Last day of mercato: #FalcaON #FalcaOFF edition (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
Beppe and Fab just arrived at the ATA Hotel. :p

- - - Updated - - -

we got lot's of lefties/righties that can play LCB Like Rugani) so a RCB would have been nice.
To say that the market is closed for Juve? Atalanta picked up Gomez. Denis to Juve?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The squad is better than it was last season. There's no doubt about that in my mind so from that point of view the transfer window was a mild success. We didn't improve our starting lineup though so I can't give the mercato higher than 6/10.
Personaly, i seriously think that last season, we underperformed in a lot of games, specially in CL of course. And ill always say that this was not only because the lack of a player here and there... but also due to poor preparation , formations, tactics and subs, not to mention blunders.

This mercato we got some interesting players that can complement our current team and maybe surprise us, so if Allegri get things right, i think we can get really positive results. My only real worry is our CBs, especially Bonucci, but hopefully we will find a way to overcome this.

C'mon man. Of course we aim to improve our starting line-up immediately, if the opportunity presents itself. Every club aims to find purchases that immediately improve their starting XI. If this isn't financially feasible, or the market doesn't present the right opportunities, the club switches to improving the bench, and finding potential stars of the future.

However, banking your future on players with high potential is not the way to become a club with sustained success, as the majority of these players don't live up to potential. We all hope they do. Coman, Sturaro, Berardi, Pereyra, Rugani, Leali, Morata, and so on... Even if not one of them becomes a Pogba story for us, if a couple become 30+ mil rated players that will be amazing, but our club isn't going to be very successful on the European stage if we don't at some point start spending money on established starters.
I think the time will come. They must have a good reason to not spend like madmen and pay top dollars for a superb player who would turn everyone´s heads. The real top dogs are just too expensive for us, and the guys between the 30 and 50 mils are maybe not worth the money if they will not take us to a whole new level. SO for now, maybe is better to stay with the moratas and comans.
Still, i dont think we need a Falcao buy to be competitive. Our team has enought quality to kick some asses. Its up to the coach to make the best of us.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
kind of glad we havent made last minute panic signings.

our first eleven if fine. we should see how guys like coman, morata and evra do before we panic

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Personaly, i seriously think that last season, we underperformed in a lot of games, specially in CL of course. And ill always say that this was not only because the lack of a player here and there... but also due to poor preparation , formations, tactics and subs, not to mention blunders.

This mercato we got some interesting players that can complement our current team and maybe surprise us, so if Allegri get things right, i think we can get really positive results. My only real worry is our CBs, especially Bonucci, but hopefully we will find a way to overcome this.

I think the time will come. They must have a good reason to not spend like madmen and pay top dollars for a superb player who would turn everyone´s heads. The real top dogs are just too expensive for us, and the guys between the 30 and 50 mils are maybe not worth the money if they will not take us to a whole new level. SO for now, maybe is better to stay with the moratas and comans.
Still, i dont think we need a Falcao buy to be competitive. Our team has enought quality to kick some asses. Its up to the coach to make the best of us.
We really should have sold Bonucci and brought in a CB like Nastatic. It's really disappointing that the club hasn't done this. Barzagli seems to be growing more injury prone and I really don't want to see Bonucci starting in a back 4. Ogbonna, the jury is still out on, but quite disappointed in the failure to offload Bonucci and bring a good young replacement.

I don't think we need a Falcao type buy. And I think we'll be good this year, even to the level of QFs in CL potentially, but we can't operate on a model like this long-term if we want to be a perennial contender in Europe. Young players with good potential only turn out well so often. Eventually we have to spend a decent amount of money replacing starters with established starters. That time is arriving now, with players like Buffon, Pirlo, Barzagli, Lichtsteiner, Tevez only having a couple years left as top players. Players like Sanchez, Griezzmann, Kroos, Benatia, etc are selling in that 25-40 mil price range where we should be aspiring to start making at least 1 purchase a year in alongside good bench players in that 5-15 mil range, and then keeping an eye on players with expiring contracts that are potential stars of the future.

GrecoJuve

May 19, 2014
Beppe and Fab just arrived at the ATA Hotel. :p

- - - Updated - - -

we got lot's of lefties/righties that can play LCB Like Rugani) so a RCB would have been nice.
now i realised that he is left footed..hope for Rugani to impress with Empoli to have a CB for a decade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)