Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
after a great performance in the previous match, his best of the seasn, he has returned to his standards...
Hopefully he learned smth from this match, Barzagli has performed a sliding tacke with outstanding grace and accuracy.
Who knows, maybe someday we will see Bonucci performing one as well...

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Honestly Bon has grown on me despite the shame I felt earlier seeing him wearing our jersey. His passes have been decisive for us and he is an essential part in our build ups. He has flaws in his defense, flaws I really hope that will be reduced as he gain experience. However, most of the yellows he has received so far this season has been tactical yellows when he had to clean up for someone else. But to become indespenseble to this team he really has to work on his mobility. It's fine that he's slow but he has to be faster in his turns. It's too easy now, just flick the ball a few decimeters away from his feet and keep on running. He is too immobile to recover space. He has although greately improved his error "pronebility" from past years.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Off with his head. Hands down the worst defender in the team, one of the worst In the league, when it comes down to pure defending.

His useless give away 20 secs in set the tone for the rest of the match.

His rooted to the spot attempted Rabonas are worse than watching an under 9's CB attempt a tackle. He always panics, jumps in, takes himself out of the game, and the opponent is away straight through in goal.

- - - Updated - - -

No no you can't blame the poor guy for that, the team was tired...
Haters gonna hate.

Forza Bonucci. The best defender for Italy at Euro 2012 and improving with every season.

May 22, 2007
Looked a lot like the defensively naïve Bonucci that just joined Juventus, and played a big part in letting the defensive shape being exposed on the break (by losing possession high up the pitch, poor passing and clutching his face for no reason at all).

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Like I said, he's not a reliable, traditional CB. I don't see how anyone can argue that. If you put him next to Chiellini and compare each facet of the game they are completely opposite.

I don't necessarily HATE him. I root for him and he's still young but I just don't see how he can become a top CB. He can't move laterally, he can't turn his hips, he has no straight line speed. He has no timing on challenges and he doesn't have that acceleration you see from Barza or Chiellini, like they're men possessed.

What can he do? He is comfortable on the ball, his long passing has improved and is useful, he is very strong in the air and his last ditch slide tackles are good. That's why he is playing as a sweeper.

Is he acceptable most of the time? Yes. Because of the way we play and for that reason only. But we have to be completely impregnable for Europe. You're only as good as your weakest link.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 347)