Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Bonucci will be badly missed, he has been one of our best player since the 2nd half of last season. I would rather we line up like this until he is back:

.........................Gigi............................

......Licht.......Marrone........Barzagli.......

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
will be a big absence in 2 difficult games...think we should switch to 4-3-3 for the next 2 league games.

Licht - Barza - Caceres - DC

Giacci - Matri - Mirko up front.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Why a 4-man defence?
3 man requires a sweeper. But our only backup sweeper is Marrone who will end up playing with Caceres.

I don't like that combination, quite frankly. I think they will obviously lack chemistry but also marking and aerial ability is suspect with both of them.

I also like a 4 man defence better without Bonucci. I think Caceres is better as a CB because if we want to play aggressive, our fullbacks will be up the field and I think Caceres has more range and 1 on 1 ability needed in case of counters.

I would still be scared that our possession would drop without a 5 man midfield and we'd have to actually defend instead of just winning the ball back with ease like we do in the 3-5-2.

I think we'd be weaker in possession and we'd give up more shots but they'd potentially be less devastating then with a Barza-Marrone-Caceres backline.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
3 man requires a sweeper. But our only backup sweeper is Marrone who will end up playing with Caceres.

I don't like that combination, quite frankly. I think they will obviously lack chemistry but also marking and aerial ability is suspect with both of them.

I also like a 4 man defence better without Bonucci. I think Caceres is better as a CB because if we want to play aggressive, our fullbacks will be up the field and I think Caceres has more range and 1 on 1 ability needed in case of counters.

I would still be scared that our possession would drop without a 5 man midfield and we'd have to actually defend instead of just winning the ball back with ease like we do in the 3-5-2.

I think we'd be weaker in possession and we'd give up more shots but they'd potentially be less devastating then with a Barza-Marrone-Caceres backline.
But Conte says the 4-3-3 cannot be played without Pepe.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
But Conte says the 4-3-3 cannot be played without Pepe.
Who says a 4 man backline = 4-3-3?

Anyways, I don't really trust any of our "wingers" to put in the work needed to play the formation properly and I agree with Conte that Pepe is important for the formation.

But when you lose your top man marking CB and your sweeper, it's hard to justify a 3-5-2. Perhaps if you gave Conte a choice between the two while adding that the best parts of the 3-5-2 would be hurt, he would have a different answer. Perhaps he was talking about the current situation back then where everyone wass healthy except Pepe.

Like in everything in life, context and circumstances are important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 150)

• Ali