Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Hi to everyone! Another one longtime Tuz lurker here. Been Juventus fan for the last 20 years :bigscarf:.

I never liked Bonucci. I don't like his arrogance that is always there in his eyes, even when he tries to look and sound humble.

I don't like the way he knits the brows when he wants to look cool but looks pathetic instead.

I don't like his way of celebrating goals. All that mouth washing thing is just repulsive.

Frankly, he always reminded me of Fredo from The Godfather (including his appearance). A person who wanted to be much more than he was capable of, to the extent of jeopardizing the family's interests.

I was trully relieved once he left the club (even though I was disappointed that he was heading towards Milan).

When I heard those rumors that he might be coming back and they were getting more and more real, it felt like a nightmare you can't wake up from. Especially after the dream signing of CR7. And once it happened the only things I could feel were disgust and annoyance.

But. I, surprisingly even for myself, buy the explanations he gave today. Now everything that happened during the last two years between him and the club makes sense. And the picture might be much simpler and even noble compared to what it looked like before.

A year or a year and half ago Bonucci had really difficult times (we all know his circumstances with the family, so I won't waste your time repeating them here). He was clearly depressed. He even admitted that he was contemplating quitting football for good at that time.

At the same time, he was the main CB in one of the 2-3 top teams in the world, in undoubtfully the best defence in the world, and, arguably, the best CB in the world, with all that praise from the press, Guardiola, etc. This is a hell of a pressure even when everything is great with your family, etc. And it might get absolutely unbearable when you have such big problems with your kid's health.

He fell apart psychologically. And he knew it. He knew that he wasn't up to the task anymore. Black and white colors became too heavy for him. So, in order to not to hurt his club with the mediocre performance he was capable of at that time (on every level, including discipline), he decided to step aside. He went to Milan, and we all remember, how painfully difficult was for him to be there (all of those photos from his presentation). He didn't give a f**k about all of those CL tropheys they tried to seduce him with (including that ridiculous cheap gigantic copy of the CL trophy in their museum). And how genuinely happy and relieved he looked when he came back to Juventus.

He was abysmal in the first half of the season in Milan. But gradually he recovered. He found the peace of mind and confidence. He had a rest from the pressure of the highest standards Juventus put on you with the club's t-shirt. He resolved his psychological issues and now is ready to get back to one of the best teams in the world. He definitely matured. Extremely motivated and, probably, hating himself for his weakness which lead him to leaving the club, which makes him even more motivated now. Hungrier than ever, yeah, right.

Basically, this is what he was trying to say today. And for me it seems plausible.

And his determination to prove everything on the field instead of saying cheap words everybody's expecting from him now seems the best thing he can do if everything I wrote above is true. If everything I wrote above is true, then there's actually nothing he can say "sorry" for.

So I'm ready to give him a second chance.

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
Hi to everyone! Another one longtime Tuz lurker here. Been Juventus fan for the last 20 years :bigscarf:.

I never liked Bonucci. I don't like his arrogance that is always there in his eyes, even when he tries to look and sound humble.

I don't like the way he knits the brows when he wants to look cool but looks pathetic instead.

I don't like his way of celebrating goals. All that mouth washing thing is just repulsive.

Frankly, he always reminded me of Fredo from The Godfather (including his appearance). A person who wanted to be much more than he was capable of, to the extent of jeopardizing the family's interests.

I was trully relieved once he left the club (even though I was disappointed that he was heading towards Milan).

When I heard those rumors that he might be coming back and they were getting more and more real, it felt like a nightmare you can't wake up from. Especially after the dream signing of CR7. And once it happened the only things I could feel were disgust and annoyance.

But. I, surprisingly even for myself, buy the explanations he gave today. Now everything that happened during the last two years between him and the club makes sense. And the picture might be much simpler and even noble compared to what it looked like before.

A year or a year and half ago Bonucci had really difficult times (we all know his circumstances with the family, so I won't waste your time repeating them here). He was clearly depressed. He even admitted that he was contemplating quitting football for good at that time.

At the same time, he was the main CB in one of the 2-3 top teams in the world, in undoubtfully the best defence in the world, and, arguably, the best CB in the world, with all that praise from the press, Guardiola, etc. This is a hell of a pressure even when everything is great with your family, etc. And it might get absolutely unbearable when you have such big problems with your kid's health.

He fell apart psychologically. And he knew it. He knew that he wasn't up to the task anymore. Black and white colors became too heavy for him. So, in order to not to hurt his club with the mediocre performance he was capable of at that time (on every level, including discipline), he decided to step aside. He went to Milan, and we all remember, how painfully difficult was for him to be there (all of those photos from his presentation). He didn't give a f**k about all of those CL tropheys they tried to seduce him with (including that ridiculous cheap gigantic copy of the CL trophy in their museum). And how genuinely happy and relieved he looked when he came back to Juventus.

He was abysmal in the first half of the season in Milan. But gradually he recovered. He found the peace of mind and confidence. He had a rest from the pressure of the highest standards Juventus put on you with the club's t-shirt. He resolved his psychological issues and now is ready to get back to one of the best teams in the world. He definitely matured. Extremely motivated and, probably, hating himself for his weakness which lead him to leaving the club, which makes him even more motivated now. Hungrier than ever, yeah, right.

Basically, this is what he was trying to say today. And for me it seems plausible.

And his determination to prove everything on the field instead of saying cheap words everybody's expecting from him now seems the best thing he can do if everything I wrote above is true. If everything I wrote above is true, then there's actually nothing he can say "sorry" for.

You're such a drama queen.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I think fans have a right to treat him like the traitorous bitch that he is. If he redeems himself, great. But as it stands, he hasn’t done anything to earn any respect back.
These kind of post is not welcomed here you might get an infraction. You shall say. “Bonucci is the best.”

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
You're such a drama queen.
Nah. After CR7 signing everybody was talking about Marcelo, Godin, Pogba and so on. It looked like everything changed and from now on the club would be moving only forward.

And then you hear the news that the club want to return the player who, as it seemed at that moment, represented everything that was wrong with the "old" team, one of the symbols of lost CL finals, anti-CR7, so to speak. It was really like a cold shower, to put it mildly.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Nah. After CR7 signing everybody was talking about Marcelo, Godin, Pogba and so on. It looked like everything changed and from now on the club would be moving only forward.

And then you hear the news that the club want to return the player who, as it seemed at that moment, represented everything that was wrong with the "old" team, one of the symbols of lost CL finals, anti-CR7, so to speak. It was really like a cold shower, to put it mildly.
@Post Ironic :klin:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
These kind of post is not welcomed here you might get an infraction. You shall say. “Bonucci is the best.”
Nah, the mods are somewhat level headed. They understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome. Wish we had someone like Montero instead of Bonucci

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
He used to be more than just another player to me but now he's just another player. As soon as he retires he will be forgotten.

I will tolerate him just because he's wearing our shirt now.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

R u bonbon agent???

Welcome

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
odd thing to say about someone who made so many mistakes for several years and still managed to turn it around.
One second, they're crying about his millions of mistakes over the years here (which apparently didn't phase him), the next second saying his first mistake will fuck his mind so badly he loses his spot in the team. :mut:

- - - Updated - - -

Keep telling this to yourself.
"Mental illness" is the proper response. :klin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)