Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 24, 2012
Things are pretty grim anyway on the left flank, but I'd go with Peluso. You can't evaluate him based on two matches only, and De Ceglie has cost us one goal in each of the last two matches.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
But it's such a shame we spent 45M on him. Could have signed Sampirisi, Andreolli, Gastaldello and Manfredini with that money :(
We could have signed a player of
Juventus class, not someone who would reach that class in 4-5 years...and the mean time suffer from all those brainfarts Bonucci did and still does, in order to reach there...
Avergae teams train noobs in order to sell them when they are ready to compeititve teams!

We paid a premioum for a talent, only because of his nationality and not because of his actual value.
Lucky we realised that the ItalJuve project was a failure and got Vidal, Licht, Vucinic, Caceres, Pogbs, Asamoah, Llorente etc Now we just need a top class CB and we are set, one of the ones the current crop of Italians cannot provide!

Juve Fanatico

Aug 20, 2010
Juventus class, not someone who would reach that class in 4-5 years...and the mean time suffer from all those brainfarts Bonucci did and still does, in order to reach there...
Avergae teams train noobs in order to sell them when they are ready to compeititve teams!

We paid a premioum for a talent, only because of his nationality and not because of his actual value.
Lucky we realised that the ItalJuve project was a failure and got Vidal, Licht, Vucinic, Caceres, Pogbs, Asamoah, Llorente etc Now we just need a top class CB and we are set, one of the ones the current crop of Italians cannot provide!
I agree.

I mean 54M is a huge amount. It was a great risk but thankfully it paid off.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

Barzagli... oh wait, he's Italian, and everyone knows there's no such thing as top class Italian CB.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
more or less 15,5mil cash plus great discounts in a couple of players, esp losing Criscito was a strategical mistake, one we still pay as we have yet to find a proper LB...and we have wasted many millions to Molinaros, Grossos and Pelusos since then...
With those sacrifices we could have bought a player ready to offer premium services right away, but the investment was too great to consider him a sub, or a talent and loan him away until he becomes of age (CBs peak at 28-34)
We dont really invest much on the defence and ever since we only get cheap/free CB options. Lucky us Barza gamble paid out!

It is debatable how much all these sacrifices cost to us, in performance and titles, but considering the cash and the previous transfer values of Criscito and Almiron, the discounts we made were roughlty calculated at +5mil+15,5mil = cash +20mil.
That, without considering what we lost in points from Bonuccis mistakes and how many more millions we had to waste in addition and what other compromises we made, for the wing backs...

Thankfully, the ItalJuve days are over now and Bonucci will soon become of age, even Legro was good at the right age, Bonucci being much better, will become a solid option there, lately he has even started to perform tackles!

As F.Cannavaro says in my sig, this generation of Italian defenders were kind of crappy, they all wanted to become fancy dribblers i guess...this is the galactico and Barca effect on youth...

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
more or less 15,5mil cash plus great discounts in a couple of players, esp losing Criscito was a strategical mistake, one we still pay as we have yet to find a proper LB...and we have wasted many millions to Molinaros, Grossos and Pelusos since then...
With those sacrifices we could have bought a player ready to offer premium services right away, but the investment was too great to consider him a sub, or a talent and loan him away until he becomes of age (CBs peak at 28-34)
We dont really invest much on the defence and ever since we only get cheap/free CB options. Lucky us Barza gamble paid out!

It is debatable how much all these sacrifices cost to us, in performance and titles, but considering the cash and the previous transfer values of Criscito and Almiron, the discounts we made were roughlty calculated at +5mil+15,5mil cash +20mil.
That, without considering what we lost in points from Bonuccis mistakes and how many more millions we had to waste in addition and what other compromises we made, for the wing backs...

Thankfully, the ItalJuve days are over now and Bonucci will soon become of age, even Legro was good at the right age, Bonucci being much better, will become a solid option there, lately he has even started to perform tackles!

As F.Cannavaro says in my sig, this generation of Italian defenders were kind of crappy, they all wanted to become fancy dribblers i guess...this is the galactico and Barca effect on youth...
So 40.5mil (not counting the millions he cost us in points) That's a fuck lot of money down the draink. Damn, could have easily signed aguero for that kind of money. And i agree letting go criscito was he worst.

Though i dont get what you mean by the compromises we made to ournwongs because of bonucci. Can you explain what you mean by that.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
15+5=40?:howler:
+20mil and losing Criscito for someone not ready to step in the first eleven was bad enough, no need to dramatise it further.
no other team would waste the amount we do, on the players we do...

The compromises:
-settle with Bonucci as a starter, when he was obviously in no condition for that, lose points from the proccess of training him.
-Accept to lose Criscito, both as an option and as an asset that could produce more money, or be used as a bargain chip to attract a great player.
-Forced to use weaklings like Molinaro, Grosso, Zeglier, Peluso and suffer nearly a decade to find a permanent fix there, we are still suffering from it and still bleeding millions and defensive solidarity until we fix it. IMO if we were keeping Moggi's boys (Balzaretti and Criscito) we would have saved a great load of money and avoid the horrible performances of Molinaro and Grosso!
-Be forced to use Chiellini permanently as a CB and lose him as a LB alternative.
-Be force to use a 3man defense.
-Be forced to use very defensive schemes in the midfield to cover up for lack of defensive solidarity, esp in the pre-Conte period.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
What do you think about Italy's defence in Euro 2000, 3 man defence because the defenders then were kind of crappy?

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
15+5=40?:howler:
+20mil and losing Criscito for someone not ready to step in the first eleven was bad enough, no need to dramatise it further.
no other team would waste the amount we do, on the players we do...

The compromises:
-settle with Bonucci as a starter, when he was obviously in no condition for that, lose points from the proccess of training him.
-Accept to lose Criscito, both as an option and as an asset that could produce more money, or be used as a bargain chip to attract a great player.
-Forced to use weaklings like Molinaro, Grosso, Zeglier, Peluso and suffer nearly a decade to find a permanent fix there, we are still suffering from it and still bleeding millions and defensive solidarity until we fix it. IMO if we were keeping Moggi's boys (Balzaretti and Criscito) we would have saved a great load of money and avoid the horrible performances of Molinaro and Grosso!
-Be forced to use Chiellini permanently as a CB and lose him as a LB alternative.
-Be force to use a 3man defense.
-Be forced to use very defensive schemes in the midfield to cover up for lack of defensive solidarity, esp in the pre-Conte period.
You said 15+5+20. Why laughing at me? You confusing me now. Are you trolling me?

Anyways wonder how much it would costnus if we had actually jsut co ownee him and let him learn at genoa for a few years. What do you think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 50)