Kwadwo Asamoah (25 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
No, because of his surprisingly good game helping to disrupt their gameplan and creating a good amount of high recoveries by his positionning and pressure.

He's a great player to have in such games.
What are you talking about?

In that match he had 0 tackles, 0 interceptions, 1 clearance, and 1 lucky block on James.

His positioning and pressure helped, but let's not act like he was some ball-winning terrier in that match.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
You are dramatically underestimating Sturaro in high level games, where we counter the opponent. Just saying.

Aside from that, we have 3 worldclass cm's when fit, and we have a big talent in Lemina. Next summer, we'll look at replacing one midfielder for a much better one.

- - - Updated - - -

I made a post about that in his thread explaining my view on him.

I wasent crycifying him " a few weeks ago". I was doing that most of last season, all the time.
Few weeks ago was this past Summer.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Few weeks ago was this past Summer.
Not really. I was trashing him all season. Stopped doing that around the end of it. During the summer, if he left and we upgrade, fine. If he doesnt leave fine aswel.

Why ?

Its extremely clear either Hernanes or Lemina should always play holding mid so Pjanic can play his mezzala role. Pjanic wasent even in good form today, but goddamn look at his contribution.

Lemina at cdm with pjanic cm : excellent
Hernanes at cdm with pjanic cm : also excellent

Really, i've hated him when he came and made that idiotic tackle vs city. But he grew alot throughout last season, and it became unfair to keep hating the player.

Such a good game today.
I have a weak spot when athletes refuse to trow the towel, and keep working hard to turn things around. Which is exactly what he has done compared to a year ago.
- - - Updated - - -

And yes, it was gladbach, not city

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's no coincidence that our upturn in form last year coincided with Marchisio returning and Sturaro being relegated to the bench. He started 5 of our first 10 matches, when we collected 12 points...

And then only started 6 of the next 28 matches and basically sat on the bench as we collected 79 of 84 points.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It's no coincidence that our upturn in form last year coincided with Marchisio returning and Sturaro being relegated to the bench. He started 5 of our first 10 matches, when we collected 12 points...

And then only started 6 of the next 28 matches and basically sat on the bench as we collected 79 of 84 points.
Offcourse, i didnt claim otherwise.

Sturaro is a player that can come into a working midfield and holds his own.

Without Marchisio, our midfield was not working. When He returned, and when Khedira joined, we started an unprecedented winning streak. The team got in sync, the midfield was working. Pogba started to work, Hernanes started to improve and Sturaro did what i described above.

I am not saying these are players who come off the bench and carry a team. I'm saying they can sub into a working midfield and not become a liability. Tbh, like Asamoah was last week.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
This is also why i love juventus, and for example Padoin.

Pado is a limited player, but tactically very versatile, that knows more then most what he can and cant. He can plug a hole anywere without screwing up his positionning, without giving away idiotic balls in the wrong place. He'll keep it simple, stupid.

I'm expecting the starters to make the team work and carry it. Not the subs.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Sturaro, Asamoah, Hernanes are back of the bench material. 6th or 7th CMs. No better. You have 1 or 2 of those CMs in your side. Not 3.

It's obvious we need to upgrade at least one of them. Hence the reason Marotta was pushing so hard to sign Witsel or Matuidi this summer.

Even our sporting director disagrees with you Zach.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
This is also why i love juventus, and for example Padoin.

Pado is a limited player, but tactically very versatile, that knows more then most what he can and cant. He can plug a hole anywere without screwing up his positionning, without giving away idiotic balls in the wrong place. He'll keep it simple, stupid.

I'm expecting the starters to make the team work and carry it. Not the subs.
not really everywhere, he was terrible/bad at regista whenever he played. as a b2b, WB or fullback hes fine, maybe even wide midfielder in a 442 but havent seen him there ever to claim so

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
not really everywhere, he was terrible/bad at regista whenever he played. as a b2b, WB or fullback hes fine, maybe even wide midfielder in a 442 but havent seen him there ever to claim so
Cant recall he was regista at some point. I recall wingback, fullback, and cm at both sides. Cannot remember regista. But that position requires vision and passing

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Cant recall he was regista at some point. I recall wingback, fullback, and cm at both sides. Cannot remember regista. But that position requires vision and passing
he was one game in 14/15 and 1-2 (was vs Roma, but not sure if he was vs Udinese) games at the beginning in 15/16. was very ugly, the worst experiment Allegri has tried so far

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Sturaro, Asamoah, Hernanes are back of the bench material. 6th or 7th CMs. No better. You have 1 or 2 of those CMs in your side. Not 3.

It's obvious we need to upgrade at least one of them. Hence the reason Marotta was pushing so hard to sign Witsel or Matuidi this summer.

Even our sporting director disagrees with you Zach.
If we were desparate for a midfielder, we would have overpayed and got one. Like we were desperate when we got Quag, Matri, Vucinic, Toni and overpayed for them. Overpayed alot, in either fee, wages or both.
Instead, we tried to get one for the right price, Matuidi.

It didnt work. So we decided to keep our current CM's, and loan Cuadrado instead, go for a weak offer on witsel which nearly worked. We decided to put faith in Lemina and have Cuadrado to play a double wing formation as a backup plan.

Are we cool for this season ? Offcourse. Should we continue to upgrade the non starter (PMK)+Lemina midfielders next summer after assessing what we exactly need to add ? Absolutely

- - - Updated - - -

he was one game in 14/15 and 1-2 (was vs Roma, but not sure if he was vs Udinese) games at the beginning in 15/16. was very ugly, the worst experiment Allegri has tried so far
Well, the guy likes to experiment, what can i say :tongue:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If we were desparate for a midfielder, we would have overpayed and got one. Like we were desperate when we got Quag, Matri, Vucinic, Toni and overpayed for them. Overpayed alot, in either fee, wages or both.
Instead, we tried to get one for the right price, Matuidi.

It didnt work. So we decided to keep our current CM's, and loan Cuadrado instead, go for a weak offer on witsel which nearly worked. We decided to put faith in Lemina and have Cuadrado to play a double wing formation as a backup plan.

Are we cool for this season ? Offcourse. Should we continue to upgrade the non starter (PMK)+Lemina midfielders next summer after assessing what we exactly need to add ? Absolutely

- - - Updated - - -

Well, the guy likes to experiment, what can i say :tongue:
1-no we are not ok and we have problems on midfield.

2- this issues should have been adresed this past summer. Not the next one. Thats full irreponsability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)