Kwadwo Asamoah (11 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Hmm. I guess that would play a part.
Still, that couldn't be the only reason, could it?

Then again, he went from playing once every 3 or so weeks to being (close to) a starter. Maybe he's not able to deal with that.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
The most surprising thing about him is his physicality which seems to have deteriorated so badly. I bet even Giovinco can outmuscle this Asamoah.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
He's ok as a fringe/complementary backup player who will play once in a while.

Not OK as a rotation player who starts big games. Allegri missed, but the responsibility here is on Marotta. You look at the squad names and the weakness is very clear at the midfield.

Apr 19, 2007
He's ok as a fringe/complementary backup player who will play once in a while.

Not OK as a rotation player who starts big games. Allegri missed, but the responsibility here is on Marotta. You look at the squad names and the weakness is very clear at the midfield.
What midfielder who iis a starter do you think the big weakness is? Marchisio,Khedira or Pjanic?

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
What midfielder who iis a starter do you think the big weakness is? Marchisio,Khedira or Pjanic?
Marchisio is a questionmark at this point, he's coming from a very important injury. The weakness starts there.

In that midfield, Pjanic has to show he can contribute to defense also, even as a CM, specially because Khedira does a lot of runs and leaves us uncovered. So that's another questionmark and possible weakness: the defensive input of these guys.

And we know Khedira could get injured any time, so that's another weakness right there.

If these 3 work well together - a possibility - we'd still need depth, as Lemina is the only good sub to me. Hernanes, Asamoah and Sturaro, even if he can be useful sometimes in some certain situations, all amount to poor depth if you ask me. That's another weakness.

Enough weaknesses for you?

- - - Updated - - -

So basically, we have yet to see if Marchisio - Pjanic - Khedira will be healthy and if they will work well together, as defense could be left unprotected.

And our depth is poor. As I said, it's a very general opinion that the midfield situation is not satisfatory. This was admitted by Allegri, when he said in preseason that he was waiting for one or even two signings for the position, and by Marotta himself when he was desperately trying to sign a high profile mid, just to fail in the end.

Apr 19, 2007
All im saying is we have the same backups as e had last year and years previous. We didnt lose much depth gplayers. So what is the weakness? Our starting mids and if our ability to stay healthy is an issue than we need a quality starting backup. Was it addressed? Not really i agree. But as of right now its not fair to really comment to much because of two factores

1. Allegri is very cautious with new players coming into the starting 11 right away. You have seen this with Dybala,Higuain,Cuads, Pjanic, Sandro etc. So as of right now we are missing two starters in the midfield out of our 3. Pjanic and Marchisio. If we were missing any of our starting CB who are also injusry prone than we would be in trouble at the back as well even with our high quality of depth. A crisis like the midfield? No but we would still be starting Rugani who hasnt proven much.

2. Our midfield wasnt addressed but we dont need as much spark from the idfield into the attack due to key signings to link the two together. Higuain,Pjaca and Cuadss all have the ability to contribute to that as well as Alves a little bit. So are we struggling to link the two? YES Did we bring in mids to do this? Not really we only brought in Pjanic who should help a ton and was a great digning in theory. If witsel was here we could quite possibly be starting the same 11. Do you think the Witsel would have been picked over Pjanic? NO so its more of a patience with the amount of new attacking and link up players getting integrated more than CM ability

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)