KSA! Best League in The World: 2023 - 2123 (1 Viewer)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I recall several members saying we'd all be watching this competition, because we'd follow the stars.

Does anyone know the top three teams right now? I mean, if the league is being played now. I don't really know when the season takes place.

3 weeks ago: juve vs some lecce 399K views on official serie a channel

3 weeks ago: al nassr vs al ahli 1.4 million views on a random fox networks channel

just because YOU don't view it doesn't mean rest of world doesn't view it.

i dont use tik tok. doesn't mean i can come say ohh no one is using it because i am not when there is 1.7 billion active users.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

3 weeks ago: al nassr vs al ahli 1.4 million views on a random fox networks channel

i dont use tik tok. doesn't mean i can come say ohh no one is using it because i am not when there is 1.7 billion active users.
That's great.

No one in Europe watches it, dude.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #163

This is radically misleading because you're using two data points.

In 2021, Ligue 1 averaged 10.4 million viewers per game.

yan Reynolds’ Wrexham has just spent over $300,000 in the transfer market. Even with such minimal spending, the club is able to pull off better results. Despite spending over $1 billion in the transfer market, the Saudi league is facing difficulty in matching the average footfall of Ryan Reynolds’s Wrexham. The Saudi clubs have spent millions in bringing World-class stars from around the world, yet it feels like they couldn’t bring much attention to it.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/s...league-overshadowed-by-ryan-reynolds-wrexham/

Saudi Arabia’s football spending spree may have transformed it into one of the world’s biggest transfer markets, but relatively low attendance numbers and minuscule revenue from media rights illustrate the scale of the challenge facing the local league.

The Saudi Professional Football League has so far averaged 8,500 spectators per game this season. While that’s a 24% increase from last year, it’s lower than the average for Ryan Reynolds’ Wrexham AFC which until recently competed in the fifth tier of British soccer. Games in the English Premier League and Bundesliga average about 40,000 fans each.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ootball-spend-yields-modest-returns#xj4y7vzkg

This is a good read, too:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/15/sports/soccer/saudi-pro-league-tv.html

- - - Updated - - -

RB Salzburg, Rapid Wien, Austria Wien
    I always loved Sturm Graz.

OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #170
    This is in Qatar, but still, crazy....

This appearance by Julian Draxler raises question marks. The ex-national player came on as a substitute at half-time in his new club Al Ahli SC’s 4-2 defeat against Qatar SC, then scored a brace and quickly disappeared off the field again without being substituted.

When the score was 0-2, the new signing from Paris Saint-Germain entered the field.

And the 30-year-old delivered straight away: first he confidently made it 1:3 with a right-footed shot in the 62nd minute, then he reduced the score to 2:3 in the 66th minute with a powerful right-footed shot from the edge of the penalty area after a one-two. They were the first goals since his arrival.

But then Draxler was suddenly gone.

When he received a ball directly in front of the dugout, he passed it to his teammate and left the field towards the locker room without announcement.

This also caused a stir internationally. FoxSports wrote: “He was the star of his team with a brace, but when he saw they were losing at home, Julian Draxler left the pitch, leaving his teammates with a man less, with no injury or extreme urgency to act of the German player was reported.”

The scene was also noticed by French Football Weekly: “After a back pass in his camp, Draxler simply left the field. Without interrupting the game, without consulting his coach or even without any apparent reason, the number seven left his teammates at the end of the game, visibly annoyed. We don’t know what drove the 30-year-old to behave this way.”

And Onze Mondial published: “In a game against Qatar SC, Julian Draxler lost his temper in the final phase of the game when he left the pitch for no apparent reason. When his team was down 3-0, the German attacking midfielder brought his team to 3-2 with a brace. Only the guests scored the fourth goal in the final phase, a situation that caused Draxler to have a complete breakdown, so he decided to leave the pitch on his own initiative.

However, there is obviously an explanation for the scene, although his club has not yet released an official statement. The offensive man is said to have complained of gastrointestinal problems and returned to the pitch a short time later.

Draxler couldn’t do anything about the defeat.

More of a breakdown on this page.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.c...draxler-sancho-juventus-ac-milan-transfer-tel

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    :lol: Something about Saudis and sports that just doesn't seem to work, even when they host the big boxing events there is no atmosphere there, the football like wise, they're just not a sporting nation what so ever.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    :lol: Something about Saudis and sports that just doesn't seem to work, even when they host the big boxing events there is no atmosphere there, the football like wise, they're just not a sporting nation what so ever.
    In all things culture is developed with time, and this is something that cannot be bought unfortunately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)