Le Bleu (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2002
now i kno we have afew fench fans on this forum, jus wonderign who u guys think will going to portugal and what thier formation will be??

-------------------barthez------------------------

Thuram----mexes---Gallas------evra---------

----------------------Viera------------------------

Giuly----------------------------------Pires-----

-----------------------------Henry----------------

----------------Trez--------------------------------

A scary team if i ever saw one.

Bench??

Rothen, kapo, saha, marlet, cisse, Desailly, lizarazu, coupet..list goes on, surely the favourites.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
A necessity I'd say, after watching the friendly against Holland roughly a month back.

BTW Steph, was in Brussels again the other day. Never know in which language to start a conversation. Any unwritten rules to that?

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
I don't think so, Martin.

Erik: Although Brussels is located in Flemish territory (Vlaamse Brabant), up to 85% of Brussels inhabitants actually speak French as their mother-language. Some outskirts are also totally French-speaking, to a couple of Flemish leaders' biggest despair. That's why Brussels is such a sensible subject between politicians from both communities.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Stephañho! ] ++
Erik: Although Brussels is located in Flemish territory (Vlaamse Brabant), up to 85% of Brussels inhabitants actually speak French as their mother-language. Some outskirts are also totally French-speaking, to a couple of Flemish leaders' biggest despair. That's why Brussels is such a sensible subject between politicians from both communities.
I most of that. Except the 85% part. Astonishing. So French is the better bet then. I'll remember that! Thanks!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

Giuly----------------Zidane------------------Pires

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
Hydde: Playing Evra and only one proper DM is the best way to expose France to deadly counter-attacks.

Erik: Where and why do/did you go to Brussels, if you don't mind my asking?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
No I don't mind. Went to a concert in the Ancienne Belgique and stayed at hostel Génération Europe west of the centre near metro station Comte de Flandre. You know it? Had a wicked time as I always do when I visit Brussels. Really love that city.

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
No I don't mind. Went to a concert in the Ancienne Belgique and stayed at hostel Génération Europe west of the centre near metro station Comte de Flandre. You know it? Had a wicked time as I always do when I visit Brussels. Really love that city.
Good for you! :)

L'Ancienne Belgique is a fine concert hall, well located too. It's fairly small though, but I guess it's precisely that intimate feeling to it that people appreciate there. Which band was playing?... Comte de Flandre-Zwarte Vijvers isn't the nicest nor safest part of the town however.

We should arrange a meeting in Europe's capital one of these days.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
L'Ancienne Belgique is a fine concert hall, well located too. It's fairly small though, but I guess it's precisely that intimate feeling that people like there... Comte de Flandre-Zwarte Vijvers isn't the nicest nor safest part of the town however.
So I noticed. I'm not an exceedingly rich or posh person myself and I live in a similar neighbourhood in The Hague so I wasn't very intimidated though.

L'Ancienne Belgique is indeed very intimate. I got to just couple of meters from the stage, very nice.

Not a bad idea. You tend to miss a lot if you wander through town without anyone who really knows the place. I did stumble across that ... what do I call it ... boulevard? The one that offers a really nice view of the city. It's behind that big statue that has some significant Belgian dates on it such as 1830 and 1944.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Couldn't tell you if my life depended on it. All I remember is that statue, then I had to climb some stairs, then on both my right and left hand side were exceedingly ugly modern buildings and from the edge (railing) I could see the city skyline. Nice view.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
A necessity I'd say, after watching the friendly against Holland roughly a month back.
Zidane never turns up for friendlies. His body double just takes a strole around the pitch for a bit.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Hydde: Playing Evra and only one proper DM is the best way to expose France to deadly counter-attacks.

:D

iknow... that formation is too offensive minded. But tell me that it doesnt look cool ;)

anways... it will receive some goals against.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++

Giuly----------------Zidane------------------Pires

this formation with a little more experience on defence would work wonders

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Yeah, thanks a lot guys :groan:

btw is everyone forgetting Sebastian Frey?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)