La Liga 2017/18 (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2013
exactly. as great as Ronaldo and Messi are, they arent winning multiple CLs if they played on teams like inter or Liverpool, they both needed the most star studded teams to win 3 CL each at Madrid and Barca (and a lot of luck/help from refs). they arent carrying, just contributing to their teams success. i asked you a question like this because normally, when someone makes a statement like that, they claim Messi carries Barcelona and Argentina while Ronaldo is being carried by great teammates. luckily you arent one of those
Yup its absolutely ridiculous to claim that either one has carried their teams. This is the era of super clubs where about 5 teams are stacked from top to bottom with elite players in every position. Both Ronaldo and Messi have spent the last decades on teams like that and what inflates their numbers so high is these teams are geared to get the best out of these two specifically. I guess you could say that speaks to the quality which they have.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yup Madrid has always been a shit team that Ronaldo has had to carry. Who the fuck are Modric, Kroos, Ramos, Casemiero, Di Maria, Pepe, Navas, Isco, Carvajal, and Bale? Just a bunch of shite players who Ronaldo made.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll reserve my judgement on Atletico til Diego Costa gets to play with them. I think Griezmann needs a proper #9 with him, he's stranded up front.
:agree: and statistically, Ronaldo had one of his worst season at Madrid in 2016/17. They are more than just Ronaldo. Star-studded team from top to bottom.

May 23, 2013
:agree: and statistically, Ronaldo had one of his worst season at Madrid in 2016/17. They are more than just Ronaldo. Star-studded team from top to bottom.
Exactly that team had players on their bench that pretty much any other team in football would die for (James, Asensio).

Also I cant think of a midfield (other than MVPP ofcourse) that could rival Modric, Kroos, Isco, and Casemiero. Ridiculous.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
They weakened their team significantly from last season

Didn't bring much players in if I remember correctly

They are just resting on their laurels from last season, but in modern football you can't really afford to do that at the highest level

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Ronaldo is reliant on Madrid to create chances for him.

As soon as the team is going through a bad patch Ronaldo is not able to drag them out of it because he's not that kind of player to make the plays happen from midfield and carry the ball forward

Give him the chances and he puts out astonishing numbers so I don't think Ronaldo is declining it's more to do with the team not being as dominant as before

I've seen him play a couple of times this season and even though he wasn't scoring he was still looking like their most dangerous player by far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)