Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Bonucci is one of the worst I've seen on "one on one". If the player is running at him with the ball, you can be sure that it's either a foul in dangerous position or the opponent will be the winner of the duel.
Without fixing such an important aspect of defender's game, he won't be a top CB.

P.S: Of course, if we do create a team that defends so well that it won't allow players to freely run at CBs (in counters, for example) than Bonucci's handicap will be masked, but right now we're far from creating such a team.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Bonucci is one of the worst I've seen on "one on one". If the player is running at him with the ball, you can be sure that it's either a foul in dangerous position or the opponent will be the winner of the duel.
Without fixing such an important aspect of defender's game, he won't be a top CB.
:agree:

He gets too square to the man, so he has no choice but to make a challnege immediately whether it is appropriate or not.

He needs to be turned side on to the man running at him, so as to give himself a chance of being able to run with the player.

It's really basic stuff.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He had a very good game against Fiorentina and then seemed to take the fall for the Catania comeback. He can't take the fall for this one, it's clear there are bigger problems.

Agree with Alen, his body positioning is often wrong. It's also not helped that he is indecisive, being a slower defender if you let the opponent run at you and knock the ball past you might as well be a statue because you can't do anything.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

P.S: Of course, if we do create a team that defends so well that it won't allow players to freely run at CBs (in counters, for example) than Bonucci's handicap will be masked, but right now we're far from creating such a team.
That's why I've been saying Bonucci would be a disaster on the right of a three-man defense, but nobody listened and still wrote his name in there for Mazzarri.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
One would think we've just won the league title with all these smiley faces :pado:
This is their annual Calciopoli celebration. :agree:
And can you blame them? Giorgio apart, if it wasn't for Calciopoli all these guys would have played for 500k a year in Cagliari, Udinese, Bologna, Genoa, Bari and the likes, instead of earning millions in Juventus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 10, Guests: 1076)