Leandro Paredes - CM/DM - PSG (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I've been against this acquisition but have barely seen him play these past years so it's unfair of me to judge him. But I don't want to overhaul our team completely every year. If we think Paredes is someone to build on and keep for the forthcoming years then get him. Otherwise make do with what we got or shift to someone we actually want.

We love stocking up on mediocre CMs and I just don't want to add more wood to the fire. If we play with three CMs we need coverage, but we're so stacked. I don't think we will see Pogba until the end of the season so we can take him out of the equation. Hopefully we get rid of Rabiot but I doubt we can offload Arthur. We still have Fagioli, Arthur, Rovella, Miretti, Zakaria, McKennie, and Locatelli for three spots. I would like our three youngsters to be our rotational options so they get minutes. As I see it, I would much rather focus everything on getting rid of Arthur and then possibly McKennie. McKennie is more all around than Zakaria and IMO a better player. But Zakaria may be a more useful tool in the portfolio and a more clear cut recycler. If McKennie wasn't injured so much it would be a tougher choice to make. He seems like a fun guy but I'd rather hand his minutes to the youngsters so they become something for next year. Plus, it would be a much cheaper route.
Rovella is gone.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
2 years would be fine if he was free. But it makes little sense from a financial point of view to spend 20m with the risk of letting them go for nothing in 2 years. There is no way we'd do that, especially as his amortisation would be 10m a year. It is too much of a hit.

Completely agree with you that we don't want to risk another Ramsey, Rabiot, Arthur scenario.

The solution would be to not sign him in the first place if he wants wages that high.
It's 2 + 1 with a club option.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
The way we play, it’s important to have someone who’s comfortable with he ball in front of goal. So from that pov Paredes is ok I guess. But I hope Juve is cautious about it especially considering we can’t offload Arthur anytime soon. Ideally there’s a swap with Arthur going the other way or an actual option with no easily achievable conditions. Also option trigger price should be low.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Loan on decent wages and an option (not obligation) wouldn't be so bad.

In the first 20 mins when we had Zakaria as the deep lying mid we struggled. Having another player who can get on the ball in that position could be useful.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I don't like this guy, but I have to concede we are in dire need of a ball playing DM who can free Locatelli up. Zakaria clearly can't do it.

As long as this isn't a long contract, it could actually be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)