Lassana Diarra - DM - Real Madrid (7 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He called the Irish footballers cheats and liars. I wasn't aware that he called the Italians cheats and liars too.
Would be cool to have him so he'd accuse Milan and Inter for cheating and lying :D

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/inc...land-star-liars-and-cheats-article223937.html
I might be wrong. Wasn't Diarra the one who got France's anthem booed at San Siro before a Euro qualifier?

I'm pretty sure it was all about his comments to the media beforehand.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Heh, he's nowhere near as much of a force as Davids. :D

Diarra can't run at players and pass the ball like he can, or even tackle like the Pitbull. But he's still a very solid and sturdy tackler and would be the best option possible for the DM spot here.

He has said in the past that he would only move to the Prem, though.
Andy, you need to go to the NHL Thread and click the link I posted.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I might be wrong. Wasn't Diarra the one who got France's anthem booed at San Siro before a Euro qualifier?

I'm pretty sure it was all about his comments to the media beforehand.
The main reason for the booing was Domenech, who accused the Italian officials of buying the referee in an Olympic qualifier between France and Italy in 1999, but Diarra might have said something too. All I found on the net as a reason for the booing were Domenech's comments, as well as some comments Vieira made (it was strange about Vieira, since his comments were about Materazzi and both were Inter players at the time).

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I did a google search and found this:

“Everyone knows the reputation the Italians have is of cheats and provokers,” he was quoted as saying in the 'Gazzetta dello Sport.’
“The important thing is not to fall into their traps. I am a black man and in Italy we often get insulted, not just by the fans, but also by the players. Having said that, the situation does seem to be improving."

So he not only insulted fans but players as well. There is also a quote of him taking a dig at Pirlo and Gattuso.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I did a google search and found this:

“Everyone knows the reputation the Italians have is of cheats and provokers,” he was quoted as saying in the 'Gazzetta dello Sport.’
“The important thing is not to fall into their traps. I am a black man and in Italy we often get insulted, not just by the fans, but also by the players. Having said that, the situation does seem to be improving."

So he not only insulted fans but players as well. There is also a quote of him taking a dig at Pirlo and Gattuso.
I remember that. He'll just have to swallow his pride, let Pirlo nutmeg a few times in training, and it'll be all good.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
From Real Madrid to Juventus? Who are we kidding here?
Because most players don't think about it that way, Matt.
What do Sneijder, Robben and Van der fart all have in commen?

You guessed it right! they play for Oranje

On serious note I agree with your second post. To me Diarra lacks that kind of character and mentality to be offended by bench warming for a big side like Madrid. He's pretty content over there.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
I would prefer him over Inler, but I'm not sure our management see it the same way since his wages would be double that of the Swiss.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
this guy is way way overrated, really not worth it unless higuain is in the deal
I also rate him quite nicely, but people here are indeed overrating the dude. Just like they do with Melo. Come on, the only guy you guys would let Melo go? He's good, but he is not even near WC and 20M would be way too much for him.

He doesn't worth the fat salary he would most surely demand too. If Juve could get a good deal I'd be really really happy, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)