La Liga 2017/18 (26 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
He and Messi do not have a World Cup..................
And I don't think either of them is going to win it, Messi's Argentina can't even win in SA while Ronaldo's Portugal needed some extreme luck and counterattacking to grease their way to European champions, not going to happen for them again any time soon I believe

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Zidane, baggio etc single handedly dragged their countries to wc finals, but these supposedly 2 extraterrestrial footballers can't? Or is it actually their achievements were largerly due to their overpowered clubs? And thus their personal abilities are over rated?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Zidane, baggio etc single handedly dragged their countries to wc finals, but these supposedly 2 extraterrestrial footballers can't? Or is it actually their achievements were largerly due to their overpowered clubs? And thus their personal abilities are over rated?
Messi did drag Argentina, no?

May 23, 2013
Dragged them to what exactly? Messi was largely irrelevant in the knockouts last time around, and Argentina made it to the final in spite of him, not because of him.
TBF he did drag them out the gs. Though he was okay in the 16 and quarter and very poor in the semis and final and thats the most important part of the tournament.

But if you are gonna say Argentina made it in spite of Messi than Portugal DEFINITELY made it in spite of Ronaldo in 2016.

- - - Updated - - -

Yessir.

The fact that niether has had a tournament at the level of Forlan 2010 says allot.

- - - Updated - - -

And I don't think either of them is going to win it, Messi's Argentina can't even win in SA while Ronaldo's Portugal needed some extreme luck and counterattacking to grease their way to European champions, not going to happen for them again any time soon I believe
I think Argentina has a good chance at the next WC. But because their coach is Sampaoli not because they have Messi.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
TBF he did drag them out the gs. Though he was okay in the 16 and quarter and very poor in the semis and final and thats the most important part of the tournament.

But if you are gonna say Argentina made it in spite of Messi than Portugal DEFINITELY made it in spite of Ronaldo in 2016.

- - - Updated - - -

Yessir.

The fact that niether has had a tournament at the level of Forlan 2010 says allot.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Argentina has a good chance at the next WC. But because their coach is Sampaoli not because they have Messi.
I'd go further and say that neither has had a tournament at the level of 2004 Milan Baroš :D

May 23, 2013
Barcelona sell Neymar and get Coutinho and Dembele for his money.

We sell Pogba for 150 mil less and get fucking Higuain :lol::sergio: WTF

- - - Updated - - -

I'd go further and say that neither has had a tournament at the level of 2004 Milan Baroš :D
No no no stop it. Cristina dragged Portugal to a Euros win in 2016 by scoring in 2 games throughout the competition and playing 20 mins in the final. Greatest individual tourney in the history of football, absolutely shits on Maradona 86.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Ronaldo:
La Liga: 4 in 13
CL: 9 in 6

How tf does that work lmao.
Look at the details.

Real Madrid CL group:
Tottenham
Dortmund
Apoel

Now on paper it looks tricky, but Dortmund were not great this season and Apoel was always going to concede.
Ronaldo scored 4 goals against Apoel, 3 against Dortmund who underperformed and sacked their manager midseason.

Against Tottenham he scored penalty at home and late goal in 3-1 defeat at Wembley.

Also in general Real show up for CL. Its easier to lift game for CL for them in terms of priorities.

May 23, 2013
18 games gone
Madrid 4th
5 points behind Valencia in 3rd
1 point ahead of Villareal in 5th (game in hand)

WHO THE FUCK WOULD HAVE PREDICTED THIS

Wish I saw the whole game but thankfully caught the last 10 mins when Villareal scored.

May 23, 2013
Look at the details.

Real Madrid CL group:
Tottenham
Dortmund
Apoel

Now on paper it looks tricky, but Dortmund were not great this season and Apoel was always going to concede.
Ronaldo scored 4 goals against Apoel, 3 against Dortmund who underperformed and sacked their manager midseason.

Against Tottenham he scored penalty at home and late goal in 3-1 defeat at Wembley.

Also in general Real show up for CL. Its easier to lift game for CL for them in terms of priorities.
But Dortmund would still finish around 6th in La Liga and Apoel midtable. He's facing the chump sides in La Liga weekly and still not scoring. Weird thing going with the Portuguese duo of Ronalod and Milans guy Andre Silva.

- - - Updated - - -

Their "defending" when they conceded, you should look forward to see it.
Casemiero, Kroos, and Modric nowhere to be found on that counter :lol:

Man but that chip by Pablo Fornals was a beauty.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Dragged them to what exactly? Messi was largely irrelevant in the knockouts last time around, and Argentina made it to the final in spite of him, not because of him.
How was Zidane more relevant?
Fra-Para 1-0 aet Blanc
Fra-Ita 0:0 aet pen win
Fra-Cro 2:1 Thuram show

Ffs France had a good team in 98. Thuram, Desaily, Pires, Deschamps, Vieira, Lizarazu. Trez and Henry were young but part of squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)