Lacking Skill? (1 Viewer)

Alex

May 1, 2004
Does anyone agree that our team compared to our serie A and CL rivals lacks skillful, creative players. In the past our team has pulled through because of our organisation and discipline. But now we don't even have those qualities- just look at our defence.

Signing Kapo was a good start but what we need is a technically superior team. I haven't seen Juve play a good passing game in years, simply because we can't with our current players. Sure this means were hard to beat but as weve seen so far its hard for us to win.

Our current team lacks a player who in offense can take on more than his marker- ie. a Henry, or a Zidane etc

Buy on AliExpress.com

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Del Piero, Mutu, Emerson, Zambrotta, Camo, Kapa all play with flair. The coach just needs to utilize all their excitement; something Lippi no longer had control of.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
A good post by alex, and it is true some of your points. But i dont agree that it is because of the players, DP, Mutu, Nedved, Camoranesi are all creative and technical players.

The problem is the style/philosopy. Juve has recently been well organized and with dicipline, and hard physical style. But that aint anymore. I think Capello will get things to work after a while, develop a new "style".
A more offensive style, he is a much more offensive minded coach than Lippi. Then our technical players like DP,Mutu,Miccoli,Camoranesi could use their skills better.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
:undecide: But how many of Mutu, DP and Miccoli will be on the field same time?!

Yes, we are quite a bit behind of AC and Inter in this section, but with good formation and tactics (Capello can handle it...) it shouldn't be that big problem...

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
IMO Tacchi is still good, he just need someone much more creative with him... So Tacchi-Emo partnership will do just fine... :cool:

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
Tacchi is crap IMO, he's just not good enough. No techique, no speed, no brains and all fouls. Can't see the point in having him in a team that wants to challenge for glory.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Tacchi is the only player who really gives everything, night after night... He has some major weaknesses, but he still manages to stay on top level and that's something to admire... Respect to dear old Tacchi!!

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
I'm with you Nekton!

I just hope Emerson can drag Tacchi along with him. I'm disappointed Maresca went because Emerson and Maresca in midfield would have been good, Emerson and Tacchi is slightly too defensive in my mind.

I just hope Capello doesn't have Lippi's loyalty to Tacchi, Lippi would play him no matter what. At least if he's crap again this season, hopefully Capello will have the sense to not play him.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Well. Tacchi has his moments I guess......but hopefully this new partnership (Emo-Tacchi) will work out fine.....

Sure, its a pity that Maresca left.....Emo-Enzo would've been an awesome partnership....

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Well, he has his moments....he sometimes scores winning goals late in the game with a long-range strike...;)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Tacchi might not be the best player out there, but he certainly isn't a liabilty.

He has a lot of flaws, but he also has some quality's Blasi doesn't have:

Leadership, experience, an okay through ball and positioning.

Blasi imo is a bit like Appiah runs around like a headless chicken. Although both have great potential. Juve's centralmidfield is the last thing we should worry about.
Except that (like Monkfish wrote) Maresca should have played in the centre of the midfield for us in 04/05.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
yeah, we lack heaps of skil and creativity. del piero and miccoli are really the only CREATIVE players as such who can put through good balls to the forwards etc...zambrotta is a great winger no doubt. nedved is powerful, has some creativity but is limited. Kapo is ok, has a lot to prove though.

mutu and jankulovski if signed would add a lot IMO.

OP
Alex

Alex

May 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #17
    I bet Capello will ask for an attacking mid/playmaker as well as a CB.

Jun 4, 2004
    I was think a nother Attacker! We need one more to fill hole Di Vaio left!! A CB is must! We dont have depth, quality there!
    Legrottaglie good for Own goals!
    Montero good for a heart attack!
    Thuram (think he will be CD) is good! :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Our team lacks creativity. Nedved is certainly not a creative player, and last year nobody else had the imagination to make great passes and keep hold of the ball. Hopefully with Emerson he'll add some creativity and spark to the midfield.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    emerson will only add great defensive midfield work and extra bite in our midfield. Dont expect him to be super offensive or creative, he isnt that player. unless he got some lessons off fellow brazilian Ronaldinho over night:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)