Leandro Paredes - CM/DM - PSG (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I know you're jesting, but I shall humor you. The Argentine Pussyfag was a wonderful player for us, but it was time to move on. As for the Demented Dutchman, he did have impressive numbers for Lyon, but so does Cuntobile for Lazio. Would you like Lazio's top scorer here? I look beyond the stats and the impact, or lack thereof, players can have on this club. You don't see me complaining about Di Maria and Kostic, do you?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd much rather have a paramecium-sized brain than a total vacuous space. It must be hard for you to lead such a "hollow" existence.
What was Dybarbie’s impact the past 4 years? He was supposed to be a leader of the team, wore the captain’s armband often, and led us right into decline with his mediocre pussyfag performances. And went completely missing each and every year in the big CL matches.

I will always be fond of 2015-2018 Dybala, fantastic player those seasons… but he turned into a useless soyboi after that and his poor play and mentality is a part of why this club is in this position today.

Depay’s goal knocked us out of CL in 2020, bro. Remind me what Dybala did in those matches? Zilch. He helped them qualify for CL multiple years with his goals and assists. He had season of 22 goals-17 assists, 22 goals - 12 assist, and 12 goals-16 assists. Those attest to his impact there.

Do I think he’s gonna be our saviour? Nope. Is he a good player who should offer a big upgrade to what we currently have. Absolutely. And he’s a free transfer, likely on reasonable wages.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
7m for Peredes, sounds like Juve believe in him to be the solution and serious about it. Leaves no room for another. So I am guessing the plan for starting mid when fit is Pogba-Paredes-Locatelli

7M??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Have we learn nothing from the cases of Rabiot and Ramsey!?????

Theres no way we are gonna pay 7M to Paredes.. I refuse to believe that

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Don`t worry, just disappear and we will arrange a poll for you afterwards - Garbage section or Retard section.
Using the royal we now? You truly are one delusional insufferable mental midget.

- - - Updated - - -

What was Dybarbie’s impact the past 4 years? He was supposed to be a leader of the team, wore the captain’s armband often, and led us right into decline with his mediocre pussyfag performances. And went completely missing each and every year in the big CL matches.

I will always be fond of 2015-2018 Dybala, fantastic player those seasons… but he turned into a useless soyboi after that and his poor play and mentality is a part of why this club is in this position today.

Depay’s goal knocked us out of CL in 2020, bro. Remind me what Dybala did in those matches? Zilch. He helped them qualify for CL multiple years with his goals and assists. He had season of 22 goals-17 assists, 22 goals - 12 assist, and 12 goals-16 assists. Those attest to his impact there.

Do I think he’s gonna be our saviour? Nope. Is he a good player who should offer a big upgrade to what we currently have. Absolutely. And he’s a free transfer, likely on reasonable wages.
I am not entirely disagreeing with you. I just don't see the point of stopgap solutions. Depay is a stopgap, so is Di Maria. We need players that will be here long-term, and that's why I was hoping our board would show more ambition and bring in SMS and Zaniolo, even if they had to engage in some financial gymnastics.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Using the royal we now? You truly are one delusional insufferable mental midget.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not entirely disagreeing with you. I just don't see the point of stopgap solutions. Depay is a stopgap, so is Di Maria. We need players that will be here long-term, and that's why I was hoping our board would show more ambition and bring in SMS and Zaniolo, even if they had to engage in some financial gymnastics.
Because we aren’t going to sell the club piecemeal to random interests in order to buy players like Barca, and Exor clearly isn’t willing to bankroll the club the way PSG and Man City are. Over the last couple years we have bought top class young stars like Vlahovic, Chiesa, Locatelli, Bremer… we have young potential stars like Fagioli, Miretti, Gatti, Rovella looking to break into the team and establish themselves. Some good reasonable price signings like Kostic, Mckennie, Zakarias. Making a few smart opportunity signings like Pogba, Di Maria, Depay, etc is a great way to operate when you are on a limited budget. (Even if I personally am not a fan of Pogba or Depay)

It’s ludicrous to think we were going to sign SMS and Zaniolo in the same window, on top of Bremer. And having signed Vlahovic in January.

We’re embarking on a project, renewing the squad over a few seasons. Having a few older impact players bought for cheap/free and on short term contracts is a great way to do that. Next January and next summer mercato hopefully we sign another 2-3 young players who will be starters here long term.

Jun 16, 2020
Because we aren’t going to sell the club piecemeal to random interests in order to buy players like Barca, and Exor clearly isn’t willing to bankroll the club the way PSG and Man City are. Over the last couple years we have bought top class young stars like Vlahovic, Chiesa, Locatelli, Bremer… we have young potential stars like Fagioli, Miretti, Gatti, Rovella looking to break into the team and establish themselves. Some good reasonable price signings like Kostic, Mckennie, Zakarias. Making a few smart opportunity signings like Pogba, Di Maria, Depay, etc is a great way to operate when you are on a limited budget. (Even if I personally am not a fan of Pogba or Depay)

It’s ludicrous to think we were going to sign SMS and Zaniolo in the same window, on top of Bremer. And having signed Vlahovic in January.

