Kwadwo Asamoah (25 Viewers)

Jan 22, 2016
What i like about Asa as a b2b mid is his off the ball movements.he makes so many chaos by drifting wide or sprint forward so defenders have to fallow him to close him down and that free ups space for other players.just look at his movement just before the second goal or his off the ball movement for the first goal that gives king kong time and space to have great cross for sami:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Yeah he played a very intelligent game. It was almost Khediraesque how he played. He used to be quite a good dribbler and was very good at bullying opponents off the ball which I didn't see a lot of but maybe it's just a matter of time. If he can keep improving then he might well deserve Pogba's spot in midfield. And it's been a long time coming.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Yeah he played a very intelligent game. It was almost Khediraesque how he played. He used to be quite a good dribbler and was very good at bullying opponents off the ball which I didn't see a lot of but maybe it's just a matter of time. If he can keep improving then he might well deserve Pogba's spot in midfield. And it's been a long time coming.
Cuz he didn't do It till Max changed the formation and pushed him go forward and Asa tried a couple of dribble near the Box. He needs to improve that cuz we need to pass pressure line and avoid Dybala has to go back almost all game long. Khedira is the guy to make our MF balance and compact, we need the other CM be the one to push and try things

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Cuz he didn't do It till Max changed the formation and pushed him go forward and Asa tried a couple of dribble near the Box. He needs to improve that cuz we need to pass pressure line and avoid Dybala has to go back almost all game long. Khedira is the guy to make our MF balance and compact, we need the other CM be the one to push and try things
Yeah, I wish we have that type of midfielder. :shifty:

eduardmind

Feb 27, 2016
Obviously u overrate Asa as hell. Asa has never scare cuz he does the safety pass every single time, there's no creativity in him right now, he lost his pace and his first touch is descent. I know that he might be able to get back to his old form, but right now he's a descent sub but IMO his way far from an MF starter of a Team that wanna be better than TOP 3. Our MF today struggled a lot against a mid table team. And dont play the assistance card cuz even Sturaro could handle that awesome dybala pass

Asa in a different level of Lemina? Of course, Lemina is trying to adapt into his B2B role and he makes more mistakes cuz he's trying new stuff. Today he lost several balls but he also success in a couple of brilliant dribbles so he's improvement and making new stuff and Asa is just trying to do the safe so yep, they r in very diiferent level, one can get better and the other hardly.
so u still think i overrate Asa???

him on the left side khadira on the right side and pjanic in the middle wow what a mid!!!!!!

Lemina is such a good player so gifted and stuff... but when he plays i find juve midfield is more prone to be penetrated then when marchisio is playing or other player with a very strong tactical ability with off the ball

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
so u still think i overrate Asa???

him on the left side khadira on the right side and pjanic in the middle wow what a mid!!!!!!

Lemina is such a good player so gifted and stuff... but when he plays i find juve midfield is more prone to be penetrated then when marchisio is playing or other player with a very strong tactical ability with off the ball
Asa didn't do any creative thing in all game. Did u see what Khedira does? Did u see how often Dybala went back? Asa did his job and it's a good news but he needs to keep fit and improve as hell in the creative departament.

Max is using Lemina as DM went he shows everytime he has the potential to be a Top CM and even in that position he still manages the way to Delivery good performance

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Asa didn't do any creative thing in all game. Did u see what Khedira does? Did u see how often Dybala went back? Asa did his job and it's a good news but he needs to keep fit and improve as hell in the creative departament.

Max is using Lemina as DM went he shows everytime he has the potential to be a Top CM and even in that position he still manages the way to Delivery good performance
Higuain's goal was created by Asamoah. He had the energy and smarts to sprint ahead and get in between Fiorentina's lines to receive a pass. Then he quickly turned and picked out Khedira right in front of goal.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Higuain's goal was created by Asamoah. He had the energy and smarts to sprint ahead and get in between Fiorentina's lines to receive a pass. Then he quickly turned and picked out Khedira right in front of goal.
Khedira attack the space in a perfect diagonal and u said it's more Asa than Sami :sergio:

We all want Asa in a top level but he needs to get out of his confort zone and be creative... so far he isn't

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Always liked Asamoah and felt he never had a chance to show his best qualities when he played as a wing back - that was going to end once Allegri came on board and got Sandro and Evra but then the injuries happened and was hard to dislodge Pogba.

Now is his chance.

By the way, a quick word on Sandro. I have been a little concerned with his pre-season form and also was not that happy with his performance against Fiorentina. Firstly, he wasted a great chance to go 2-0 when he went for goal with a difficult angle and could have squared it to an unmarked player. Secondly, he did make 1 or 2 defensive errors - one of which led to the goal we conceded. I think Allegri was not too impressed. Hope he improves, otherwise he might put Evra or Asamoah back at wing back.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Always liked Asamoah and felt he never had a chance to show his best qualities when he played as a wing back - that was going to end once Allegri came on board and got Sandro and Evra but then the injuries happened and was hard to dislodge Pogba.

Now is his chance.

By the way, a quick word on Sandro. I have been a little concerned with his pre-season form and also was not that happy with his performance against Fiorentina. Firstly, he wasted a great chance to go 2-0 when he went for goal with a difficult angle and could have squared it to an unmarked player. Secondly, he did make 1 or 2 defensive errors - one of which led to the goal we conceded. I think Allegri was not too impressed. Hope he improves, otherwise he might put Evra or Asamoah back at wing back.
Sandro was our worst player against Viola.

All the same Asamoah won't be returning to wingback, as we have Evra there who Allegri seems to love.

I also don't see Sandro performing poorly often. He was fantastic for us last season. First game of the season was a minor blip imo.

Mar 30, 2006
I knew he could show what he is capable if given a CM role. Circumstances meant he was wasted for a long time but I think he will earn a starting role in CM now. He knows the system and looks great. He has everything needed and playing allowed to develop his skill at beating his marker one on one which will be big when he is getting in the box. I just hope for his health.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)