5 Marquinhos $ 27.5 Million
6 Alessndro NESTA $ 27 Million
7 Fabio Coentrao $ 26.5 Million
8 David Luiz $ 26.5 Million
9 PEPE $ 28.5 Million
10 Ricardo Carvalho $ 26.5 Million

- - - Updated - - -

Zacheryah :in the modern game a defender is rated on the goals he scores :D
I am sure he would still take Nesta over 4-5 Luiz goals per season.

Probably of all time
Thank you and I agree.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Man City €45m rejected for Bonucci
By Football Italia staff

Pep Guardiola said Leonardo Bonucci was one of the best defenders in the world and Juventus reportedly reject a €45m Manchester City offer.
The centre-back proved his mettle once more during Euro 2016, converting a penalty in Italy’s 1-1 draw with Germany and starting moves from the back with Andrea Pirlo-style passes.
According to Sky Sport Italia and Tuttosport, Manchester City offered €45m (approximately £38m) for the 29-year-old defender and wages worth €7m per year.
However, Guardiola was told in no uncertain terms to forget about Bonucci.
He is considered a key figure in the Juventus squad and is under contract until June 2020.
Guardiola already praised Bonucci in a Press conference earlier this year, calling him one of the best defenders in the world.
Naturally, Chelsea were also linked with him for a potential reunion with ex-Italy Coach Antonio Conte.
Two billion $Cr, must be tempting.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
I can't believe the evolution of Leo. When we signed him from Bari he was so shaky and few considered it a good deal even. Now, he's by far the best defender in Italy and only Barzagli comes close. In terms of abilities to play in a modern role playing through passes and all, he's probably up there as the worlds best. It's incredible really - I remember so many complaining we didn't sign Ranocchia instead :lol:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Defending is different now, you'll see more Bonucci's, Hummel's and the rest, Nesta and Cannavaro are of a bygone era. I still remember how exciting it was to see us linked to either, and that was when we already had defenders like Montero and Ferrara.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Just las week my Lazio supporting friends were telling me juve will sell for if they get an offer of €35 million.

I just had to laugh at them in the watsapp group when i seen we rejected €45 million haha

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Just las week my Lazio supporting friends were telling me juve will sell for if they get an offer of €35 million.

I just had to laugh at them in the watsapp group when i seen we rejected €45 million haha
We're not a selling club like them. Go and bet for how much Keita will move on for this summer. I believe less then €25m.
Or how much Barca, PSG or United will need to land Anderson.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
We're not a selling club like them. Go and bet for how much Keita will move on for this summer. I believe less then €25m.
Or how much Barca, PSG or United will need to land Anderson.
Na ill be the bigger man here and just brush it all off. It already felt good proving them wrong when just a few days ago they told me "you know nothing about football"

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Juve rejected a 45m offer (that
reaches up to 60m with bonuses)
from Man City for Bonucci. The
player also wants to stay at Juve.
#SkyItalia

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I can't believe the evolution of Leo. When we signed him from Bari he was so shaky and few considered it a good deal even. Now, he's by far the best defender in Italy and only Barzagli comes close. In terms of abilities to play in a modern role playing through passes and all, he's probably up there as the worlds best. It's incredible really - I remember so many complaining we didn't sign Ranocchia instead :lol:
+rep Good post. Ranocchia was actually more impressive than Bonucci at Bari. Turned out to be just solid, though. Or he went to a wrong club? :p So, kudos to :beppe: and our scouts. Btw, Bonucci can still be shaky at times. I wouldn't call him the best defender in Italy though. Imo, that is Barzagli. Never thought I'd say there is a better Italian defender than Chiellini. :D

- - - Updated - - -

I love and adore our CB's but Nesta and Cannavaro at their peak were a World Class defenders that nowadays doesn't exist.
:agree:

- - - Updated - - -

what if we getting benatia to sell bonucci :scared:
Yeah, right. Bonucci is already a club legend imo and he will retire here.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Defending is different now, you'll see more Bonucci's, Hummel's and the rest, Nesta and Cannavaro are of a bygone era. I still remember how exciting it was to see us linked to either, and that was when we already had defenders like Montero and Ferrara.
Us not signing Nesta nor my 2nd choice Canna in that faithful summer 15 years ago was one of the worst summers for me as a Juventino. Especially Nesta, imagine that guy a decade in our shirt, Scierea level legend.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Us not signing Nesta nor my 2nd choice Canna in that faithful summer 15 years ago was one of the worst summers for me as a Juventino. Especially Nesta, imagine that guy a decade in our shirt, Scierea level legend.
But we got Gigi, Nedved and Lilian that summer. :touched:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If you take out Bonucci´s long passes , he is a normal dude.

He got nothing on the tackling, athletism or anticipation abilitites Nesta , Cannavaro and Maldini had. But yes he is better than those 3 at playing regista for sure.

What is incredible about Bonucci is how much he shaked that error prone nature he had. He was really really bad in his first years as a juventus player...he was terrible.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
If you take out Bonucci´s long passes , he is a normal dude.

He got nothing on the tackling, athletism or anticipation abilitites Nesta , Cannavaro and Maldini had. But yes he is better than those 3 at playing regista for sure.

What is incredible about Bonucci is how much he shaked that error prone nature he had. He was really really bad in his first years as a juventus player...he was terrible.
Our defense is great as a unit. Chiellini is our greatest warrior, Barzagli has the usual precision of the great Italian CBs and Bonucci is overall very good at defending and the brave leader of our link up play with the midfield and attack. Separated and put in a weaker team, they'll probably not shine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)