Kwadwo Asamoah (41 Viewers)

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
He was good in parts but he didn't destroy anyone in my view, he did his usual routine of getting so far up the field and passing it either sideways or backways.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
The Mirror's writer thought that he 'destroyed' Ivanovic and Azpilicueta.
I wouldn't say he destroyed either of them, but he was put them under great difficulty (especially Ivanovic) quite a number of times with his directness and powerful runs forward. I honestly dont know how people can be overly critical of him last night, thought he was very effective for us.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I wouldn't say he destroyed either of them, but he was put them under great difficulty (especially Ivanovic) quite a number of times with his directness and powerful runs forward. I honestly dont know how people can be overly critical of him last night, thought he was very effective for us.
I don't think the writer was talking from just an attacking perspective, but I do agree that he was good rather than terrific.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I honestly dont know how can anyone be critical of him AT ALL. HE IS A FUCKING DM PLAYING AS A FUCKING LWB!!!! FUCK!

May 22, 2007
He's a rock defensively, but offensively he's too predictable. Most often you see him passing it back to Chiellini or Marchisio, or trying to dribble his opponent and fail. This only works when he outruns the defender. His crossing isn't very good neither. What's sad is that this is not his fault at all.

The bold part confirms that he's still a great player, hence can still be effective when played out of position sometimes. He is unfortunate for having Marchisio and Vidal in the same team as him.
I thought he was manhandled by Zanetti this season, and that's the only game where I felt he could contribute more offensively, so I don't understand the frustration. And we'll probably never agree on this aspect of his start to Juve life. I'd say his crossing is better than what I was expecting, and he probably should have a few more assists given the areas he's been placing them.

I'm really encouraged though. I love seeing a footballer in that role as well as a defensive beast. Makes so much sense.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I thought he was manhandled by Zanetti this season, and that's the only game where I felt he could contribute more offensively, so I don't understand the frustration. And we'll probably never agree on this aspect of his start to Juve life. I'd say his crossing is better than what I was expecting, and he probably should have a few more assists given the areas he's been placing them.

I'm really encouraged though. I love seeing a footballer in that role as well as a defensive beast. Makes so much sense.
In the 18 games he has played with us so far, he has 5 assists and 3 goals already, which I know is not too shabby. I just dislike seeing him so obviously uncomfortable with the ball at his feet most of the times. He's obviously a good option for Serie A though. There's nothing I can say about him defensively, except that he's magnificent.

I guess looking frustrating doesn't necessarily mean not being effective.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Good defensively, got a very good assist, put in a couple of excellent crosses including one cleared off the line.

I would say a pretty decent match.

- - - Updated - - -

Good defensively, got a very good assist, put in a couple of excellent crosses including one cleared off the line.

I would say a pretty decent match.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
In the 18 games he has played with us so far, he has 5 assists and 3 goals already, which I know is not too shabby. I just dislike seeing him so obviously uncomfortable with the ball at his feet most of the times. He's obviously a good option for Serie A though. There's nothing I can say about him defensively, except that he's magnificent.

I guess looking frustrating doesn't necessarily mean not being effective.
What are you whining about then?

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
He's a selfless warrior that is doing absolutely everything the manager has asked of him.

All about team and grinta, seems like a great addition to the locker room.

Love him.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I'm not sure why some here talk about frustration with Asamoah's game! Every time he has the ball something good happens, offensively and defensively very solid. A complete player.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
i don't understand why people complain about him.. the guy is a total win in the defensive part.. and when he attacks he delivers from match to match.. yea people gets bored of the way he beats his man :sergio: yet he beats his man and deliver assists with this boring step over and turns.. juventuz will never be satisfied :D

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
He's great, I'd love to finally see him in central midfield. The man has it all, great defense, can dribble past an opponent, tough and hard worker. Sounds like a great box to box cm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)