Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Why Chiellini didn't look like a fail in the pre-Conte era though? We sure as hell didn't have a good defense when we finished 7th twice, yet it was clear as day that the guy is a WC defender. Capello is a dick and I'll never forgive him for ruining 2 years of Del Piero's career, but he's right about Bonucci being a joke for Milan, that's not how good, let alone WC defender players regardless of the situation.
you realize that we had Chiellini, Barzagli and Bonucci for 16 games in 10/11 and conceded 20 goals in those 16 games, the same amount we conceded the whole following season with Conte in charge, and that same personnel

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Why Chiellini didn't look like a fail in the pre-Conte era though? We sure as hell didn't have a good defense when we finished 7th twice, yet it was clear as day that the guy is a WC defender. Capello is a dick and I'll never forgive him for ruining 2 years of Del Piero's career, but he's right about Bonucci being a joke for Milan, that's not how good, let alone WC defender players regardless of the situation.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

you realize that we had Chiellini, Barzagli and Bonucci for 16 games in 10/11 and conceded 20 goals in those 16 games, the same amount we conceded the whole following season with Conte in charge, and that same personnel
Goes back to tactics being drilled and rehearsed over and over again.

Same as this season. Many changes it took a while but now you see the organizational effort and the fruits of it.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Why Chiellini didn't look like a fail in the pre-Conte era though?
Yep, even some time with Conte, look up this thread after we draw Genoa 2-2 at home.
Don't want to write a long-ass post, man.
The problem with Bonbon is that he played his best football with us on a fantastic level as a crucial cog in a great organized team. For some reason, people thought that if you add a tablespoon of honey to a bowl full of shit, you will get at least something in between. Surprisingly you still end up with a bowl of shit.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yep, even some time with Conte, look up this thread after we draw Genoa 2-2 at home.
The problem with Bonbon is that he played his best football with us on a fantastic level as a crucial cog in a great organized team. For some reason, people thought that if you add a tablespoon of honey to a bowl full of shit, you will get at least something in between. Surprisingly you still end up with a bowl of shit.
::lol3:::baus:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I'm talking looking like a fail overall not after one incident/game or another, Chiellini never had the half season Bonucci just had at Milan no matter how bad our team/coach was.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
I'm talking looking like a fail overall not after one incident/game or another, Chiellini never had the half season Bonucci just had at Milan no matter how bad our team/coach was.
Come on, man. The only way why Chiello got more or less a free pass when we were shit, it's because he was a hope. We already knew the level of fucking Boumsong, Knezevic, Standardo (not Mellberg though, Olof is love :touched:). Do you remember him as LB? Lol, that was fun.

Bonbon gets a lot of flack and rightfully so, but only because he was great here. Nobody talks about how shit Romagnoli or Abate is. Or how suddenly overrated everyone's darling Rodriguez is.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Come on, man. The only way why Chiello got more or less a free pass when we were shit, it's because he was a hope. We already knew the level of fucking Boumsong, Knezevic, Standardo (not Mellberg though, Olaf is love :touched:). Do you remember him as LB? Lol, that was fun.

Bonbon gets a lot of flack and rightfully so, but only because he was great here. Nobody talks about how shit Romagnoli or Abate is. Or how suddenly overrated everyone's darling Rodriguez is.
BonBon also starts for Azzurri and will likely be the new captain only because he was great at Juve, he wouldn't even be called up otherwise. And I stand by my Chiellini statement, he's twice the defender and ten times the man Bonucci is.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Bonucci seems to mentally break down that’s been an issue for me. Going gets tough, Chiellini turns into the hulk. Pure old school defender for me. Bonucci was great here and when the team works to his strengths he is a great asset. Not so much when you aren’t surrounded by world class players where everything looks easy.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
He was far too unstable at Juve and his relations with Allegri had probably passed the point where he no longer respected Allegri enough to not blow out at him

Best decision to move him on for both parties

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
He was far too unstable at Juve and his relations with Allegri had probably passed the point where he no longer respected Allegri enough to not blow out at him

Best decision to move him on for both parties
moggi said about this transfer that it'll benefit neither of the parties involved: neither of juve, milan and the player will be content with it. look at milan and bonucci, moggi was right about them.

juve is doing fine so far, though :beppe2:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
:lol2:

Apr 19, 2007
Bonucci isnt a good indivisual defender so he is always going to struggle when challenged on his own. Even at Juve. Chiellini is a great individual defender and would be a rock in any defence out there. Hes that type of player. While I have always thought he was our best defender Bonucci being good in a bad defense isnt something he can thrive at. He needs good players around him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)