, would make for humorous viewing.

Did you see his attempted tackle on Oscar when he made a break? Completely took himself out of the game.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Someone should make a compilation of his attempted 1 on 1 tackles, against most teams, strong or weak, would make for humorous viewing.

Did you see his attempted tackle on Oscar when he made a break? Completely took himself out of the game.
That would have led to a goal 8 times out of 10.

Mar 9, 2006

You need a lot of games to watch cause he have only 0.8 tackles per game
Tackles per game
Vidal - 4.9
Chiellini - 3.2
Marchisio - 2.6
Asabob - 2.5
Pogba - 2.4
Barzagli - 2.3
Pirlo - 2.2
Lichsteiner - 1
Bonucci - 0.8 (10 in 12 games in Serie A)

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Juventino[RUS];3938630 said:
You need a lot of games to watch cause he have only 0.8 tackles per game
Tackles per game
Vidal - 4.9
Chiellini - 3.2
Marchisio - 2.6
Asabob - 2.5
Pogba - 2.4
Barzagli - 2.3
Pirlo - 2.2
Lichsteiner - 1
Bonucci - 0.8 (10 in 12 games in Serie A)
Wow what a stat.

Goes to show how many tackles he misses a game, and how much he depends on Chiellini and Barzagli.

He's only in there for his passing ability.

Mar 9, 2006
Wow what a stat.

Goes to show how many tackles he misses a game, and how much he depends on Chiellini and Barzagli.

He's only in there for his passing ability.
According to stats he is the weakest player in our defence but when i'm watching the game i can't agree with it
Tackles per game
Chiellini - 3.2, Barzagli - 2.3, Bonucci - 0.8
Interceptions per game
Chiellini 3.2, Barzagli - 2.8, Bonucci - 2.3
Offsides won per game
Bonucci - 0.8, Barzagli - 0.4, Chiellini - 0.3
Clearences per game
Chiellini - 7.7, Bonucci - 6.5, Barzagli - 5.6
Dribbled by other team
Bonucci - 0.9, Barzagli - 0.7, Chiellini - 0.3 (it's almost impossible to dribble past Giorgio)

Griciu

May 14, 2012
hey he may not be our greatest defender, at least we know that if some a**hole walked in on the pitch with a gun, we've got Bonucci there to kick him in the balls. :heart:

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Juventino[RUS];3938686 said:
According to stats he is the weakest player in our defence but when i'm watching the game i can't agree with it
Tackles per game
Chiellini - 3.2, Barzagli - 2.3, Bonucci - 0.8
Interceptions per game
Chiellini 3.2, Barzagli - 2.8, Bonucci - 2.3
Offsides won per game
Bonucci - 0.8, Barzagli - 0.4, Chiellini - 0.3
Clearences per game
Chiellini - 7.7, Bonucci - 6.5, Barzagli - 5.6
Dribbled by other team
Bonucci - 0.9, Barzagli - 0.7, Chiellini - 0.3 (it's almost impossible to dribble past Giorgio)
Bonucci is usually the last defender, you can see that he won the most offsides. Logically he wouldn't have to make too many tackles or interceptions if Chiellini or Barzagli are already cleaning things up and not letting anything past them. Tackles success rate or attempted dribble vs dribbled would be a better measure to compare the 3 defenders.

Nejc

May 13, 2006
IMO that is why Bonucci sucked cock last season before Juve started using 3-5-2. He is quite weak at tackling and was more exposed to 1-on-1 situations while defending when played in a four man defence. He was also under more pressure when in possession back when Juve was playing with four at the back which made him do some retarded passes to opponents attackers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)