La Liga 2017/18 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2013
It looks like Suarez has really begun to decline this season :(

Shame only player to reach and at some points surpass Messi and Ronaldo's level

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

His international career is 100x superior to Messi and Ronaldo.

- - - Updated - - -

Kicked Engerland out the Worldcup at 50% fitness.

- - - Updated - - -

Beautiful goal vs Madrid ending title hopes in 2015.

May 23, 2013
Friendly reminder that Ronaldo won the Euros
:lol:
You cant compare Ronaldo's performance in that Euros to Suarez's 2011 Copa in anyway. Suarez was player of the tournament, scored the only two goals in the semis and the winning goal against Paraguay in the final. Dont you dare fucking compare Ronaldo's Euro 2016 to that, buddy scored in two games out the tournament and didnt even play in the final that Portugal won without him :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

love Forlan but I cant agree with that.

Suarez>Foran=Cavani

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Don't you dare do it, Igor.

Don't. you. dare.

didn't someone post an infographic showing almost all of Ronaldo's international goals have come in qualifying games against crap teams and there is a list comprised of like every big international team that he hasn't scored against which contained pretty much every big international team

May 23, 2013
Don't you dare do it, Igor.

Don't. you. dare.

didn't someone post an infographic showing almost all of Ronaldo's international goals have come in qualifying games against crap teams and there is a list comprised of like every big international team that he hasn't scored against which contained pretty much every big international team
The biggest team has scored against is Netherlands in 2012 who finished behind Denmark in that Euros

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Kicked Engerland out the Worldcup at 50% fitness.

- - - Updated - - -

Beautiful goal vs Madrid ending title hopes in 2015.
Good, hope he ends up in obscurity. Fucking rat bastard.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

lol. can you send over some of that shit youve been smoking? i want to be young and crazy again

- - - Updated - - -

oh boy

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
RONALDO: I’M THE BEST PLAYER IN HISTORY

After drawing level with Lionel Messi in terms of Ballons d'Or won, the Portuguese says that he's "never seen anyone better than" himself
Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has branded himself the greatest player in the history of the game.
He picked up his fifth Ballon d’Or on Thursday, equalling the record of his great rival Lionel Messi.

Ronaldo was the runaway winner of the gong, picking up the prize for the second year in succession.

“I’m the best player in history, in the good moments and the bad ones,” he told France Football, the magazine that organises the award.
“I respect everyone’s preferences, but I’ve never seen anyone better than me. I have always thought that. No footballer can do the things I can. There’s no player more complete than me. I play well with both feet, I’m quick, powerful, good with the head, I score goals, I make assists. There are guys who prefer Neymar or Messi. But I tell you: there’s no-one more complete than me.

“No-one has won as many individual trophies as me. And I’m not speaking just of the Ballon d’Or. That says something, doesn’t it? It’s not just a result of the work I do in the gym, like some people think. It’s the sum of many things. Legends like Floyd Mayweather and LeBron James don’t get to their perfect level by chance. Many factors coincide. To be at the top and to stay there, you have to have more talent than the others.”
Ronaldo admitted that at one stage of his career he was “demotivated” and did not even want to go to the ceremonies when Messi was getting the better of him on an annual basis.
“I won the Ballon d’Or before Messi, then he overtook me and won four in a row,” he said. “I’m not going to hide from you that I was sad and angry. I went to the award ceremonies and I never won. At one point, I was even demotivated. I had no desire to go. To be there for the photo didn’t interest me.
“Then, little by little, thanks to those close to me, I told myself that in life there is a beginning and an end. And in football what counts is the finish, not the start. I was patient. And I won four other Ballons d’Or.”
He says success on the big stage allowed him to win this award, but admitted that claiming the award again next season will be a tricky task.

“I knew that if I won the Champions League I would have taken a step closer to a fifth Ballon d’Or. We won and I was the top scorer in the competition again. And what’s more, I scored twice in the final. That was the key,” he said.
“I don’t know if I can win a sixth next year. There are so many competitions to play in the next year with Real, then the World Cup with Portugal.
“That World Cup will be crucial in the running of the Ballon d’Or. Imagine Real win the Champions league again and I’m the top scorer but have a mediocre World Cup. Or the other way around.

“Winning the league won’t be enough, the stakes are higher.”
Ronaldo will next be in action on Saturday, when Madrid tackle Sevilla in La Liga, with the Portuguese aiming to add to the two goals he has scored so far in the competition this term.
He has fared rather better in Europe, however, becoming the first player to score in all six group stage matches as Zinedine Zidane’s men qualified as runners-up to Tottenham in Group H.
gotta agree with the GOAT here

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Does what Lebron does? Do you mean choke multiple times in finals, defect to Miami to win a couple of NBA titles? :howler:

He did deliver on his promise to deliver a title to Cleveland, but he's NEVER winning another championship again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)