Kwadwo Asamoah (12 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
It seemed like they hadn't done their research on Asa. He's only ever dangerous when he cuts outside, so you almost have to go against conventional defending wisdom and usher him towards goal.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I honestly don't get your criticism. I could perhaps think of one game where he didn't put in a fine display, and I don't have any other complaints. Already has a good number of assists, and his ball control and physicality really does make himself reliable.
He's a rock defensively, but offensively he's too predictable. Most often you see him passing it back to Chiellini or Marchisio, or trying to dribble his opponent and fail. This only works when he outruns the defender. His crossing isn't very good neither. What's sad is that this is not his fault at all.

The bold part confirms that he's still a great player, hence can still be effective when played out of position sometimes. He is unfortunate for having Marchisio and Vidal in the same team as him.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He's a rock defensively, but offensively he's too predictable. Most often you see him passing it back to Chiellini or Marchisio, or trying to dribble his opponent and fail. This only works when he outruns the defender. His crossing isn't very good neither. What's sad is that this is not his fault at all.

The bold part confirms that he's still a great player, hence can still be effective when played out of position sometimes. He is unfortunate for having Marchisio and Vidal in the same team as him.
You are just obsessed that he played CM at Udinese and isn't in his "natural position" like that is even a real thing. This is evidenced by your desire to have Armero instead because he is a "natural LWB". Schweinsteiger started as a fucking winger and is now a top DM. Go figure.

He has as many or more assists than Pirlo so far, obviously some crosses are finding their mark. :howler:

He had at least 3 great crosses today. One for a goal, one a near goal and one was whipped into the box perfectly. He went by Ivanovic like he wasn't there on at least 2 occasions with just pace to get in crosses. I guess you expect perfection. It's not like we play in the EPL with heaps of room where you can dribble wherever you want. We play teams that have 8 men in the box, not even Ronaldo could "cut in" from that spot but you expect a LB to. :howler: Never played football before.

Not to mention he is a brick house defensively.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011

Do you think we will buy another LWB?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
You are just obsessed that he played CM at Udinese and isn't in his "natural position" like that is even a real thing. This is evidenced by your desire to have Armero instead because he is a "natural LWB". Schweinsteiger started as a fucking winger and is now a top DM. Go figure.

He has as many or more assists than Pirlo so far, obviously some crosses are finding their mark. :howler:

He had at least 3 great crosses today. One for a goal, one a near goal and one was whipped into the box perfectly. He went by Ivanovic like he wasn't there on at least 2 occasions with just pace to get in crosses. I guess you expect perfection. It's not like we play in the EPL with heaps of room where you can dribble wherever you want. We play teams that have 8 men in the box, not even Ronaldo could "cut in" from that spot but you expect a LB to. :howler: Never played football before.

Not to mention he is a brick house defensively.
I never claimed he wasn't a beast defensively, but whatever. I'm not in the mood to continue on this. Maybe tomorrow.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
BEASTLY PERFORMANCE as usual.

I'm not even sure what we're going to do when he leaves for that African Nations Cup... He's so essential for our left flank defending and attacking. Marotta have to do something about it.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Give or take one or two little fuck ups with his first touch, I thought he had a really solid game. Provided a great outlet on the left hand side, constantly running at Ivanovic and causing him problems. Notched up another assist as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)