Kwadwo Asamoah (32 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
We needed 0 midfielders before, and once Marchisio and Sturaro are back, we need 0 'january' midfielders now.

- - - Updated - - -

Asamoah has been player of the season twice as the LWB under Conte and has been excellent as a cm for his nation and before at udinese.

Pereyra was largely disappointing and clearly wasent good enough so we sold him.
Sturaro

Yes, we do need 2 because playing with Hernanes, Lemina or Sturaro isn't good enough for a team who says it wants to win CL

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Sturaro

Yes, we do need 2 because playing with Hernanes, Lemina or Sturaro isn't good enough for a team who says it wants to win CL
Hernanes was on the field when we were trashing bayern at their home.
Sturaro was one of the best players on the field when we were playing madrid the season before

Are madrid and bayern teams that arent good enough to say they want to win the CL ?

And are any of them considered starters ?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Hernanes was on the field when we were trashing bayern at their home.
Sturaro was one of the best players on the field when we were playing madrid the season before

Are madrid and bayern teams that arent good enough to say they want to win the CL ?

And are any of them considered starters ?
That's very nice. I guess inter's players that beat us are good enough to win the Scudetto. Great logic

And no they are not starters. But they become such when Khedira, Pjanic or Marchisio are injured

Remember "2 great players for every position"?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
How did this nonsense about Sturaro being "one of the best players on the field against Real Madrid" start?

Because he made that desperate and lucky toe block of James' header?

He was decent against Real Madrid, even played well. But he wasn't within a country mile of being one of our best players in that match.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
How did this nonsense about Sturaro being "one of the best players on the field against Real Madrid" start?

He was decent against Real Madrid, even played well. But he wasn't within a country mile of being one of our best players in that match.
:tup:

And it was just one game FFS. Outside of that he has shown what a limited, mediocre player he is

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

No, because of his surprisingly good game helping to disrupt their gameplan and creating a good amount of high recoveries by his positionning and pressure.

He's a great player to have in such games.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

And it was just one game FFS. Outside of that he has shown what a limited, mediocre player he is
Aside from the bayern game, sturaro has always played well in every high profile game we played in europe. Players you need to have in case you got injuries and just want to rely on to disrupt the opponent.

Juventus always had players like that in the selection, and always will. Sorry for that.

- - - Updated - - -

he had more than one good game for us though
We cant expect him to be remotely objective. Hating anything that is not blessed with some technical or creative abilities

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Aside from the bayern game, sturaro has always played well in every high profile game we played in europe. Players you need to have in case you got injuries and just want to rely on to disrupt the opponent.

Juventus always had players like that in the selection, and always will. Sorry for that.

- - - Updated - - -

We cant expect him to be remotely objective. Hating anything that is not blessed with some technical or creative abilities
Lol don't be silly

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

I don't get it. I like the player. But at best he should be our 6th or 7th midfielder. He's played 2 or 3 good matches in his Juve career thus far, and has quite a large number more terrible performances.

It's quite obvious we need, at the very least, 1 more top CM. I don't mind Lemina as the 5th CM, he has some good potential to develop. But I'd prefer a slightly better option in the mix with Marchisio, Khedira, Pjanic for a starting spot.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
So Hernanes is amazing all of a sudden? Cool. Not expected at all.
Amazing ? No, not at all. Khedira is amazing.

But Hernanes held his own in a khedira bossed midfield, and that is what a reliable substitude should be all about.

Not able to carry the game. But beeing able to replace a player in a working midfield, and hold your own, keep the team working.

Sturaro does exactly that. Hernanes after half a season started doing exactly that.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Amazing ? No, not at all. Khedira is amazing.

But Hernanes held his own in a khedira bossed midfield, and that is what a reliable substitude should be all about.

Not able to carry the game. But beeing able to replace a player in a working midfield, and hold your own, keep the team working.

Sturaro does exactly that. Hernanes after half a season started doing exactly that.
It was one game, Zach. Before you mention Bayern, you were crucifying the guy just a few weeks ago.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I don't get it. I like the player. But at best he should be our 6th or 7th midfielder. He's played 2 or 3 good matches in his Juve career thus far, and has quite a large number more terrible performances.

It's quite obvious we need, at the very least, 1 more top CM. I don't mind Lemina as the 5th CM, he has some good potential to develop. But I'd prefer a slightly better option in the mix with Marchisio, Khedira, Pjanic for a starting spot.
You are dramatically underestimating Sturaro in high level games, where we counter the opponent. Just saying.

Aside from that, we have 3 worldclass cm's when fit, and we have a big talent in Lemina. Next summer, we'll look at replacing one midfielder for a much better one.

- - - Updated - - -

It was one game, Zach. Before you mention Bayern, you were crucifying the guy just a few weeks ago.
I made a post about that in his thread explaining my view on him.

I wasent crycifying him " a few weeks ago". I was doing that most of last season, all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)