Lazio - Juventus (2 Viewers)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Let the first team play and its that time of the season where adrenalin takes you thru, what is the point in putting all ur eggs in one basket , what if we lose both games becos of what you guys are suggesting, and Inter and Milan both win their serieA matches

You wanna bring them back into the championship race, its not as if, it will make a huge difference if they play on saturday or not , what happens on tuesday

Treat each game equally and with much gusto and you can win both, treat one with disdain then you could end up with nothing at the end of the season
i would agree if the serie A gap between juve and inter was smaller. but an 8 point lead gives juve enough room to sacrifice one game....hell we all predicted at most a draw in this game anyway! so why waste our players for 1 point. (hell, a point that the second team may also achieve)

Lazio are a tough team to crack!

you saw how juve seemed tired in the Brescia game!! Nedved even asked for a rest.
juve's physical condition is a huge factor in deturmining what damage they can do in a game.

playing away to Lazio is almost as tough as playing Barca away.
(lazio only lost 3 times in serie A this season!!)

BTW, it's not like all the starters need to be rested.
Davids, Tacchi and Montero will still play. Buffon can even play.

The most important players to rest are Nedved, Camo, Thuram and Tudor.

Thuram will need to be 110% to fight off R.Carlos.
Tudor will most likey play midfield and without him, are only options in the middle are conte.
Nedved is juve's most important player( no need to say more)
Camo will have to compensate for the loss of Davids and Tacchi. he will be working a lot in the midfield with Tudor and Conte being so slow.

Please dont say that Adrenaline will take juve through. every body has its limits and boundries.

The point is: juve can do without a few key players in the lazio game.

It's not a case of putting all your eggs in one basket. it's a case of intelligently dividing the eggs for a good balance.

Buy on AliExpress.com

slack

Dec 13, 2002
I agree that there should be no let-up against Lazio. Likewise, in the big scheme of things and given the obvious signs of fatigue, there's no sense risking Nedved and have him staggering towards the finish-line. Another dilemma is his status as a former Laziali ... a extra-motivated Nedved (which is great) vs the high likelihood that he'll be hacked dead by the Romans (crap) Really tough call.

Tactically, Lazio are a counter-attacking team and extremely swift in moving the ball across the field. These guys are definitely a notch above us in elusiveness and the likelihood of our midfield chasing shadows and expending energy unnecessarily is very high. As such, I predict a relatively battle-free midfield exchange between both sides with intensive clamping instead in the last 3rds. That's the approach that could be taken from the economical standpoint. Ideally as in this case, Nedved's gonna have a field day prompting from the middle but in reality, he's more likely to be a magnet for vicious fouls wherever he goes.

Formation-wise, perhaps a mirror-image 4-3-3 but with less adventurous full-backs (any 2 of Thuram , Birindelli and Pessotto) to guard against Lopez, Fiore and Cesar. My vote goes to Pessotto as he's relatively fresh this season after coming back from injury and at the same time needing match-practice to do a probable marking job on ZZ against Real. Camo-Tach-Zambro in the middle as Tach's suspended in CL and Zambro's case similar to Pessotto's having been ousted by Camo earlier in the season. Camo needs to wake up soon and this game will provide some indication on whether he can be entrusted the responsibility against Real. Upfront, a 3-pronged all-out attack of DV, ADP and Trez since all 3 needs match-practice in an injury-ravaged season.

I predict a draw and self-destruction by Inter :cool:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

i would agree if the serie A gap between juve and inter was smaller. but an 8 point lead gives juve enough room to sacrifice one game....hell we all predicted at most a draw in this game anyway! so why waste our players for 1 point. (hell, a point that the second team may also achieve)

Lazio are a tough team to crack!

you saw how juve seemed tired in the Brescia game!! Nedved even asked for a rest.
juve's physical condition is a huge factor in deturmining what damage they can do in a game.

playing away to Lazio is almost as tough as playing Barca away.
(lazio only lost 3 times in serie A this season!!)

BTW, it's not like all the starters need to be rested.
Davids, Tacchi and Montero will still play. Buffon can even play.

The most important players to rest are Nedved, Camo, Thuram and Tudor.

Thuram will need to be 110% to fight off R.Carlos.
Tudor will most likey play midfield and without him, are only options in the middle are conte.
Nedved is juve's most important player( no need to say more)
Camo will have to compensate for the loss of Davids and Tacchi. he will be working a lot in the midfield with Tudor and Conte being so slow.

Please dont say that Adrenaline will take juve through. every body has its limits and boundries.

The point is: juve can do without a few key players in the lazio game.

It's not a case of putting all your eggs in one basket. it's a case of intelligently dividing the eggs for a good balance.
What good balance? 3 starters are suspended, we never go gung ho against anyone as in we do not carry the fight to our opponents

Against Barcelona did we attack incessantly, no, but we defended valiantly, now in our next game we played the same way we play, lazily and going for results, now Barcelona who did most of the attacking still had enuff to play very well against Soceildad

Against brescia, Iuliano, Conte,Trez and Pessotto had no reason to be tired, Dp should not have been tired as he did little in the Nou Camp, Davids did not finish the game so apart from Nedved, why should they be shattered?

I find it amazing that attacking teams like Arsenal, Man united and Spanish teams can play week in week out without looking tired while defensive Italian teams always seem to be tired

Reason is that they are too lazy and negative to control tempo of the game and since its more tiring when you don't have the ball, then they have little left so its their fault

Thuram has not played since his heroics in the Nou camp, neither has Ferrara, Tudor, Iuliano, Birindelli and Pessotto have not played much at all , all season
Camo and Conte should be fresh
Tacchi, Davids and Montero are suspended

Dp, Divaio nad Trez need to be match fit, so outside Nedved who should be rested?

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
He never declared that he likes Lazio either, so no "proof" tha the will be biased in this game ;)

Your problem with him is that he is ready to do the things and to ref the game that are against a "norm" in Italy;)

That why you dont like him ;)

Spoiled breaths, thats what you are :D

BTW. This denial of service thing, that has something to do with trying to shut me up? :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
No, it's true he doesn't. He's always good friends with Lippi.. :D I recall a few times in the past he was a little overenthusiastic in his calls against us :rolleyes:

Course, others don't seem to mind Juve.

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
This must be some conspiracy to screw up JUve in the last 4 games, starting against Lazio:eek::D

In Moggis place, i would complain about this.

Imagine, No "favors" now, almost at the end? and for 20 + refs that "adore" you, what was the probability that one that doesnt will be chosen?:eek:

Something fishy going on......

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Much has been said about whether or not we should rest our players against Lazio for the upcoming Real Madrid match. From the sound of it, Lippi will be playing with nearly our full squad. Nedved is set to play against his former club and when asked, Neddy said that after winning he forgets about the tiredness in his legs.

The first match in the Delle Alpi was evenly balanced with us going ahead through Nedved (great supply by Del Piero though) only for Lazio to equalize and then go ahead with goals from Stefano Fiore.

Anyway, Trezeguet and Del Piero need this match to completely regain form and match-fitness. I'm not completely sure about the other players, although the suspended trio of Montero, Tacchinardi, and Davids should also play this match as they will miss the Madrid match. With those players forming the core, I think we could win this match.

Afterall, we could celebrate our 27th Scuedetto in Rome !!

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
I don't know why, call me crazy if you want, but I think if Juve play their reserves it will be a better performance than if they play their first team players.

Forza Lazio still tho :D:cool:
because our first team will be distacted thinking of real game and hoping to reach that game without any injury

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)