La Liga (5 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I actually watched the game which was thoroughly entertaining. Both sides played attacking football and struck the wood work with free kicks in the 1st half. Kovacevic also headed a De Pedro corner onto the wood work,but the best chance of the 1st half fell to Atletico when they were awarded a dubious penalty. But Westerveld,who was one of my candidates for man of the match,pushed Correa's spot kick around the post.

The 2nd half started dramatically,with Sociedad taking the lead after just 1 minute when Tayfun easily converted a De Pedro cross. 2 minutes later however,Atletico were level courtesy of Luis Garcia's fine finish. Both sides continued to push forward and the league leaders took the lead from a powerful Kovacevic header following some good wing play.

Atletico then took the initiative in search of an equaliser,but despite the majority of the possession that equaliser did not come.:down:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Zidane gets away with murder

Real Madrid’s Zinedine Zidane has been accused of aggressive behaviour on the football pitch and getting away with it. Seville’s captain Pablo Alfaro said, “Zidane has a special ability and is a superb player, but referees let him get away with far too much.” The ex-Juve favourite agrees saying, “It’s true I could have been booked recently but the ref chose to ignore my actions.”

football italia

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
forza kovacevic!
:touched: you can say that again!

i really hope soceidad win the title this year. obelix (ronaldo) says that they will eventually slip and madrid will take advantage, but if sociedad keep playing this way, there's no stopping them. forza soceidad:)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Van Gaal finally left Barca !!

It seems that Carles Rexach will take the job as caretaker coach until the end of the season (again!).

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Was he sacked or did he leave on his own? Barça is in a too big financial crisis to be paying him and his assistants if he's out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)