We’re embarking on a project, renewing the squad over a few seasons. Having a few older impact players bought for cheap/free and on short term contracts is a great way to do that. Next January and next summer mercato hopefully we sign another 2-3 young players who will be starters here long term.
Summarizing everything like that is like a throw back to the Marotta days, only with more young talent now.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Nothing wrong with that. I didn't want Fagjinho, and still don't, and I don't want Parepiss, but as much as I loathe Fagjinho, he's a superior player.
Like you, some people have their views and reasons. Perfectly fine. Others just criticise everything the club does. Strange behaviour; worthy subject of a Pirlo thesis...

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Like you, some people have their views and reasons. Perfectly fine. Others just criticise everything the club does. Strange behaviour; worthy subject of a Pirlo thesis...
I was happy with Pogba and Di Maria, even the former is a massive injury risk and the latter is a stopgap solution. I'm also pleased with Kostic coming in. Bremer was a necessity considering we lost our best CB - I am glad the club acted swiftly on that front. As for the rest, everyone is aware of my feelings by now.

- - - Updated - - -

I was hoping for SMS or Zaniolo this summer, and then the other player next summer.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I was happy with Pogba and Di Maria, even the former is a massive injury risk and the latter is a stopgap solution. I'm also pleased with Kostic coming in. Bremer was a necessity considering we lost our best CB - I am glad the club acted swiftly on that front. As for the rest, everyone is aware of my feelings by now.

- - - Updated - - -

I was hoping for SMS or Zaniolo this summer, and then the other player next summer.
I know. Wasn't aiming at you ;)

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Max doesn't have enough trust in the young Italians and appears he doesn't have enough confidence in himself to hold the fort down until PP comes back. Desparate move IMO but hope for the best. Good win tomorrow with mids playing well and maybe this signing doesn't happen.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Media maybe talking BS as usual. Because 7m for Rabiot, I meant Ramsey, I meant Arthur, I meant AS, I meant Bonbon, I meant Woj, I meant Paredes sounds like a really bad idea

Xorim

Aug 31, 2015
7m annual is a lot, but it depends waaay more on the contract lengt or doesn't it?

7m for a 2 year deal seems fine - there's an end in sight if the player doesn't perform.
Whereas the 4 year contracts we gave our ramseys, arthurs and rabiots made it extra hard to get rid of them

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
7m annual is a lot, but it depends waaay more on the contract lengt or doesn't it?

7m for a 2 year deal seems fine - there's an end in sight if the player doesn't perform.
Whereas the 4 year contracts we gave our ramseys, arthurs and rabiots made it extra hard to get rid of them
Important indeed. A 2+1 is not a huge risk.

Boksic

May 11, 2005

2 years would be fine if he was free. But it makes little sense from a financial point of view to spend 20m with the risk of letting them go for nothing in 2 years. There is no way we'd do that, especially as his amortisation would be 10m a year. It is too much of a hit.

Completely agree with you that we don't want to risk another Ramsey, Rabiot, Arthur scenario.

The solution would be to not sign him in the first place if he wants wages that high.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
He also has fee, Aroound 20m, which makes him cost 20m + 20m(wages with growth decree), basically 20m cost per year. Really big amount, u get this cost for a younger player with 50m fee if he signs five year contract.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I've been against this acquisition but have barely seen him play these past years so it's unfair of me to judge him. But I don't want to overhaul our team completely every year. If we think Paredes is someone to build on and keep for the forthcoming years then get him. Otherwise make do with what we got or shift to someone we actually want.

We love stocking up on mediocre CMs and I just don't want to add more wood to the fire. If we play with three CMs we need coverage, but we're so stacked. I don't think we will see Pogba until the end of the season so we can take him out of the equation. Hopefully we get rid of Rabiot but I doubt we can offload Arthur. We still have Fagioli, Arthur, Rovella, Miretti, Zakaria, McKennie, and Locatelli for three spots. I would like our three youngsters to be our rotational options so they get minutes. As I see it, I would much rather focus everything on getting rid of Arthur and then possibly McKennie. McKennie is more all around than Zakaria and IMO a better player. But Zakaria may be a more useful tool in the portfolio and a more clear cut recycler. If McKennie wasn't injured so much it would be a tougher choice to make. He seems like a fun guy but I'd rather hand his minutes to the youngsters so they become something for next year. Plus, it would be a much cheaper route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)