Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 13, 2010
Bonucci agent confirms Zenit talks
Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci is “in negotiations with Zenit and the move could be completed within days,” said his agent.

There had been reports that the Bianconeri were looking to sell Bonucci this summer following some disappointing performances.

“There is nothing new right now,” agent Davide Torchia told Sportitalia.

“We are in negotiations with Zenit, but there’s no need to sprint. The move could be completed within days.

“At the moment, however, it’s all in stand-by.”

Bonucci would join Italian Coach Luciano Spalletti, midfielder Alessandro Rosina and fellow defender Mimmo Criscito in St Petersburg.

Meanwhile, Juventus have officially sold Sergio Almiron to Catania. The Argentine midfielder signed a three-year contract.

F-I

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
great move. if this goes through ill be a happy man. This guy is overrated and did some awful defending since here, plus we overpaid. I hope were getting good money from zenit if we do and replace him with bruno, i might just change my views about marottas mercato. We wont regret this move, his fail written over him in zenit, as to few years from now he will be bought back to italy by udinese and palermo after which he will start showing good signs of a good defender. Here though he aint cut up to do well, we dont need a defender like him, we aint gonna pasture this guy as his too expensive to loan out. id rather bring someone proven with better quality to help us get 3rd spot. Bruno is the quick fix. getting both him and lugano will dramtically improve defense. if im right bruno can and has played as right back during his porto days so we good good cover all round, by signing both him and lugano. Another LW and marotta will be my best friend.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
He will get better with time.
I agree - he needs to learn from more experienced players - bring a player like Alex in and keep Bonucci as backup - he's got more ball skills than Chiellini but less defending skills than Krasic at times, though I think he can improve substantially

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
I agree - he needs to learn from more experienced players - bring a player like Alex in and keep Bonucci as backup - he's got more ball skills than Chiellini but less defending skills than Krasic at times, though I think he can improve substantially
It would be too big luxury to keep him as a backup. I'm sure he has not bad salary.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
bonucci is damaged goods, i dont see how he can turn it around and become the CB we want him to be
He has some ability, but his confidence is so low just now that I can't see him turning it around any time soon.

Therefore, Juve need to ditch him now, when he still has some value, or decide he is to be kept long term and hope he can rediscover some form.

Juve seem to be taking the safer option.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I'll be very surprised if I see him leave. Always thought we'd keep him and hope for him to improve his game, considering he plays for the national team as well.

Overall, it would be a good decision to sell him. Not so sure Bruno Alves is the right replacement though.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He has some ability, but his confidence is so low just now that I can't see him turning it around any time soon.

Therefore, Juve need to ditch him now, when he still has some value, or decide he is to be kept long term and hope he can rediscover some form.

Juve seem to be taking the safer option.
You could see that in pre season, he was playing going through the motions. I think he could be a good enough player in a team that doesn't allow their central defenders to be constantly isolated, but it's probably better he goes now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 79)