La Juve ferma Del Piero (EDIT: DP Out for 2 weeks) (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
Zalayeta is great , i really think he's great , i know some of you might laugh but to me he's always doing great job !
I actually agree with you :)

A technically limited player perhaps, but with some strenghts provided we play to them, and he always puts in the full effort unlike, well all our other strikers

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
It is if you don't speak a word of Italian. I recognise the words "medico", "la", "capitano", "all'achilleo", "Nazionale". And that's with hindsight. The rules are there for a reason: in this case to ensure we can all read what you post.
First of all, providing a loose English translation at least would be pretty helpful, yes. But to expect only English posts? This is an Italian team in Serie A, afterall.

Not to discriminate against those who don't speak Italian, but I personally appreciate the occasional post in Italian here. Translations are typically inexact, and I don't just mean the round-trip Babelfish test (my first paragraph, for example: "In the first place, to supply a translation in loosened English would be at least enough useful, yes. But in order to only preview the English starter shafts? That is one Italian square in Series To, afterall."). I also mean the nuances of language and context.

And you can't really expect to function all too well as a juventino without learning a little of your way around the language. It's not like the posts in Danish. The Italian is appropriate and even educational at times.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

First of all, providing a loose English translation at least would be pretty helpful, yes. But to expect only English posts? This is an Italian team in Serie A, afterall.

Not to discriminate against those who don't speak Italian, but I personally appreciate the occasional post in Italian here. Translations are typically inexact, and I don't just mean the round-trip Babelfish test (my first paragraph, for example: "In the first place, to supply a translation in loosened English would be at least enough useful, yes. But in order to only preview the English starter shafts? That is one Italian square in Series To, afterall."). I also mean the nuances of language and context.

And you can't really expect to function all too well as a juventino without learning a little of your way around the language. It's not like the posts in Danish. The Italian is appropriate and even educational at times.

plus if you dont know italian you cannot enjoy all the shows about italian football (mostly what errors the ref made)

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #44

Exactly. Besides I'm not a native Italian speaker either, but I do understand practically everything that is said. I could have translated it with the right nuances, but I thought "Juventus is an Italian team, so every fan will probably at least know a bit Italian".

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    I really hope that when he comes back....he will be at his best again...to contribute to our team.... I thought he played very well against Moldova...didn't know that he was injured...

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
    Zalayeta is great , i really think he's great , i know some of you might laugh but to me he's always doing great job !
    I know...he is a good replacement....never complains if is dropped on the bench...but when he gets his chance to play....always plays alright...sometimes he scores too....so I think he is good for Juve....;)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Yea Zayaleta is a good replacement. Although he is always benched, but when he is in the pitch, he does what he needs to do.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Did you just agree with me, then disagree with yourself? The odd post in Italian isn't a problem, but yes, a translation, even a very loose one, is preferable to no transalation at all.

Seven, it's not realistic to expect everyone to know some Italian. Most people here know two or three languages well, and typically one is their local language, and the other is English.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    a quick quote from c4's anglo angle:

Neville hails Del Piero

England defender Gary Neville claims that Juventus’ Alessandro Del Piero is the most difficult opponent he has ever played against. "When I faced Del Piero he was playing on the left side for Juve," said the Manchester United fullback. "I could never seem to get near him and he kept dragging me all over the place. Zinedine Zidane was another who give me problems."

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    a quick quote from c4's anglo angle:

Neville hails Del Piero

England defender Gary Neville claims that Juventus’ Alessandro Del Piero is the most difficult opponent he has ever played against. "When I faced Del Piero he was playing on the left side for Juve," said the Manchester United fullback. "I could never seem to get near him and he kept dragging me all over the place. Zinedine Zidane was another who give me problems."
    thanks Neville for praising our captain, but i doubt if there's any player in the world, who can't fool him on the pitch.:D

marwan

Oct 11, 2004
    i think that stuart is right , i think that its a excuse saying that DP is injuried
    tho he is my favorit player but he didnt play a good much since almost 6 months
    Get back DP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)