La Juve ferma Del Piero (EDIT: DP Out for 2 weeks) (1 Viewer)

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    I suppose the only thing that's important to know is that he won't play for at least two weeks.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    ah, ok cheers. Mind if I rename the thread? :)
    Already done Tom.

Could I remind people that they're supposed to post in English? If you don't think you're up to translating something, post it in Italian (or whatever) and then add the Babelfish translation.

Romano

May 22, 2004
    Voetbal: Achillespeesblessure velt Del Piero
    Donderdag 30 September 2004

TURIJN (ANP) - Alessandro del Piero kan de komende weken niet voetballen. De aanvaller van Juventus heeft last van een achillespeesblessure. De international mist daardoor ook de komende WK-kwalificatieduels van Italië, tegen Slovenië en Wit-Rusland.

----------------------------

Football : Achilles injury Del Piero
    Thursday 30 September 2004

Turin (-) - Alessandro Del Piero can't play the next few weaks. The Juventus attacker is hurt on a achillesinjury. The international also misses the next WC-qualificationgames from Italy, against Slovenia and Belarus

---

This is it, Del Piero injured, damn.... mayb we see more of Zalayeta :p

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

Already done Tom.

Could I remind people that they're supposed to post in English? If you don't think you're up to translating something, post it in Italian (or whatever) and then add the Babelfish translation.
    I know, but it wasn't exactly a hard translation.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
    I know, but it wasn't exactly a hard translation.
    It is if you don't speak a word of Italian. I recognise the words "medico", "la", "capitano", "all'achilleo", "Nazionale". And that's with hindsight. The rules are there for a reason: in this case to ensure we can all read what you post.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

It is if you don't speak a word of Italian. I recognise the words "medico", "la", "capitano", "all'achilleo", "Nazionale". And that's with hindsight. The rules are there for a reason: in this case to ensure we can all read what you post.
    Well, sorry then, I don't speak Italian either, but I do understand what they say here and most of the time I understand what they say in La Gazzetta as well.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    Injury blow for Del Piero
    Thursday 30 September, 2004

Alessandro Del Piero’s difficulties continue after he was ruled out of action for the next two weeks.

The Juventus ace is struggling with a tendon problem in his left ankle that will require 15 days of specific training.

The No 10 has therefore been ruled out of Sunday’s trip to Udinese but also Italy’s World Cup qualifiers against Slovenia and Belarus.

Del Piero hasn’t particularly impressed so far this term and this setback is just the latest blow for the captain.

He’s struggled for form, with David Trezeguet and Zlatan Ibrahimovic often out-performing him in Turin.

The Italian ace, who was dropped for Wednesday’s 1-0 win over Maccabi, has been suffering with the tendon problem for a number of weeks now.

He first picked up the injury during the 1-0 win over Moldova on September 8 when he scored the only goal.

Del Piero could return to first team action for the Bianconeri in their Week 6 clash against Messina.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses for DP, but if he has had this tendon problem for this long no wonder he's struggling. I didn't quite get what Moggi said yesterday about Alex playing well before his injury because he only showed his ability against Ajax since the start of the season, but I didn't know that Del Piero suffered the injury against Moldova.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)