Last day of summer mercato - LIVE (92 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 2008
I have no idea what are some people thinking... seriously. Are you guys aware that we have signed Tevez and Llorente already, while we have a great striker in Vucinic already? What we need at the moment is a Matri replacement, someone who CAN warm the bench and someone who'll score goals when given a chance. It makes sense to sign Gilardino because he FITS that profile. It makes no sense whatsoever to sign some kid for that, not even good for him, because he'd rarely play (remember - Tevez, Vucinic, Llorente and to a lesser extent Giovinco). It's not like Gilardino is our main target for the summer. Just wake up already, we're getting a 4th striker at this point and Gila is very good option for it.

Wake the fuck up, we're not getting Demba Ba or anyone else for it.
And he's a fucking great upgrade over Matri.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I have no idea what are some people thinking... seriously. Are you guys aware that we have signed Tevez and Llorente already, while we have a great striker in Vucinic already? What we need at the moment is a Matri replacement, someone who CAN warm the bench and someone who'll score goals when given a chance. It makes sense to sign Gilardino because he FITS that profile. It makes no sense whatsoever to sign some kid for that, not even good for him, because he'd rarely play (remember - Tevez, Vucinic, Llorente and to a lesser extent Giovinco). It's not like Gilardino is our main target for the summer. Just wake up already, we're getting a 4th striker at this point and Gila is very good option for it.

Wake the $#@! up, we're not getting Demba Ba or anyone else for it.
This! Gilardino will be a great signing. He still possesses great instinct in the box. That's all one can ask for in a 4th/5th striker.

However, I would have been pretty happy had we sold Givovinco to Atl Madrid, and replaced him with Iturbe. Iturbe is going to be a beast someday. Watching him for River, it's pretty clear he has a lot of potential.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
And he's a $#@!ing great upgrade over Matri.
But Matri was a reject, and he was accustomed to be a benchboy. Never tried to fight that back. Gila on the other hand has a great CV , he is a wolrd champion and is not obligated to warm the bench in his last years of profootie just to please Marotta and Conte. He has a profile to maintain you know, specially with the worldcup coming

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Si blocca il valzer delle punte. Non c’è infatti l’accordo per il trasferimento di Alberto Gilardino alla Juve, di Marco Borriello al Genoa e di Fabio Quagliarella alla Roma. I primi due trasferimenti si concluderebbero infatti in prestito, mentre il terzo dovrebbe essere concluso a titolo definitivo. E la Roma vuole evitare di avere due calciatori importanti la prossima stagione. Inoltre, c’è anche un problema di ingaggi visto che i giallorossi dovrebbero pagare 5 milioni lordi. Si continua a trattare, cercando di far coincidere le cifre.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh-oh

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
I've always liked Gila actually. Very passionate player. But he's on the same level with Quag, so we just can to keep :testtesttest:

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
New reports are Quagliarella might be going to Wes Brom for 5 million.
Of course it could just be BS, but 5 million is REALLY low. Although the prospect of not strengthening competition is tempting...

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Gilardino is a sure bet , everybody knows who he is and his qualities , he has already proven himself , the only thing that worries me is that if he comes i doubt he will be 4th/5th choice i really think he will become 3rd choice and i really wouldn't like that considering we have gio/llorente

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Still in the end kudos to juventus for closing a pretty good mercato without spending a cent . I really hope juventus has wanted to close on par this year with no debt left and we start investing heavily from next year , if not we should start worrying .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)