La Liga 2019/20 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Which winning coach are they turning down? They like going for domestic unproven coaches nowadays.

Are you pretending Valverde is some kind of winning coach? He is not even close to a top coach. Winning La Liga with Barca is not hard, more so when Real Madrid barely focus on the league during his time and Barca just better equipped domestically. But it's a fact Valverde has made Barca a worse team, and not only should he be fired but should never been hired.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
What has this world come to? There's not a single fanbase of a big club that values winning and trophies anymore. Just style and entertainment propaganda.
i think thats moreso the plastic fans who dont really have a team and think arsenal is good because of highlights of them putting 6 past some europa league team.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Which winning coach are they turning down? They like going for domestic unproven coaches nowadays.

Are you pretending Valverde is some kind of winning coach? He is not even close to a top coach. Winning La Liga with Barca is not hard, more so when Real Madrid barely focus on the league during his time and Barca just better equipped domestically. But it's a fact Valverde has made Barca a worse team, and not only should he be fired but should never been hired.
Allegri.

Which I don't mind btw, I don't want him there, just saying.

Valverde won 6 trophies before he went to Barca and won MOTY as Bilbao coach.

Not a world beater but I don't remember anyone top being available when he was hired.

- - - Updated - - -

i think thats moreso the plastic fans who dont really have a team and think arsenal is good because of highlights of them putting 6 past some europa league team.
Nah man, I've been following more teams and fans on social media, forums etc. for work this year and Arsenal fans wanted Ljungberg and Arteta, Bayern fans wanted Rose and Nagelsmann, Chelsea wanted Lampard last summer, Barca now want Xavi, Setien, Pimienta, United fans want Ole, if not him then Poch, Rose, Nagelsmann, etc etc.

And I'm not following a few people, just search twitter for Allegri, Simeone, Ancelotti, Conte, Deschamps and search for those names above. It's an epidemic.

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Your problem has little do with Football, but the fact you work in social media. Exposed too much to a insignificantly miniature version of the world that's just cesspool of idiocy. And give it more importance then it's worth.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Your problem has little do with Football, but the fact you work in social media. Exposed too much to a insignificantly miniature version of the world that's just cesspool of idiocy. And give it more importance then it's worth.
It's certainly a bigger sample than any you can have in real world. I'm not sure on what I'm supposed to measure it than my own experience with thousands of people. Idk thousands of people privately and personally, maybe you do, but this thing is not for a debate based on what I've seen over the past few months and especially during the last season with Allegri. Insults and complaints Juventini had on him were nothing compared to these other teams. Most of those 'real' people have internet and social media, you can go on the street, you can go to a stadium and I'm pretty sure you'd get the same results.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2015
Not really, Valverde should have been fired 1 to 2 years ago when he had back to back huge choke jobs in CL. Overstayed his tenure. Barca been more patient then they should been. Super mediocre coach.

Some of the Barca management needs to be fired too, since they hired him and has had extremely mediocre transfer mercatos for past 5 years.

I'm not qualified to evaluate this Setien guy, whether it's too risky or foolish etc, but Valverde himself was picked up from a mid table Villareal so not much different there (except Villareal were pragmatic counter attacking team, while this Betis play quite Spanish flair and fancy footie lol). Barca have run out of in house Cule coaches so they go for whoever thats flavour of the season in La Liga.
*Bilbao

They actually played quite expansive football under Valverde.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
*Bilbao

They actually played quite expansive football under Valverde.
Agreed. He may have been wrong for the job and in over his head but these same fans and media literally bullied him into giving up the formation he was playing his whole life and made his name with and then complained it didn't work.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
It's certainly a bigger sample than any you can have in real world. I'm not sure on what I'm supposed to measure it than my own experience with thousands of people. Idk thousands of people privately and personally, maybe you do, but this thing is not for a debate based on what I've seen over the past few months and especially during the last season with Allegri. Insults and complaints Juventini had on him were nothing compared to these other teams. Most of those 'real' people have internet and social media, you can go on the street, you can go to a stadium and I'm pretty sure you'd get the same results.
idk. Everyone behaves like an asshole on the internet, but very often that doesn't translate to how people talk/behave in real life.

Jun 6, 2015
I've to some degree noticed the same thing as @IlCapitano. Seeking for change isn't something that only happens in football though. People want to picture a "better" future. These young coaches give people hope of a better future. In many ways it reminds me of the political phenomenon where a person comes from outside of politics and is viewed as a savior. They are still pure and haven't failed peoples expectations.

For example for United fans the likes of Van Gaal and Mourinho were the proof that there needs to be a shakeup and a conventional top coach can't turn their team around. Solskjaer is/was the symbol of hope. It certainly seems like a popular choice to go with a club legend and just hope for the best. It worked for Barca with Pep, why not with us? Perhaps Rashford turns into Messi and McTominay into Xavi.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
lol apparantly alot of Betis supporters were pretty fed up with him towards the end, extremely stubborn, would lose games and never take responsibility
"football lost today" or some version of that quote was said when he lost :lol: imagine anyone saying that seriously

Valverde should have been gone last season, but they decided to keep him, they are still 1st in La Liga, so its odd to sack a manager after losing a meaningless game in Saudi Arabia, guess they missed out on alot of money but failing to have a classico there.

The timing is odd, at least give him the season, then you might have a better selection of managers, im sure this bloke was not fielding many offers, no need to rush to get him.
As always, hope they fail miserably, Barca fans are such smug pricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)