Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 7, 2003
Just keep the guy as a 3rd choice and let him fight for his spot. Selling him for half-his value would be stupid, loaning him doesn't make sense too, we need decent back-up's anyway..
but it would be a shame for his talent the guy needs playing time if he has to grow and he has the potential so just should sell him if he isnt good enough for us. fuck the money, the guy is a human and not a object, we are not allowed to destroy his future so that we dont waste money.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
but it would be a shame for his talent the guy needs playing time if he has to grow and he has the potential so just should sell him if he isnt good enough for us.
People keep talking about Bonucci's potential, but to be honest I just don't see it. Does he have some special attribute that, once polished, will make him a great defender? He's not particularly tall, strong or fast, he doesn't read the game well, he suffers in 1v1 situations, he's not good at passing and his touch isn't reliable.

Give him three years and yes, I'm sure he'll be better than he is now, but IMO, the CB position is way too important to gift to such a limited player while we wait for him to fulfill his questionable potential.

fuck the money, the guy is a human and not a object, we are not allowed to destroy his future so that we dont waste money.
I think you're exaggerating a bit here. It's not like we're selling him as a slave or something. Getting rid of him won't destroy his career; in fact it might improve it, if it turns out that Bonucci just isn't cut out to play for a big team.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
There were options out there, far better than Bonucci and no where near the huuuuuge fee we paid for him.
But we were insisting at buying Italians only.
name them ! you gotta have the names and the low fees for which they transfered to a club that did not even play in a european competition.

what great centre back changed his club for a club without international competition for below 12 m € ?

we are still unable to buy Stanton+Balotelli
so tell me how the great santon faired under mourinho or even better in his new club in england ! he must have had very good offers, if he ended up in newcastle and even there only having 5 appearences (3 of that for the "amateurs" reserve league).

just for your interest, he had only one season where he had more than 20 appearances in serie a... must be a hell of a player!

Jun 7, 2003
People keep talking about Bonucci's potential, but to be honest I just don't see it. Does he have some special attribute that, once polished, will make him a great defender? He's not particularly tall, strong or fast, he doesn't read the game well, he suffers in 1v1 situations, he's not good at passing and his touch isn't reliable.

Give him three years and yes, I'm sure he'll be better than he is now, but IMO, the CB position is way too important to gift to such a limited player while we wait for him to fulfill his questionable potential.

I think you're exaggerating a bit here. It's not like we're selling him as a slave or something. Getting rid of him won't destroy his career; in fact it might improve it, if it turns out that Bonucci just isn't cut out to play for a big team.
u didnt get what i meant. in my opinion we should sell him if he isnt good enough for us, i meant we cant keep him as a backup. nobody would profit from this he wouldnt grow with no playing time and if he plays he would play like napoli. so if we dont sell him let him play and dont bash him all the time.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I don't know if he's a great defender, but Thiago Silva came to Milan in 2009 when they didn't play CL and he was bought for 10m €.
we bought jürgen kohler for 7.500.000 € in 1991...

so will we now count all defenders that sometime before the time we bought bonucci were bought for less money ? how would we have signed tiago silva at the time we were in the market for bonucci ? would we have bought a time machine and snatched tiago silva before the hands of milan ?

cronios said there were better alternatives at the time we bought bonucci and tiago silva changed clubs a year before, so he is not to be taken into the equation (since he already joined milan by that time)...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
name them ! you gotta have the names and the low fees for which they transfered to a club that did not even play in a european competition.

what great centre back changed his club for a club without international competition for below 12 m € ?

so tell me how the great santon faired under mourinho or even better in his new club in england ! he must have had very good offers, if he ended up in newcastle and even there only having 5 appearences (3 of that for the "amateurs" reserve league).

just for your interest, he had only one season where he had more than 20 appearances in serie a... must be a hell of a player!
What 12 mil are you talking about, we gave 15.5 cash+player deals in very reduced prices to make this transfer happen.
With the total fee of +20mil we gave away, we could have bought any player we wanted.
Bonucci never in his carrier showed not even a mere 15.5 mil promise to justify such an investment.
A world wide search for a CB, when you have available 15-20 should bring hundreds of results, players at least at Mexes level, Alexes, Lugano could be loaned for free with decent fees to buy, Sakho,Rami level could be bought with half of that money. Have your pick, most of the quality defenders, you acknowledge as great ones, apart from the ones who are already owned from the 10 wealthiest clubs, can be bought with such a sum.

Defenders happen to be the least expensive transfers. The fee we paid should have brought some credentials, other than young and Italian...
Not even the far better Ranocchia was worthy of that cash.
But as it became obvious from the Ital-Juve project, we were never interested at investing to a non Italian.
Even when the NT had no better options than Criscito, Santon and Balzaretti.
Same goes for the LM, despite facing the same situation there (Ballo+Giovinco)

Despite the obvious lack of talents, we refused to turn our gaze abroad and invested every last penny on a new no one, just because he was Italian...

As for Santon, its the best option Italy has, i just mentioned him for that reason.
He is beyond reach for the known reasons, therefore we should look abroad, as the other options (Criscito, Grosso, Balzaretti, DC) are already wasted.
My point is, if these are the best Italy can do atm, we should just make an exception and look abroad for a change...
Just like the Milano based clubs did, at least with half of our defense.

We already made a step with Licht, why not buy a foreign LB or CB since Italy lacks options atm?

Why should we insist with the likes Molinaro, Grosso, Mota, Legro, Bonucci etc?
Just because they are Italian?? Surely they could be the best Italians, but why should we limit our selves so low, if Italy cant do anything better than that?
Thats what i m questioning, our nationalistic favorism, not the natural need to have a team consists of Italians mostly.
In other positions Italy may provide enough talents at a competitive level, we should not suffer a weakling, just because Italy cant do anything better.

Project Juve is still a priority, Maotta was hired for that purpose, already the majority of the foreigners were thrown off the team and our team consists at 80% of foreigners, we already have the highest concentration of NT players and best Italian/foreigner ratio.
Thats enough to please our nationalism pride, we should just not go that far, we can live with a couple of non Italian defenders.
(and only because Italian options suck atm)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 71)