Kwadwo Asamoah (4 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He did some mistakes but he was ok, we had an easy opponent also but maybe he can get going one way or another playing in that role again.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I didn't watch the game, only read a few posts on live thread where he was absolutely terrible, then I come to this thread and he was good.

Which one is it?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Decent game considering how little he has played.

He is still rusty but it was encouraging. He needs games, I think he should play 90 mins on Wednesday.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
His passing was shid. His athetism wasnt that bad un comparison of what he as been showing this season.

Lets hope he can replace evra until we find a better LB

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I didn't watch the game, only read a few posts on live thread where he was absolutely terrible, then I come to this thread and he was good.

Which one is it?
Overall he was solid, much better than any game Evra has played in this year. Just that he misplaced a few passes and made a few unforced errors.

More reliable than Evra as a backup imo.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Asamoah: 'Missing AFCON for Juventus’
By Football Italia staff

Kwadwo Asamoah admits “it was hard give up” the Africa Cup of Nations but “I wanted to stay and help Juventus”.

The Ghanaian was expected to miss January due to the tournament, but opted not to accept a call-up for the Black Stars.

“It was hard to give up,” Asamoah admitted in an interview with JTV.

“The Coach [Avram Grant] and the President of the Federation [Kwesi Nyantakyi] called me many times, and I told them how much I’d have liked to go.

“I’ve had a lot of problems over the last two years though and right now I need to train and play as much as possible.

“I’m glad, because I wanted to stay here, work, and help the team.”

Juve are looking to win the Champions League this season, but Asamoah warns the Old Lady can’t afford to be distracted.

“There will be time for the Champions League, but in the meantime there’s the League which is different than usual because so many teams are doing well like Roma, Napoli and Milan.

“The Coppa Italia? We’re facing a top team [Atalanta] who are having a great season and play a lot of Italians.

“It won’t be easy, but our objective is to reach the final again this year, and we’ll face them with the utmost concentration.”

----

That's my boy. Fuck the AFCON and keep working hard, it will soon pay off.

Apr 9, 2015
I still have believe that he can reach his pre-injury level. His main problem is passing at the moment and not lost of athleticsm (what mostly of the times is with injuries he had). If he reach himself to his old level he is more than a reliable back-up.

Forza Kwadwo! :D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Doesnt matter. Its a huge decision for players to do this. Its a huge deal for african players to represent their nation's in the afcon.

Forza kwandwo
After all he has went thru, i would have prefered to keep my job in the end. representing your country , we all know what that means for any player...but the thing is that he has been sidelined for so long and without much chance to play. I think his priority this year is to find rhytm and to see what he can do in Juventus first. If he went to AFCON, not fit enought , only to be defeated and finding at his return no chances to play and utlimately be sold, i think it would have been not worth it.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I still have believe that he can reach his pre-injury level. His main problem is passing at the moment and not lost of athleticsm (what mostly of the times is with injuries he had). If he reach himself to his old level he is more than a reliable back-up.

Forza Kwadwo! :D
I agree, I think he could make a comeback. He's only 28. Even if it takes a year he could have a good maybe 3-4 left.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)