Kwadwo Asamoah (16 Viewers)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
We made a couple off individual errors and our mediocre attack cost us, in particular when Vucinic missed the first leg and we had to play the dreadful Quag-Matri duo.

I didn't see us crushed, unless you just go by the scoreline. If we're going to be realistic we should also add some context.
We weren't crushed, but we never shown we could even slightly threaten their defense, and that's not just because of our average attack.

Our game play is easy to read. Everything goes through Pirlo, and when it won't, it's from our wings. Our left side is dead by default, so press Licht and it's back to square one yet again. Now yes, this could have been improved by a better forward who could make better runs off the ball and someone with a better physical presence next to their defense.

Teams who press us at the back tend to pin us down, almost easily.

Buy on AliExpress.com

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
We weren't crushed, but we never shown we could even slightly threaten their defense, and that's not just because of our average attack.

Our game play is easy to read. Everything goes through Pirlo, and when it won't, it's from our wings. Our left side is dead by default, so press Licht and it's back to square one yet again. Now yes, this could have been improved by a better forward who could make better runs off the ball and someone with a better physical presence next to their defense.

These are just disadvantages of 3-5-2 which easily becomes 5-3-2 when we're pressed by other team. In return we never try to press but instead we drop back deep and sometimes way too deep. This way we're so easily pinned down.

People have too much expectations when it comes to our wing backs. In 3-5-2 they will never work as some here suppose them to. They have no backup on the wings and that's why they're mostly defensive. In attack they can't succeed because often they're outnumbered and have no backup. One player being on the wing is easily covered. In formations with two players on each wing Licht and Asamoah would rock with decent backup. They could play some one-twos or just make some runs forward. In 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 Licht looked much better in attack than 3-5-2 and it won't change.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I'll say it again: Bayern were just too good for any team out there. You're talking about a side that won their league with a 20 point advantage, over the other CL finalist, and crushed teams in that process, they barely conceded lol. To be perfectly honest I think it was quite obvious they were gonna win the CL, I haven't seen a side with the determination they played with. Dat pressing, transitions and compactness

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
I'll say it again: Bayern were just too good for any team out there. You're talking about a side that won their league with a 20 point advantage, over the other CL finalist, and crushed teams in that process, they barely conceded lol. To be perfectly honest I think it was quite obvious they were gonna win the CL, I haven't seen a side with the determination they played with. Dat pressing, transitions and compactness
No no, it's because of 3-5-2.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

You mean like, say, Tevez and Llorente? I don't understand, are you making a prediction for this season or just going over old ground from last season?

- - - Updated - - -

In 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 Licht looked much better in attack than 3-5-2 and it won't change.
(Serie A)

Lichtsteiner 2011-12
35 games
2 goals
2 assists
5 offsides
111 crosses
14 shots (5 on target)

Lichtsteiner 2012-13
28 games
4 goals
2 assists
8 offsides
94 crosses
23 shots (10 on target)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
You mean like, say, Tevez and Llorente? I don't understand, are you making a prediction for this season or just going over old ground from last season?
Both. I am excited to see how could this team handle a tough opponent in Europe, but I'm still disappointed we didn't handle our left side problem.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Lichtsteiner 2011-12
35 games
2 goals
2 assists
5 offsides
111 crosses
14 shots (5 on target)

Lichtsteiner 2012-13
28 games
4 goals
2 assists
8 offsides
94 crosses
23 shots (10 on target)
So in this discussion stats can be used to prove a point, but in others, it's always "stats clearly show a different picture".

Lichtsteiner is a much better full back than he is a wing back. You don't have to show stats to convince otherwise. He is better than the rest of our "wing backs" because we have no proper one in the squad, and he at least compensate for his poor crossing and lack of dribbling by his runs behind the defenders.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Lichtsteiner is a much better full back than he is a wing back. You don't have to show stats to convince otherwise. He is better than the rest of our "wing backs" because we have no proper one in the squad, and he at least compensate for his poor crossing and lack of dribbling by his runs behind the defenders.
I agree with that, he's a 'real' fullback. What I don't agree with is saying he is a better attacker when played as a fullback. It actually makes no sense, when his job as a wingback is much more attacking.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
we were inexperienced, couldn't handle it mentally after going down so early against a powerhouse team.

it will be different this time.
It was not that simple, because we were pummeled in same fashion by the former champions and we fought back. That was in our first game.

But bayern didnt let us do that

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I have a feeling Chelsea are going to be quite ominous this season, but there are big teams who exit early from the CL every season, just the nature of it.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Except when he gets dispossessed. And in the last 2 seasons, he's had the highest dispossession rate in our team.
I won't speak for the rest of his game, but his dispossessions don't come from being outmuscled with his back to goal, but his indecisiveness and poor decision-making.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)