Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Bonucci is prone to the odd brainfart now and then but he's still developing. Surely, though, we can all agree that he chose the wrong option there and basically put the guy onside. That being said, these things happen during the course of a match - it was a well taken goal too.

He doesn't deserve all the hate but I've come to realise this forum is filled with intellectual and mental midgets that exist only in the extremes of opinion and emotion.

The problem is if Juve can afford to wait for him to develop, he's a starter and not some youngster who feature only when we are winning or play easy games.
IMHO, Bonnucci lacks the concentration and he's just too soft to be a great defender one day. Like i said before an upgrade is definetely a possibility that we should look into.
He may be good for Serie A, but i wouldn't trust him in the CL against Europe powerhouses.

Buy on AliExpress.com

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
The problem is if Juve can afford to wait for him to develop, he's a starter and not some youngster who feature only when we are winning or play easy games.
IMHO, Bonnucci lacks the concentration and he's just too soft to be a great defender one day. Like i said before an upgrade is definetely a possibility that we should look into.
He may be good for Serie A, but i wouldn't trust him in the CL against Europe powerhouses.
Thank YOU!

mondo1

May 14, 2006
He had like 3-4 small mistakes Last game... But as a defender those can be crucial and everybody is on your back... While marchisio may had overall more mistakes People come fapping around how great his shot was etc but still he missend it

Don't get me wrong i am no bonucci Fan but the bash he gets is ridiculous while other players (marchisio) get so much praise for no better performances in their position

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
The problem is if Juve can afford to wait for him to develop
I certainly wouldn't mind some other top CB to take his place for some crunch matches but - the market and economy being what it is and our other priorities taken into account - I think it's fair to say that we should keep the faith in him for the time being. As a starter.

Aug 1, 2003
His pros outweighs the cons. Of course there are better defenders than him out there. But he is good enough, and is the least of our problems at the moment. People look at his mistakes and blame him, some of which deserves to be scrutinized, but it does get annoying when he gets magnified heat for a mistake than, say, what Chiellini would face. If Chiello made that mistake but still had a good showing trust me people would just brush it off, why can't the same be applied to Bonucci.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
He had like 3-4 small mistakes Last game... But as a defender those can be crucial and everybody is on your back... While marchisio may had overall more mistakes People come fapping around how great his shot was etc but still he missend it

Don't get me wrong i am no bonucci Fan but the bash he gets is ridiculous while other players (marchisio) get so much praise for no better performances in their position
Did people miss this gem?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Bonucci, this season (so far) is with consistency our worst performer (again).
The most common issue for conceding goals from mistakes.
A liability, a destabilising factor, the most faulty piece in our mechanism, the component that draw us back the most.
I dont think that anyone hate him personally, merely the fact that such a weak player is our starter.

We hate his poor performances, his inabilities (ex he is a CB that cannot perform a sliding tackle) and the fact that he is a liability.

It is true that he is improving, so what? we are not Bari, we are a competitive team, we cannot afford immature players to make elementary mistakes, in order to reach some day the maturity that will be a benefit for our team .
Because in a highly competitive race, such mistakes can cost titles!
And we already paid a premium price for Bonucci, he should already be there.

Thankfully, our superiority in serie and the constant loss of quality, allows us to tolerate such handicaps with ease.
The 100% of our potential is really not need to conquer the lead.
At 70-80% of the games Bonucci can be used as a starter without any significant loss of overall quality, Italy's NT for the same matter.
But its because of the derbies and important CL matches, with the most competitive teams, we should worry about.
When we will face superior teams, we will try to perform at 101% of our potential, having a weaklng around, adds a handicap to our cause, a handicap that can be exploited and it may end up as it did with Spain...

So the criticism is justified for everyone who puts the team above any player, the question is, whats behind the dubius reasons of the ones who defend him and the elements that are holding us back.
What would be their reasons, if their agenda is not for the good of Juve?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
So the criticism is justified for everyone who puts the team above any player, the question is, whats behind the dubius reasons of the ones who defend him and the elements that are holding us back.
What would be their reasons, if their agenda is not for the good of Juve?
Yes I would like to know that one too, what is their agenda? Money, power or shares of the team?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Intend to troll, stupidity, nationalism, mercy?
I dont know, maybe a combnation of them and more, but i sure know that there is no harm to support your team and want the best for her.
PPl should not let the above mentioned reasons or any other to stray away from this...

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
His pros outweighs the cons. Of course there are better defenders than him out there. But he is good enough, and is the least of our problems at the moment. People look at his mistakes and blame him, some of which deserves to be scrutinized, but it does get annoying when he gets magnified heat for a mistake than, say, what Chiellini would face. If Chiello made that mistake but still had a good showing trust me people would just brush it off, why can't the same be applied to Bonucci.
Chiellini had some really great seasons for years with us (where he was hands down the best defender in the league), Barzagli was nodoubt the best defender last season. Both of these players are generally consistence in their performance (had few errors, after all they are humans !).

Problem with bonucci is that he keeps making errors over and over again "almost" in every game. If you're a defender you can't get away with errors (unlike midfielders or attackers). He can have a really great performance during a game but he'll fucks it up with that one stupid mistake.

Against shakhtar I remember him running with the ball going forward I was shouting at the screen for him to just play a simple pass to anyone next to him, he played one of his long adventurous Passes to the opponent and they almost scored a goal from that error !!

He can get away with these mistakes in Italy, but in Europe the game is in a whole different level. I truly hope the best for the guy, but can't deny that my gut feeling is that his mistakes will cost us some really important points in Europe in the group stage or even get us eliminated in the knock outs.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Chiellini had some really great seasons for years with us (where he was hands down the best defender in the league), Barzagli was nodoubt the best defender last season. Both of these players are generally consistence in their performance (had few errors, after all they are humans !).

Problem with bonucci is that he keeps making errors over and over again "almost" in every game. If you're a defender you can't get away with errors (unlike midfielders or attackers). He can have a really great performance during a game but he'll fucks it up with that one stupid mistake.

Against shakhtar I remember him running with the ball going forward I was shouting at the screen for him to just play a simple pass to anyone next to him, he played one of his long adventurous Passes to the opponent and they almost scored a goal from that error !!

He can get away with these mistakes in Italy, but in Europe the game is in a whole different level. I truly hope the best for the guy, but can't deny that my gut feeling is that his mistakes will cost us some really important points in Europe in the group stage or even get us eliminated in the knock outs.
:tup:

I don't agree with a lot of it, but at least you put across your point of view clearly and without bullshit like "Fuck Bonucci OMGZZ He is So ShhiitT". Well played.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Apparently, even though he's suspended and left at home. He's heading to Siena with his wife and a friend to support his teammates. He's amazing :heart:

Direzione Siena!!!! #FinoAllaFineForzaJuventus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 169)