Lapo Elkann (14 Viewers)

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Seems like its more a battle for power than it is money. At the end of the day, they're all very rich im guessing. Even the ones who dont participate in the business activities, they probably have some stake in the family fortune such as stock options.

Regardless of who is in power, they're all connected with ppl in high places. Y didn't they use that influence to counter Moratti's this summer?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
Yeah, the Elkanns are the sons of Gianni's daughter and they took Juventus from their quasi-cousin Andrea and got rid of the board named by their great uncle Umberto.

On an official point of view, the scandal was the "proof" that Juventus wasn't in good hands (Andrea's).
On a more practical point of view, the Triade (read: Giraudo) was gaining more and more status among the Ifil's managers and Giraudo has never had a good relationship with Montezemolo (Gianni's side of the "family", even though he's not officially part of it). Once Montezemolo found a way to get rid of the "umbertiani", he took it.

When money is involved, sometimes families prove to be very fragile institutions. :wallbang:
Plus, they are two branches of a very multicultural family and they developped in two very different environments.

Different environments often mean different points of view: in this case, the Elkanns are under the wing of Montezemolo, while Andrea (and his father Umberto) is very close to Giraudo (even before he came to work for Juve).
thanx 4 these valuable info's but i didn't understand one thing, which is y Andrea didn't take any actions yet ?

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
Seems like its more a battle for power than it is money. At the end of the day, they're all very rich im guessing. Even the ones who dont participate in the business activities, they probably have some stake in the family fortune such as stock options.

Regardless of who is in power, they're all connected with ppl in high places. Y didn't they use that influence to counter Moratti's this summer?
This is the main question, I guess. Why didn't they do something?
Or better, why did they start with making their lawyer ask for a penalized B (!!), then decided to appeal to Tar, saying they couldn't accept be treated that way and then, at the last moment, retired the appeal and erased 2 scudetti even from the bus?
Why? They had the power, the money and, most importantly, the right to fight back. Why didn't they appeal at least to Tas? Why didn't they? Or, better, why didn't Montezeomolo do this?
Has this maybe something to do with the hundreds millions of €uro Ferrari got from Telecom to have them as new sponsor? Nothing, everything? Who knows, I hope there is another explanation.

thanx 4 these valuable info's but i didn't understand one thing, which is y Andrea didn't take any actions yet ?
For the time being he can't do much, since the verdicts say that "his" managers are at fault. I guess he has to wait for the appeals (Moggi's and Giraudo's) to Tar and, maybe, to the European court. If Giraudo and Moggi will be acquitted, he'll claim back what's his or will try to, anyway.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
This is the main question, I guess. Why didn't they do something?
Or better, why did they start with making their lawyer ask for a penalized B (!!), then decided to appeal to Tar, saying they couldn't accept be treated that way and then, at the last moment, retired the appeal and erased 2 scudetti even from the bus?
Why? They had the power, the money and, most importantly, the right to fight back. Why didn't they appeal at least to Tas? Why didn't they? Or, better, why didn't Montezeomolo do this?
Has this maybe something to do with the hundreds millions of €uro Ferrari got from Telecom to have them as new sponsor? Nothing, everything? Who knows, I hope there is another explanation.

For the time being he can't do much, since the verdicts say that "his" managers are at fault. I guess he has to wait for the appeals (Moggi's and Giraudo's) to Tar and, maybe, to the European court. If Giraudo and Moggi will be acquitted, he'll claim back what's his or will try to, anyway.
since you r an italian, who from these two families are in control regardless Juve in general.

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
since you r an italian, who from these two families are in control regardless Juve in general.

To be fair, both Andrea and John (together with other members of the family) sit at the IFI board, but since John is the IFIL's and Fiat's vice president and since he's under the wing of Montezemolo (president of Fiat, Ferrari, Confindustria and much more), it's surely him the one who holds more power.

Apr 12, 2004
I hear the smart ones put it in the toes and in the corners of the eyes....but I've only heard....from claire.....and she showed me.......on me.......then raped me...... I made that up....but seriously, I did hear that.....school and all.... :shifty:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Lapo may be a juventino, which is why I won't all out root for his drug o.d., but he's an embarassment to juventini nonetheless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)